The Journey of Iesir

Started by Daniel Thomas, Sun 18/07/2010 07:18:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Thomas

I bring great news! At least I think it is.
After interest from several writer we have found our man, Dave Seaman. You have probably seen him around here, only he's more known as CaptainD. You can find his blog here http://captaind-pc-gaming.blogspot.com .

Other awesome news, Nikolas Sideris and Thomas Regin from North By Sound has offered to help out with the Audio. You all probably know them for their great contribution to adventure games. If not you should head over to their homepage http://www.northbysound.com and listen, you wont regret it!

ikari, it's hard to say, probably up to the publisher if we get one - otherwise it will be something we decide later.

We're still looking for talented animators though, so if you are one or know any.. :)

Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

Dualnames

YAY!! CaptainD!!! And Nikolas and Thomas!! Does that get better? ;)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Igor Hardy

Screens look excellent and the crew is full of great talent. Good luck with this!

CaptainD

Quote from: Dualnames on Tue 27/07/2010 17:45:56
YAY!! CaptainD!!!

Hey James, I like the way you said that as if it was a good thing!  ;D ;D 8)

Darth Mandarb

I don't usually comment on games in here but I can't not ... this looks freakin' great guys!  Seriously.

I'm assuming the final character won't just be a reversed image for the left/right views?  It's just a nit-picky thing for me but I'd hate to see such graphical beauty tarnished by such a thing.  Granted I'm probably the only person picky (anal) enough to even notice it.

The story sounds intriguing, the visuals are great, the "feel" is polished ... I'm looking forward to this one.

h3adlin3

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Well with Thomas Regin and Nikolas on the audio end I expect to HEAR great things from this game.  Also, I'll just say your artwork has improved CONSIDERABLY since I last saw anything from you, Zyndicate.  I'm quite thoroughly impressed.

So impressed, in fact, that I'm extremely impressed.  Possibly even more than that.

Good luck with this!

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Dualnames on Tue 27/07/2010 17:45:56
YAY!! CaptainD!!! And Nikolas and Thomas!! Does that get better? ;)
Well.... there's me! lol I'm sure I amount to some cool points.

;D

It's good to hear the compliments this game is receiving.  I've been doing my very best to add little programming touches to this game to match the quality of the artwork; to give it that professional feel.
Little touches that the average player wouldn't even notice. :P Those are also the fun ones.

CaptainD

Quote from: Ryan Timothy link=topic=41440.msg549371#msg549371
It's good to hear the compliments this game is receiving.  I've been doing my very best to add little programming touches to this game to match the quality of the artwork; to give it that professional feel.
Little touches that the average player wouldn't even notice. :P Those are also the fun ones.

I can say from what I've seen in the beta build so far that those "little touches" really are paying off already.  (Pity a lot of the dialogue's likely to be tripe if I'm writing it... ;D :o)   

You receive the +8 Coat of Coolness!  8) 8)
8)

Sughly

Holy... that art is just all kinds of absolute awesome. Nice work! Keep it up (jealousness aside  ;D)

Lucid

This is SUPER AWESOME!!! The graphics are perfect and they look like The Curse of the Monkey Island.

Daniel Thomas

As always, Thanks for the positive comments, they are appreciated!

It's always hard to the programmers effort on a few screen shots, but I Ryan has made a great job working on our game build.  Not that I thought anyone was thinking anything else though. I would also like to give credits to Marcus who have nailed down the story and a lot of writing, a tremendous work if anyone asks me.

I'm hoping to have a little treat next week to show here! So stay tuned, if interested. ;)

teemue

Hi! I'm an animator working as a professional. Would like to help but afraid I don't have time (at least yet) to. I would like to know about the story and writing and dialogue quality though, if they'd prove awesome, I might be up to it.  :)

The characters look like 3d characters rendered with toon shading - is that true and if so, what software you have used. I'm myself on Maya.

Give me a pm and some demo to check, and some info on the character setup if interested.
Director at Nopia animation

Daniel Thomas

Great news everyone!
An amazing artist and animator has joined our crew to help out with animations.  His name is Daniel Muller aka 'Dorcan', for you who has been around a long time might have seen him around. To get a little taste of his talent you can check out his demoreel HERE

It looks like we have a complete team now. :)

Stupot

Impresive work!
Can't wait to play this.

cianty

This game looks very promising. I can't wait to try it! The demo reel is also pretty good. :)
ca. 70% completed

Sughly

Yeah that demo reel is pretty impressive. I just tried my hand at that flour sack animation in an animation class today and didn't do half as well  :(. Looking forward to seeing the characters from the screens at the hands of this talent...

mylesblasonato

Hey Zyndicate :)
I wouldn't expect anything less from you.
When we worked together your art was some of the best I had ever seen.
This game is looking to be awesome :)

Can't wait,
Cheers,
Myles Blasonato.
Creative Director, Capptive Arts.
@mylesblasonato
@capptivearts
http://au.linkedin.com/pub/myles-blasonato/26/600/a38

CosmoQueen

STUNNING, simply stunning. I don't know what else I can say, I'm kinda speechless after seeing those graphics.
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Daniel Thomas

Thanks everyone!
I still have that treat to give/show but it didn't get finished last week. It's coming though!
And Dorcan has done great work on our character and hopefully we can show it soon.

Anyway, everything is going forward in good speed!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk