The Journey of Iesir

Started by Daniel Thomas, Sun 18/07/2010 07:18:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Sughly

Yeah definately! Best thing about it was getting to see some new backgrounds for the game through my amazing spy talents*

*I really just stumbled upon them in your portfolio

Daniel Thomas

Glad you like it guys!

How dare you look at backgrounds we haven't officially announced, through my portfolio! :)
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 05/08/2011 20:47:32
I hope production is still alive and well, on this. Or else I'll punch Ryan in the stomach to get him working! :P
Woah, woah, woah.. Woah. Louis! This is NOT MY batman cup!

I guess I'll have to work extra hard to avoid the Dual fist.

Jackpumpkinhead

yeah i "stumbled" too! ;D
it looks so great. i know that this is still somewhat long off but i would love to read for a voice part in this

!!!!!!!!!.......Will Work For Free.......!!!!!!!!
currently on an indefinite hold.

CaptainD

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Sat 06/08/2011 14:29:11
I guess I'll have to work extra hard to avoid the Dual fist.

I really wish we'd threatened him with Dual sooner... in the last week, Ryan's output has increased drammatically!  ;D ;D  (Although we have a theory that his coding output is inversely proportionate to his beer intake...)

Daniel Thomas

Hi everyone!
We are looking for someone to help out with scripting, read more HERE if interested!

Daniel Thomas

I just want to elaborate as I had some questions about it:
This is not about solving a lot of complicated programing problems. We're mainly looking for someone with a artistic eye who know enough scripting to move the character around, play animations, script cut scenes in a good looking way. All the functions will already be provided by Ryan.

Things like:
Would the character move a little to the left, face the right direction.. Rub his chin. Would this dialogue line need a little pause after to make good comedic timing or natural pace.. Is this scene showing too long, would it feel better if we cut from it faster.

So if you have this artistic eye(like an director) and know how to _script_ in AGS with already created functions. Then you're our man/woman/boy/girl! :)

I hope that clears out any confusion, thanks!

Wonkyth

Soo, tempted to sing up for this!
But it's really been too long since I've used AGS...  :-\
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Daniel Thomas

Hi everyone!
We found our guy! Tino aka Knoodn will help us with taking this game to the next level.
You might have played his game 'Trevor Daison in outer space' or seen 'UNGA Needs MUMBA'?

Who knows, maybe we will be ready to actual show some gameplay soon. :)

arj0n

Good news!

UNGA Needs MUMBA... one of my favorites to-be-released-this-year games :)

Knoodn

Thank you zyndikate, for the introduction.
I'm ready for work...

(And thank you Arjon. You know you will be the first to play "UnM".)

diego

this is one of my fav AGS incoming project, quite a charming artwork mixing Curse of Monkey Island style and Runaway. Really looking forward to it!

p.s. if you need some guitar work on your tracks, let me know, i'll be glad to help, here's my arrangement of song from Beyond Atlantis - www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDLrud0AjHk

Ryan Timothy B

We're currently playing around with the animation system I've coded. It uses two layers for the head and body. Used whenever characters talk or want to express a certain gesture/pose. It looks fantastic even though some of the quick gestures and expressions are programming graphics and we're still missing a few other expressions. It really adds a lot of life to this project. I can't wait to see the whole array of gestures completely done and in use.

Now I want to add some random blinking or itching/boredom animations whenever the character is standing around.

stepsoversnails

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Fri 16/09/2011 02:50:18
We're currently playing around with the animation system I've coded. It uses two layers for the head and body. Used whenever characters talk or want to express a certain gesture/pose. It looks fantastic even though some of the quick gestures and expressions are programming graphics and we're still missing a few other expressions. It really adds a lot of life to this project. I can't wait to see the whole array of gestures completely done and in use.

Now I want to add some random blinking or itching/boredom animations whenever the character is standing around.

"That's amazing! I always wondered if it were possible to do that with AGS." stepsoversnails says, praying for a module or plugin.

Sughly

Show me something new dammit!! >:(

I'm refreshing this damn page every day, and now I'm making demands! A cropped 100x100 of something will do! I beg you! :'(

CaptainD

Quote from: Sughly on Fri 23/09/2011 11:22:54
Show me something new dammit!! >:(

I'm refreshing this damn page every day, and now I'm making demands! A cropped 100x100 of something will do! I beg you! :'(

Oh all right then, here's a snippet of dialogue for you...

Mikael: Hello there!
Drunk: Whassup?
Mikael: Had a little too much to drink, have you?
Barman: He’s had his limit.
Barman:  I wouldn’t normally let him get this bad, but there’s been a tragedy.
Mikael: What tragedy?
Barman: You’d better ask him.
Barman: It’s not my place to divulge the secrets and daily activities of my patrons.
Student: That doesn’t normally stop you!
Barman: Student discount is optional, you know.
Student: What?  I didn’t say anything!

caelicorn

This is looking gorgeous! Would love to see some updates!!

mylesblasonato

Awesomeness :)

Cheers,
Myles Blasonato.
Creative Director, Capptive Arts.
@mylesblasonato
@capptivearts
http://au.linkedin.com/pub/myles-blasonato/26/600/a38

Sughly

Haha, thanks CaptainD. I actually didnt check back sooner since I didnt actually think my whinging would get me anywhere. But there you go, lesson learnt - whinge more on forums to get my way. Nice piece of chit chat though, lots of character just in there!

mystinsun

The game looks AWESOME. If you'll translate it in italian I could help you as voice-actor, if you would! ;D
A demo of my voice(s) is below in my signature ;)
A demo of my voice (in italian): http://goo.gl/lQCBJ
Monkey Island flash (by Marius Fietzek) in italian: http://goo.gl/P8zU0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk