The Journey of Iesir

Started by Daniel Thomas, Sun 18/07/2010 07:18:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Thomas

The Journey of Iesir

The Journey of Iesir takes place in a land reminiscent of the medieval ages, yet has a story that integrates ideas as old as the legendary Vikings, and as modern as the hippie movement in the 1970's.

The player takes the role of Michael, a wandering playwright among other things, and he sees Iesir and its troubles through the fresh eyes of a stranger, yet he becomes pivotal to the events that unfold in Iesir.   Seeking both adventure and inspiration for his new screenplay, under the guidance of his mysterious Mentor, Mikael seeks out a Viking called Daniel Trondhjemsfjord, who needs help with a task that seems adventurous.  What seems like a simple quest of stealing a old Viking painting soon turns out to be more then Mikael could have ever imagined...

Who is his mysterious Mentor, who has set Mikael on a path that leads him to places he never imagined?  How do the recent viking attacks along the coastline fit into Daniel's past, and Iesir's future?  Why is there a demon-possessed, moose-headed alchemist in town?  The game delivers a rich and detailed plot dealing with some hefty issues along with a a large dollop of humour. The Journey of Iesir is a tale of discovery and change on many levels.

The Journey of Iesir plays like a typical point and click adventure computer game, and hopes to immerse the player in this unique world through its story, character and game play elements. With its combination of drama and humor, the Journey of Iesir will always provide something for the player to look forward to.

Screenshots
(everything is WIP)

We're currently working on Chapter 1 and half of the backgrounds are complete. Much of the graphics and animations have place-holders and you can already starting to get a great feel of the world of Iesir. We produce with high ambitions and aim to get a high quality game that we later might try to pitch to a publisher.

Features
* Fun and quirky puzzles
* Vibrant and fun art in 1024x768 resolution
* Animations that bring the characters to life, full of expressions!
* Living environments with effects to enhance immersion
* Mini-games

Current Team
Daniel "zyndikate" Thomas - Lead artist, Animator & project manager
Dave "CaptainD" Seaman - Writer
Tino "Knoodn" Bensing - Scripting
Santtu Ahola - Programming
Eric "Viking" Galluzzo - Music
Daniel Swearengin - Sound design

With additional help from
Simon Eltz - Animator
Nikolas Sideris - Music
Ryan Timothy - Programmer
Daniel Muller - Animator
Marcus Gaigg - Writer
Geoff Hawthorne "strange visitor" - Script and puzzles

Help Wanted
READ MORE HERE

Contact
zyndikate@hotmail.com

Publicity:
IGM The Journey of Iesir Interview

Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

ThreeOhFour

I've been looking forward to hearing more about this, and it looks beautiful.

Congratulations on your work so far!

mkennedy

The screenshots look nice, and the hero looks a bit like Stephen Colbert.

Cyrus

Cool! It looks a lot like your other project, Piacaroon.

Gravity

Looks good. Sounds good. I hope it plays good. Would offer to help with writing but I've never tried comical stuff before. Anyway, good luck with the game!

Mouth for war

Whoa! This looks extremely nice :D Best of luck with your game
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Chicky

Some very nice games in production at the moment! The art looks wonderful, very CMI.

edit: "It is a painting worth a shipload." - Awesome line, Will there be voice acting?

Also, your writing underneath the screenshots managed to repeat itself without me noticing. It really messed with my head  :=

Monk

a great state of graphical work, i love it! keep up the great work!

Pinback

Highly impressive graphics! Looking forward to seeing a demo indeed.

theo

Man this looks absolutely balls to the walls drop dead beautiful.

Takyon

Absolutely amazing. Check your PM's Zyndikate :D.
ghost.

Dualnames

I like the bluecup reference as per usual  ;)

The graphics are amazing!!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Mordalles

those are some stunning visuals! good luck with the project! It looks amazing!

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Ali

Lovely work, that really makes you want to keep staring at it. Incidentally, is that a picture of Hugo Chavez on the Kaffe roof?

I would so try to pick that up.

Secret Fawful

selmiak

This looks really cool and I'd love to see some character animations from the game. :D

Daniel Thomas

Wow, thanks everyone, very much appreciated!
Everybody who sent me PM, be patience, I'm not at home right now and it might be a bit slow with replying this week. But Ill get back to everybody.

@Dualnames, ha, thanks for noticing. :)
@chicky, I would like to hope we will have voiceacting, if we get a publisher I would think its very likely.
@Ali, nop, wont say more then that though. ;)

(fixed some text duplications in original post, sorry about that)
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

PuNKKoMmANDO77

i k a r i

It certainly looks like something I would pay to play... It is possible to say how much is going to cost right now?!...

I'm still drooling
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk