Selecting the theme for the next MAGS

Started by tzachs, Tue 10/08/2010 13:37:28

Previous topic - Next topic

tzachs

I've become a bit paranoid, after my last choice of theme was apparently the worst ever with no entries  :'(

Since I don't want to make that mistake again, and since it went well the last time dualnames did it, I've got some suggestions for the next theme, please pick the one which you like best and are more likely to enter.

The options are:
1. Playing the bad guy - not necessarily evil, can also be a hero with low morals (like Trilby for instance)
2. Solving a mystery
3. First person narrative- can be changed to Film Noir if we want to be more specific
4. A game with a message - a game that gives more than pure entertainment value (like Eternally Us)
5. Something completely different (if you don't like any of the other options, suggest something)

Thank you!

straydogstrut

Aw! I completely missed your last one, being stressed out with my dissertation and all, but it was a really good theme.

Option 1 jumps out at me as the most interesting, I would try to do something with that, but no ideas at the moment.

Of course, I have yet to finish a MAGS entry/my first AGS game, so i'm not exactly the best-equipped to answer! But I always tell myself i'll have time to enter every MAGS that comes around;-)

Radiant

What was your previous theme, anyway?

cat

I don't think your topic was bad - it inspired me to make a game. I just didn't finish it in time so i did this in the 'finish your game' MAGS.

From the topics in your post here I don't get the 'I want to do this'-feeling like I did with 'A game of two halves'

straydogstrut

It was A Game of Two Halves back in March - http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=40254.0
Something in the game should be drastically changed in the middle of the game.
Examples:
* The genre of the game should change from horror to comedy
* The music for the game should change from rock to classical
* The character of the game should change from a boy to a girl
* The interface of the game should change completely
* etc etc, anything goes!

The only limitation here is, there has to be a clear justification in the plot for the change. If the user will ask himself "Why???" then you have failed...

For bonus points, you can change more than one thing 

Yeah, I think it's a great topic, i'm sorry I missed it=(

tzachs

Radiant, seems like you got your answer from the cat and the dog   ;D

Cat, it seems that you didn't add your game to the database or to the completed games sub-forum? Never mind though, found it in the MAGS itself, and will play (bg looks good btw), I'm intrigued to see what you did with the theme.

Feel free to suggest a theme of your own that you find more inspiring.

Dualnames

I'll join your theme. Yes, i will. From September I won't be the host of MAGS anymore. Hooray for me. I think Radiant on that topic suggested a cool theme. Honestly general themes work good. And your old theme was great. I'd join that.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

tzachs

Hooray for dualnames entering the MAGS  :D
Maybe I'll add a mandatory towel inventory item, as a small tribute...

NsMn

If we can still bring in suggestions, I would really like this theme again:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=34986.0

I have seen many other popular themes being used more than one time, so why not this one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk