The Journey of Iesir

Started by Daniel Thomas, Sun 18/07/2010 07:18:06

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Of course now we need to have a baby girl in the game so "CaptainE" (actually her name is Phoebe  ;D) can provide the sound effects.  8)

An enormous amount of work is going into this game which is why it's not going to be finished anytime soon, but it'll definitely be worth it.  If anyone would like to back us financially so we can give up our day jobs and work on it full time, things would go a lot quicker...  ::)

Icey

Is there going to be a demo for this?

Just wondering  :-\

Jackpumpkinhead

I am so amazed that I don't know what to say!
Just goes to show that we have been given a truly powerful tool for making games.
It's great to see a group of people use it to it's full potential .
currently on an indefinite hold.

Daniel Thomas

Thanks guys! You're all too kind. :)

@Studio3, It's to early to tell. But I don't see why there shouldn't be a demo.
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

Icey

Ok. I just cant wait to play this ;D

Tarmstorm

This looks realy interesting, kinda like Curse of Monkey Island, but softer.

CaptainD

Quote from: Tarmstorm on Sat 22/01/2011 16:29:42

I'm interested to know whether you're talking about just the graphics or the game in general?

I'd say it'll be CoMI but more satirical  ;D

Tarmstorm

I meant the graphics, even though I do love me some soft games.  :)

Igor Hardy

Oh no!

Are you trying to make The Journey of Plushy Smoothie, you big softies!? You should rough up the game a little before the release! :)

Tarmstorm

Quote from: Ascovel on Sat 22/01/2011 18:51:57

Oh no!

Are you trying to make The Journey of Plushy Smoothie, you big softies!? You should rough up the game a little before the release! :)
More manly chain saw-puzzles?

CaptainD

Quote from: Tarmstorm on Sat 22/01/2011 20:24:57

Rats, I don't think we have ANY manly chain saw puzzles in the game yet...

cianty

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 22/01/2011 21:53:12
Quote from: Tarmstorm on Sat 22/01/2011 20:24:57

Rats, I don't think we have ANY manly chain saw puzzles in the game yet...

Damn. And I used to look forward to this game...
ca. 70% completed

ALPHATT

looks handsome, remember to avoid pixel hunts like the plauge, consider implementing a highlight system(see: Monkey Island 2: Special Edition or Runaway: Twist of Fate, the thing to remember here is while MI2 doesn't need a highlight feature Runaway 3 does.) and overly messed up logic, best of luck to you. Also, remember, hardcore adventure games are the thing of the past, the core game can be hard, but make sure to place an in game hint system or what Kaptain Brawe did with the core and casual difficulty levels, walkthroughs spoil games, and you really don't want that.
/sig

LeftHandedMatt

Oh my, the art style of this game is absolutely beautiful. I am beyond envious of your artistic abilities, and really look forward to seeing more of this game.

CaptainD

- We hate pixel hunts ourselves  ;D
- Hint system is being developed
- The logic will (hopefully?!?!) make sense to everyone.  We're working hard on making everything make sense - well, at least to us it all makes sense...
- We're trying to make something that will appeal to hardcore adventure gamers as well as more casual gamers - but yeah, it's a tricky balancing act.  :=

Quote from: ALPHATT on Mon 24/01/2011 01:26:09
looks handsome, remember to avoid pixel hunts like the plauge, consider implementing a highlight system(see: Monkey Island 2: Special Edition or Runaway: Twist of Fate, the thing to remember here is while MI2 doesn't need a highlight feature Runaway 3 does.) and overly messed up logic, best of luck to you. Also, remember, hardcore adventure games are the thing of the past, the core game can be hard, but make sure to place an in game hint system or what Kaptain Brawe did with the core and casual difficulty levels, walkthroughs spoil games, and you really don't want that.

ALPHATT

/sig

Iliya

I spent 30 minutes staring at those 2 screenshots to find something that is not on the right place. I couldn't find one. They are PERFECT! Keep up the good work, guys!

Ryan Timothy B

And those are the old backgrounds and character art. You should see the new style. :P

Nikolas

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Sat 29/01/2011 02:27:14
And those are the old backgrounds and character art. You should see the new style. :P
Or listen to the music of the game...  :=

Takyon

You guys are taunting us, not fair :D.
ghost.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk