[SOLVED] Change only specific parts of the color theme?

Started by imagazzell, Tue 09/08/2022 07:12:07

Previous topic - Next topic

imagazzell

Hi gang,

So I'm looking to make a little tweak to the color theme of AGS. I like the majority of the plain default theme, but want to use a dark mode for just the script text editor, to be easier on the eyes while scripting.

I tried starting with the Visual Studio Dark theme and deleting everything but the relevant lines, but it appears the program wants values for everything.

Is there a .json file of the default theme somewhere that I can copy over the rest of the values from?

Alternatively, is there a resource with more themes somewhere? I could only find a couple here on the forums.

Thanks in advance.
Music Composing Services: https://youtu.be/BbT3kfhgA4E

js

I would be interested by a theme resource too.

I've tried:
visualstudio dark
dracula 0.2

and they have both the same problem: selected text entries of interface are unreadable. If you select the part they belong, they become readable (except for example « import new sprites from file)

See: « Default » is ok (active sub-window), the rest is not.

I'm using AGS with Wine, maybe a related problem ?

Crimson Wizard

The Theme support in AGS is still at the experimental stage at the moment.

If there are any obvious errors or inconveniences in theming itself, such as demanding values for everything and not being able to fallback to defaults, not being able to color certain elements, and so on, then these should better be reported as program issues. You may use either the "Editor development" forum section or our github issue tracker for that.

At the moment we only maintain VisualStudioDark theme (half-officially), so if there are any issues with that it's best to post separately in the same locations.

Regarding any other theme, I guess it's best to speak with their respective authors (e.g. I have no idea what "dracula" theme is).

imagazzell

After going a couple weeks without any bites on here, I went ahead and put in the work to match the default theme as close as I could figure out while retaining the dark theme for the script text editor. Having gotten to know the theme file a bit, I also took the initiative to make a gray theme, essentially half way between the default and dark themes. That's what I'm using now, and it seems much easier on my eyes compared to the more high-contrast variants. If interested in any of these, feel free to PM me and I'll share a link with you.
Music Composing Services: https://youtu.be/BbT3kfhgA4E

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk