Jolly Rover

Started by CaptainD, Thu 22/07/2010 18:54:03

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Has anyone else played this?  It's a real Monkey Island pastiche but also a very good adventure game in its own right.  The only problems are its shortness and relative easiness for most seasoned adventure gamers - the game incorporates some casual gaming elements as well, which I felt were a bit of a mixed blessing...

I've also reviewed it if anyone's interested.  It's definitely an enjoyable game, though probably a little over-priced right now (though the game's author told me that there's a special offer starting tomorrow).

Babar

So the guy in that game design talk with Dave Gilbert was ALSO an AGSer?!
Hahahaha...adventure game development is a small world...

WHEN IS THE NEXT PART COMING OUT?! :P
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Peder 🚀

Bought it when it was on offer!
Barely played it but it looks really good ^^.

Ill have to find some time to play it all the way through!

Layabout

He also programmed Emerald City Confidential for Dave.
I am Jean-Pierre.

Dualnames

Quote from: TheJBurger on Thu 22/07/2010 19:35:39
It's made by Andrew Goulding! Of "Just Another Point n Click Adventure" fame!

This sentence along with other great people that are not anymore part of this society or have been, pretty much makes me think that AGS gathered the best it could gather back then, but it missed me. Can't have it all.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Dave Gilbert

"Back then" meaning two years ago? 

Dualnames

No I meant guys like you and Yahtzee and Trap and all those people that where very young and made their first steps on the AGS forums are now great internet/computer personalities.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk