The true story of the three little pigs

Started by Benjiman33, Fri 13/08/2010 14:00:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Benjiman33

Hi all !
My name is Benjamin and I'm an adventure game FAN. Quite classic one would say... What else can i say... I LOVE PIGS and I'm also french...
For this reason my game will first be developped in French, and I will make a translation when It'll be finished.
I also apologize in advance for my spelling mistakes...

Ok, time has come for me to present my future game:

The true story of the three little pigs

Actually this is my second AGS game.
The first one was short, ugly, and only available in french so you understand better why I did not introduce it.
But let's talk about my amazing project...
World, meet "Nouf-Nouf" "Naf-Naf" and "Nif-Nif" the three little pigs !!

Lazy, alcoholic and naive ?? Yes you've got the point...
But what would be these three pigs without the BIG BAD WOLF !! (''children afraid'')

Frightening ?
Concerning the story, the aim will be to construct three houses so as to protect each pig against the wolf... fidelity with real story ends here and I do not want to reveal more for the moment.
The game will be a DOTT like and you'll have the possibility to switch between the three pigs at any moment and to exchange some objects.
Each pig will access specific rooms and you'll have to solve riddles using this specificity.
During the game you will meet some other well-known characters like Alice, Little Red Riding Hood, jack (and the magic bean), and many others...
HUMOUR is the key word of the game. It will be present everytime.
During the introduction you will have the pleasure to play the Little Red Riding Hood who will have to escape from the Wolf's jail

As you can see I'm not a graphist, neither an artist, all my sprites are done with the basic software "paint" and I'm thinking of using a more powerful one for some backgrounds.
Resolution will be 640*480.
As I told you before, the difficulty for me is that the game is basically supposed to be in French. Do not worry, i will make en English version when everything will be completed (translation and an English Gui of course.)

Here is an overview of the gameplay, backgrounds and characters.

Yeah I know... I have to improve some backgrounds but I hope I have aroused yours curiosity !!
I'm a member of the french unofficial blue cup forum and I'm a newcomer on this forum... I've just remarked that a short game on the same subject already exists
(The Big Bad Wolf and the three little pigs) and I'm curious to try it^^

Ok I don't really know what else I can say... Hope you're gonna like it ;)
Enjoy !!

I'm working on this project since 2 months and I hope to finish the English version in 3 months

Scenario  70%
Graphics  60%
Scripting 50%
Sound     50%
Music      0%

CaptainD

I'm not so sure you should re-do the backgrounds - the simple cartoony style suits the storyline well.  ;D

This looks to be an interesting project, I look forward to playing the finished game (in English - I'm afraid my French isn't up to much!)

Crimson Wizard

I must notice -what struck me most is that on these pigs' front sprites their tails look like they are holding them in their left hands.

mkennedy

Kind of reminds me of that "3 Little Pigs" video by the band "Green Jello"

kconan

The giraffe on piano cracked me up.  Good luck, I look forward to checking it out (especially if there is a translated version).

Benjiman33

Hehehe... Thanks for encouragements !
Happy to see this curiosity for the Girafe ;)
Crimson you're the first one that made me such remark on my pigs...
Unfortunately I've already done all theirs sprites and I will not come back on them^^ However it's just a frontal view and you will not have this feeling when they will be animated :)

I will put some new pictures soon
thanks for your remarks

Matti

This looks like fun. The style could be more polished but I like it. And I love the giraffe too  ;D

straydogstrut

Ooh! This sounds really good, i'm quite excited about it actually!

I would definitely play a French version. I haven't practised my French in ages, but i'm much better at reading French than speaking it, so I could do with the mental work out.

I think the graphics are fine, especially if you're going for a humorous game. I especially like Little Red Riding Hood's crazy eyes=)

P.S. I didn't even attempt to write this post in French because that would just be embarrassing=P

CosmoQueen

LOL I love the names you gave the pigs! :D I really look forward to this.
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Benjiman33

Thanks everyone :)
@CosmoQueen: 'Nouf-Nouf Naf-Naf and Nif-Nif' are the real french names ! They sound quite good for my humorous game so I kept them ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk