MAGS August: Parody/Demakes (Game Making Round: Winner Announced) FAREWELL

Started by Dualnames, Mon 02/08/2010 18:14:31

Previous topic - Next topic

OneDollar

Nah, I don't want it. I work to my deadlines dangit :D

Seriously though I need to get it released because I want some free evenings again. I'll put it up later today (maybe in an hour or two).

Though if anyone does want an extension to make an hour/day/two day game and enter, that's fine by me.

Dualnames

Okay, then I wait for you to post your entry to close my last MAGS as a host.

There it is then my final message.

It's been a wonderful year to be a MAGS host. We've had fairly successful Months, like Steampunk and OROM, and well, some non successful ones and some months saved in the last minute. I thank all entrants and theme winners, and those that failed to make an entry but really wanted/tried.

As for that month that had no entry, it wasn't the theme, its just the timing, so if you want to blaim someone, blaim Chicky, cause he's cute.

I therefore officially give Atelier Games, my position. May he whip you bad to make games!

PS: Surprisingly it ends for me as it ended for Klaus, that means OneDollar setting the theme for September. ;)
One Dollar, when you're done you know the drift, send the theme to Atelier Games.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Chicky

That's right, blaim me.  :D

OneDollar

OneDollar Productions present...
Little Simulated People

Download!

Little Simulated People is a demake of The Sims and possibly a homage to Little Computer People, though I never actually played that.

Marketing spiel:
Features:
Build mode
Create your Little People's dream house, or construct diabolical mazes where finding your way to the fridge is a serious adventure! Fill your creation with furnishings and appliances to keep the Little People happy.

Genuine artificial intelligence
Little People are smart. They obey orders, but will also satisfy their needs when left to their own devices. A custom pathfinder means they can track down the TV wherever you've hidden it away! Of course if you're a control freak you can also turn the AI off.

Individual real-time statistics
Each Little Person is unique, not only do they have their own name and appearance, they also have their own set of vital statistics to monitor. Little People will prioritise increasing stats that get really low.

Controls:
A lot of stuff is explained in-game, but please read the LSP.txt file included in the .zip for more information.

This is a tech demo rather than a completed game because obviously there's quite a bit more that I'd want to put in but I couldn't do it all in a month. A lot of the major parts are there though, so there should be enough content to have some fun with while getting an idea of what the full thing would be like.

I've been working on this right until the last second (adding in a couple of animations during my lunch break at work today) so while I *think* it's stable I've not tested as fully as I'd have liked to. Let me know any game-crashing type bugs.

Radiant

ddq

Agreed, it's really awesome! I think it is definitely honoring to the last MAGS ruled by Dualnames' iron fist. Hope you keep adding to it.

OneDollar

Thanks guys! Shame there weren't more entries, but never mind. It was a great theme, someone ought to do it again some time.

Anyway, thanks a lot to Dualnames for hosting MAGS and to AtelierGames for stepping in!

Wonkyth

Aw, and I'd started a DayGame and everything!
I was parodying Lost In A Deep Forest.
Ah well, I'll finish the tech demo, anyway, since it's just a little code.
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

bicilotti

Man, LSP really rocks! Are you planning on making a complete version?

Scarab

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 02/08/2010 18:14:31

Or you can make an 8-bit Version of the McCarthy Chronicles

This did get me thinking...

Yay NES! ^_^

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

OneDollar

Quote from: bicilotti on Thu 09/09/2010 20:34:28
Man, LSP really rocks! Are you planning on making a complete version?
Maybe. I've got another outstanding project to finish first, then I might try and get a more complete demo up and maybe start a GIP thread. I also always intended LSP to be open source, but due to the rush in trying to get it finished in the final few days most of the code is very messy so I don't know how useful it'd be.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk