Hourgame Saturday - September 4 @ 19:00 BST - PLAY AND VOTE!

Started by Kweepa, Wed 01/09/2010 14:22:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Kweepa

WHAT?
Make a GAME in an HOUR, with a THEME.
WHEN?
7pm UK time.
WHERE?
In this THREAD and ON IRC.
WHO?
YOU, not ME. I'm setting the THEME.
WHY?
For FUN and the FUTURE.
WHORE?
Please CAMWHORE or BLOG.
WEB?
TerranRich's SHUTUPLOAD.
WHEE!
Ok, ok, some scrolly text. Here is the small print. The theme will be set by the previous winner (that's me!) and announced here and on IRC at the beginning of the hour. You will have an hour to make the game, plus 15 minutes to debug and upload it. Making a game from scratch is strongly encouraged, but you can use a pre-made template and music from one of the hoursong competitions. I can make a game too but it won't be voted on. I can make trophies though. Please don't use one of those upload sites with 30 second waiting periods and crazy popups. ShutUpLoad works, so just use it, unless you have your own hosting.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Wonkyth

Is there any chance a regular "Pre-HourGame time" time could be arranged?
It's just that there is no way in the world that I could make the proper time, but I tend to put it off indefinitely/forget about it, as there's no one else doing it at the same time.
Also: IT'S NO FUN ON YOUR OWN!  :'(
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Scarab

Quote from: wonkyth on Wed 01/09/2010 14:46:15
Is there any chance a regular "Pre-HourGame time" time could be arranged?
It's just that there is no way in the world that I could make the proper time, but I tend to put it off indefinitely/forget about it, as there's no one else doing it at the same time.
Also: IT'S NO FUN ON YOUR OWN!  :'(

My time zone's close enough to yours; so we should be able to sort something out if Steve can't set up an earlier time.

Spoiler
And if he can, I'm in anyway XD   Yaaay Hourgames!
[close]

Dataflashsabot

Marquee'ing so much text makes it unreadable. Not that anyone likely needs to read it all again, but still.

Kweepa

We can arrange an earlier time.
Let me know when, I'll email you the theme, and you can email me a link to the completed game.
Just contact me by PM.
Wonky, how does 3 hours before the regularly scheduled time sound? I can't guarantee I'll be awake before that... but I think I can set up some kind of email in advance thingy if necessary.

P.S. If you need to read the small print and the scroller makes you queasy, reply with quote and read it there. Then abandon your reply.

Wonkyth

Since the standard time is 6 in the morning, three hours earlier isn't going to be any more suitable. :P
The ideal time for me to do it would be some time between 7 1/2 ~ 9 hours from the time of this post.
Scarab, if you want to do it with me, so that we can keep each other honest, that might work.
The only problem now is getting the topic on time....There isn't some kind of timelock message that could be sent, or a non-competitor who could be informed?
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Kweepa

I can send you an email at any time from Outlook.
Email me your email address (I'm <my forum name> @ gmail.com) with a starting time and I'll schedule an email with the theme in it.

Kweepa

Kweepa

FSi++

A little game by me.

In which you control a little sheep throughout its little life.

Other sheep were not implemented. Because life of a sheep is a lonesome one.

SHEEEP

Dualnames

DN Games proudly presents:
"The Big Sheep"

In a noir world, sheeps have super powers. Can you handle the stupidity? Can you?
INCLUDES GREATNESS

DOWNLOAD
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Kweepa

Ok, we have two awesome entries.
Let the voting begin!

bicilotti

th x pl z

Dualnames' link does not work!  :(

can i have another 1please bai

bicilotti

Only two games, but, oh boy, how nice they are!

Dualnames's has the better gameplay, an interesting graphic choice, a most uncommon pantheon and rain.

FSi managed to made me think about sheep's life, our life, life in general. That's pretty remarkable for a 60mins game.

My vote goes to FSi.

Ghost

Almost a tie, but FSI really touched something there. Sorry, Dual, my vote goes to FSI.

Dualnames

Damn it! Yeah, FSi gets my vote too. Very nicely done my russian mate!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

FSi++

Kweepa

Ah, shoot, I've been busy at work and forgot about this.
I vote for FSi - although duals's's had high production values, the story in FSi's was with me long after I stopped playing.

So, FSi, over to you - I guess next week?

[EDIT] Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk