Nimbus! - AGS Steam - PreAlpha release

Started by Calin Leafshade, Wed 18/08/2010 16:23:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Timothy B

I still prefer Nexus... meh. It sounds fairy-like for some reason. Or a hairy potter magic spell "Nimbus-elicious".

I'm just a hater. :P

Calin Leafshade

*Takes his football inside and will not play with you guys anymore*

Snake

*snake hollers to Calin as he marches off the field like a little girl,

"JACK BE NIMBUS!!"
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

tzachs

Yes for the new look, it looks really good, clean and simple.

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Fri 25/03/2011 16:32:49
Very odd problems there. I will look into it. If you double click the title bar the whole window should maximize. See if that helps.
I don't know if it's still relevant with your new design and all, but maximizing the window doesn't help...

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Thu 31/03/2011 15:58:26
I still prefer Nexus... meh. It sounds fairy-like for some reason. Or a hairy potter magic spell "Nimbus-elicious".
Actually, you're not far off. Nimbus 2000 is the broom Harry gets for his birthday from his godfather...
But yeah, everything will probably associate with something these days, Nexus to me associates with the nexus smart phone.
It's probably a big idea, though, to pick a name that doesn't have a lot of competitors in google.

m0ds

Trust Calin to change its cool manly name to a silly girly name  ::)

Sure you don't want to put "RM" before "Nimbus", too? :P

TomatoesInTheHead

I'd call it "BigBlueCupboard" 8)

Considering that many AGS games use the default icon, it will hold many blue cups, just like a cupboard.
(and with the new design, it even is blue!)

Calin Leafshade

Quote from: Mods on Thu 31/03/2011 19:50:08

Could someone please remind me why I am making this thing for you assholes. :p

m0ds

Dualnames

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Thu 31/03/2011 19:58:35
Quote from: Mods on Thu 31/03/2011 19:50:08

Could someone please remind me why I am making this thing for you assholes. :p

To split the community in two. Or something like that.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Calin Leafshade

m0ds

No, NEXUS would destroy the forums, NIMBUS is a wispy white cloud that will gently caress the forums genitals. :P

Names aside, good luck getting it done.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: tzachs on Thu 31/03/2011 19:43:04
Actually, you're not far off. Nimbus 2000 is the broom Harry gets for his birthday from his godfather...
Well would you look at that! I've only watched half of one of the movies. Not sure if it was the first or not. Something to do with a dragon with multiple heads, or was it a snake? Or did it even have multiple heads? lol. The movies definitely aren't my cup of tea.

The layout looks nice. The information and such for the games is a little simple looking, but I imagine it'll get revamped one day.

Stupot

Why not have two versions alongside each other... Nexus for the boys and Nimbus for the girls ;)

cosmicr

FWIW, I like the new name. That screenshot looks great too.  Looking forward to trying out the next version.

Calin Leafshade

http://svn.thethoughtradar.com/Nimbus.zip

Hola!

Here's a new version. If this one seems to pan out ok then I'll prepare a real release.

I would advise that you delete the existing Nexus folder entirely and start again (this should be the last time you need to do this since the system is extensible from here on out.)

If you really want to keep your existing games then you can rename the Nexus folder in My Docs to Nimbus and delete the IconCache folder which will be regenerated next time you run Nimbus.

feedback would be nice.

AGA

Looking good.  This may have already been covered, but what decides whether a game can be installed via Nimbus or not?

Igor Hardy

Quote from: AGA on Mon 04/04/2011 23:25:17
Looking good.  This may have already been covered, but what decides whether a game can be installed via Nimbus or not?

I think all the games from agsarchives.com are accessible via Nimbus. And games are on agsarchives.com because their creators asked Peder to host them.

Calin Leafshade

Not quite. The archives need a little tweaking to make them Nimbus ready.

They need to be zip files with their files in the root of the zip. Arj0n has been painstakingly fixing all the archives on AGSA by hand but they should be ready very soon.

Calin Leafshade

For those who are a little bit thick *cough* mods *cough*. I've made a nice installer package for Nimbus that can be found on the agsarchives main page. It even adds a start menu thingy!

http://www.agsarchives.com/

(I hope it works)

*Calinleafshade is a bit thick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk