A RainDog Story

Started by keekee71, Mon 13/09/2010 05:37:37

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee71

Ok again is anyone playing A Raindog story?game and can they help me
I"M Stuck i have wallet have to get last milk bottle off roof cant take sissior from the baber i hit alarm and tried everything hit alarm and went back inside and he say the baber will be back soon can't get back into trian station and hit house with crow wat am i missin
PLEASE HELP!!!!
Ty in advance

rascal

Okay, step by step:

Spoiler
To be able to grab the scissors from the barber shop, you need the barber to open the window.
He'll open the window if he feels hot.
He'll feel hot if the fan won't work anymore.
Trash the fan.
use the tree branch to do so.
whack the alarm with the beam.
Wait for the barber to return into the shop and open the window.
Standing outside, whack the alarm again.
Grab the scissors while he's watching the alarm.
[close]

Good luck from then on, things remain tricky.

keekee71

Quote from: rascal on Wed 15/09/2010 22:59:03
Okay, step by step:

Spoiler
To be able to grab the scissors from the barber shop, you need the barber to open the window.
He'll open the window if he feels hot.
He'll feel hot if the fan won't work anymore.
Trash the fan.
use the tree branch to do so.
whack the alarm with the beam.
Wait for the barber to return into the shop and open the window.
Standing outside, whack the alarm again.
Grab the scissors while he's watching the alarm.
[close]

Good luck from then on, things remain tricky.

ty so much but i dont have a tree branch and he says no when i say use the house beam
ok got the tree branch ty for ur help

Eli

Hola!

I have the scissors but I cant do anything with it. I don't know what can do to take the bottle that is so high

Thanks in advance for any help

by

Eli

Romeo

Hola, che! Cómo andás?
It seems that only a few people are playing this game  :( ...so I'm going to help you:
Code: ags
You have to enter the building to take the upper milk bottle. I'll tell you how to collect it, no more. Go to the first location on the left and use the scissors on the barbed wire. Pick up the piece of barbed wire that will appear on the ground. Open the inventory and use the scissors again on the piece of barbed wire that you've just picked up. You'll make a pick lock. Use it on the abandoned building's door (first location - Tom house). Enter the building and go right (inside the building). Use the gauzes (that you found in the ambulance's trunk) on the drying racks (to make a sort of 'safety net'). Use the beam on the bottle to reach it. Pick up the bottle from the gauzes' net.
I hope you won't stuck again soon...
Cheers

Eli

Hola Romeo

Thanks you, I have my money now.  I hope I won't be stuck again

chao y gracias

Eli

keekee71

Ok how do i get in the window with the stripper. I try to reach He says I can't reach it! Then i try to use things on it and He says i daon't have to do anything more with window cause i can reach it! What's up can someone help me Tried to walk and everything Nothing.

Eli

Romeo

Congratulations for your nice game. I'm happy playing it... but stuck again

Now I´m trying to see Kristy again in her car and waiting that the girl remember her boss telephone or address.

I don't know what to do and I want so much write to you in Spanish... jeee

By and thanks you again

Eli

Romeo

Keekee71:
I don't know how to help you with the puzzle since I don't understand exactly where you are. Have you already entered the 'Good Times' bar? Are you on the shop roofing? If so you must use the box on the roofing to go to the upper level and then enter the window...but have you talked to the bouncer again?

Cheers

Eli:
I'm glad you like my game. Thank you for playing it.
First puzzle: What would you do if you were in a bar trying to convince a waitress to give you some information? I guess you'd give her a tip... (use wallet on Dottie)
second puzzle: you can only play your songs in the subway station and you want Kristy to listen to you. Kristy has a car and so she doesn't need to take the subway but what if she'd flat a tyre? Open the inventory, interact with the beam (remove the nails), use the nails on the road and wait for Kristy to leave the 'Music Inn' and flat the tyre, then go to the subway station, play the guitar and watch the cutscene.
If you want to practice spanish you can send me a mail (although my native language is italian I'm living in Argentina). Anyway, I'm leaving for a few days and I'll be checking the mail probably on monday...

Chau

Tabata

Hi,

I found this nice game and started playing having fun but now I'm stuck.
Can someone please help me to find the tree branch?

Thanks

keekee71

Quote from: Tabata on Thu 23/09/2010 17:08:45
Hi,

I found this nice game and started playing having fun but now I'm stuck.
Can someone please help me to find the tree branch?

Thanks

it's a real pixel hunt... It's by the bench on the tree.

ok i'm stuck tring to get medicine... And how do i get the crow so i can get mr black out his office? And to get rid of the old man

Aussiebloke81

I've been playing this game for the last few days and am totally enjoying it.

I am currently up to the point of the game where I have to get money off Mr Jean for Mrs Irving and that's where I'm stuck. So far in that area I have talked to Mr Jean, have cut the telephone wires, have gotten that big cockroach with the tin cup but from there on I don't know what to do. Any hints would be much appreciated.

keekee71

go back to ms ivring talk to her go back to diner. and think about it what would a hood do? smash stuff right? so try that... roach take it to mr blacks office.... Someone needs to make a walkthrough cause it is kind of hard.. somethings

Aussiebloke81

Thanks for the hints. However I have no idea where Mr Black's office is as I've never been there, this might be a silly question but is it in that house where the bum sleeps below? As for smashing up stuff, I guess I need to smash those windows of the Diner however I can't use the wood beam on the windows nor anything I currently have in possession. Also do I need to interact with that drug dealer as I can't do anything with him?

Tabata

keekee71:
thanks a lot - I watched this tree a thousand times, not mentioning the branch :-\, but now I'm on my way (sorrowly far away from your point, so that I'm not able to give a hint back)

Aussiebloke81:
windows are not the first part of "this job" (go inside and start there)

Romeo:
having great fun - you dit it really well - thank you for giving this nice adventure to us

Aussiebloke81

Just solved the window problem. What was happening was I cut the phone line before smashing the windows with the beam and when I clicked the beam on the windows nothing happened. I then backtracked to a previous save game and smashed one window before cutting the phone line and got arrested by the cop, then after being released I cut the phone line and smashed the other window, then went in and talked to Mr Jean and smashed one of his lamps and then he finally gave in and wrote the check. Anyhow gamers can use this as reference so they don't make the mistake of cutting phone line before smashing the first window.

Anyways I'm back on track now to continue on with the game. :)

keekee71

Glad to have helped and enjoy

Aussiebloke81

Oh one thing I forgot to bring up, Mr Black's office. Now I am curious, was I meant to find his office prior to doing the job of getting that $500 check off Mr Jean? Reason I ask is because I wonder if I've missed that part of the game I can still do it later on or am I gonna be forever stuck because I missed it? Also I have absolutely no idea where Mr Black's office is and am wondering what do I do to bring Mr Black's office up on the map? I am currently stuck just after doing the Mr Jean check job in which I have bought the wine from the store and can only go to the inn and have a cold beer in which no matter how many times I drink from it it never runs out and nothing happens. Plus I'm unable to get the pole climbing straps as that bloke with the newspaper is in the way.

Anyways I'll plod along and see what I can figure out.

Cheers
Troy

Tabata

Hi Troy,

did you give the tip to the waitress, as Romeo posted? If so, then do a little more pixelhunting near/around the bum and I'm shure, you'll find the office.

I'm not much further - only watched mr. Black and his office but Tom won't talk to him. I also can't get rid of the secretary (Tom won't put the worms from the nest on her or near her at the ground) and now I try to catch the cockroach,  but can't find the cup. Can you give a hint where you found that, please?

Aussiebloke81

Quote from: Tabata on Sun 26/09/2010 11:46:08
Hi Troy,

did you give the tip to the waitress, as Romeo posted? If so, then do a little more pixelhunting near/around the bum and I'm shure, you'll find the office.

I'm not much further - only watched mr. Black and his office but Tom won't talk to him. I also can't get rid of the secretary (Tom won't put the worms from the nest on her or near her at the ground) and now I try to catch the cockroach,  but can't find the cup. Can you give a hint where you found that, please?

Thank you for the tips, will give em a go. To find the cup, check the rubbish bin at the Downtown subway when the two blokes that were sitting on the seats are no longer there.

Tabata

yippie - that's it - thanks a lot  :-* (searched that thing several times, but obviously not the right time :-\~ now I'm on the run again ... love that game

did you find the office now?
Spoiler
The entrance is on the 1st floor, so maybe you have to do the pixelhunting a bit higher.
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Aussiebloke81

I finally found Mr Black's office after giving a tip to the waitress Dorothy at the Music Inn and have been to Mr Black's office after scaring the secretary with the roach. Now after locating Matilda I have to get medicine for her as she's overdosed on cocaine which is where I'm now stuck. Tom refuses to buy the medicine off the drug dealer as he charges $30.

keekee71

Quote from: Aussiebloke81 on Sun 26/09/2010 08:00:13
Oh one thing I forgot to bring up, Mr Black's office. Now I am curious, was I meant to find his office prior to doing the job of getting that $500 check off Mr Jean? Reason I ask is because I wonder if I've missed that part of the game I can still do it later on or am I gonna be forever stuck because I missed it? Also I have absolutely no idea where Mr Black's office is and am wondering what do I do to bring Mr Black's office up on the map? I am currently stuck just after doing the Mr Jean check job in which I have bought the wine from the store and can only go to the inn and have a cold beer in which no matter how many times I drink from it it never runs out and nothing happens. Plus I'm unable to get the pole climbing straps as that bloke with the newspaper is in the way.

Anyways I'll plod along and see what I can figure out.

Cheers
Troy

keekee71

sorry bout that I need help wit old man, medicine, and mr black office how to get rid of him  older post here from me but no help PLEASE HELP

Tabata

Quote from: keekee71 on Mon 27/09/2010 04:33:00
sorry bout that I need help wit old man, medicine, and mr black office how to get rid of him  older post here from me but no help PLEASE HELP

Hi keekee71,

I'm a little irritated because if you already have the need to search for medicine, then you must have talked to Mr. Black in his office earlier!?
About the old man and getting the medicine I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but: I don't know (yet).

Tabata

heureka, i have the medicine in my pocket ;D

Spoiler
Tom can exchange it against matilda's cocaine
[close]

Eli

Quote from: Tabata on Mon 27/09/2010 19:21:19

Spoiler
[close]

Fine! me too. I went to the circus and found Kristy playing her guitar and literately Tom is now stuck on the stage and he can't go out. I don't know if there is a bug or I simply don't find the exit.

Any tip?
Thanks in advance

Eli

Aussiebloke81

I am still stuck in trying to get a hold of the medicine. I have got Tom talking to the drug dealer and he was willing to sell him some for $30 but Tom refuses to pay that amount. And from there I just don't know what to do as I'm unable to find any leads. Only thing I've done since was fill the cup with water from Matilda's sink and boiled it over the fire at where Tom's prostitute friend works (forgotten her name  :-[). Anyways anyone who has the answer to getting the medicine I would so much appreciate you telling me what I have to do.

keekee71

Quote from: Eli on Tue 28/09/2010 20:25:25
Quote from: Tabata on Mon 27/09/2010 19:21:19

Spoiler
[close]

Fine! me too. I went to the circus and found Kristy playing her guitar and literately Tom is now stuck on the stage and he can't go out. I don't know if there is a bug or I simply don't find the exit.

Any tip?
Thanks in advance

Eli

OOOkkkk WHERE DI U FIND THAT?????
Is it in the picture and how do i get it?

Romeo

Eli: That's a bug...sorry. Anyway it's a 'minor bug' since you don't need to play at the theatre at the moment and you can't talk to the performers on the stage.

keekee71 & Aussiebloke81: look carefully at the Matilda's coat in her changing room. Then do what Eli wrote

one more tip about the boiling water: think about what you could do with the steam...

Regards,

Tabata

Hello to all of you,

thank you Romeo for telling about the bug. I was also caught on stage (for several times).

After two successful "sabotages" Jack isn't completly convinced to join Toms band. So currently I'm still working on that.

It's really a tricky game and just great!

Aussiebloke81

Thanks for the hints. I'm now up to trying to convince Jack to join the band, so far I've managed to get the bum up to the hotel n he's sleeping in the lobby n farting his guts out n Jack is irate hahahahahaha!!! :D lol Clues to move the bum, check the couch cushion in the strip bar after giving Matilda the medicine and go from there. Now the next thing I will have to work out is stopping the customers from coming to the hotel which I believe would have a lot to do with somehow switching the light sign from vacancy to no vacancy, how to go about it I am yet to find out, but will plod along till I consider myself totally stuck.

Tabata

I also send the bum to the motel and then I've "refined"
Spoiler
... the food for the guests   :o  
[close]
I had the same idea about the vacancy-sign, but still working on it.

I really enjoy it to wander through town, finding clues and love the attention which have been given to details! Even if I still don't know, where to use the steam (and some other items :-\).

I'm looking forward to the weekend so I can occupy myself a little longer with Tom

bye

Got it! Yeah!
We had the right idea with the motel sign, but it's no electrical problem.
You can also use
Spoiler
the white paint
[close]
to get the wanted effect.
But Tom will only stop his truck at the place
Spoiler
where the paint is left from the street-workers, if he has a handicaped-licence for parking.
[close]
To get something like this: Use the steam (finally) on the
Spoiler
handicaped-sticker.
[close]

I hope, I haven't told to much and that hiding the most serious parts of the hints won't let you read it accidentally.

have fun

keekee71

Now i'm stuck don't know if anyone is where i'm at but i neen some oil for padlock on warehouse, how to get the hardware shop to open so i can get coke cola, and how to get into club also key from sleepin clerk?? anyone can help ty oh ya what is the hotspot 4 in cinema for can't do anything with it
someone that is far in the game or the maker should make a simi walkthrough its a good game but some time really hard

Eli

Please, help me, I can't managed to get the bum up to the hotel, his only sleeping ...and I can´t wake him.
It is necessary to catch the crow? How do you do that?

Thanks you

Tabata

Quote from: Eli on Fri 01/10/2010 17:14:37
Please, help me, I can't managed to get the bum up to the hotel, his only sleeping ...and I can´t wake him.
It is necessary to catch the crow? How do you do that?

Thanks you

Hi Eli,
to wake the bum:
Spoiler
give him a cup of coffee
[close]
... and remind the hint from keekee71 about the cushion.

I didn't need to catch the crow previously.

Eli

Tabata, thanks you very much

Eli

Tabata

Quote from: keekee71 on Fri 01/10/2010 04:37:36
... and how to get into club also key from sleepin clerk?? ...

Hello Keekee71,

do you mean the restaurant at the harbour? If so, you can unlock the door
Spoiler
with the key from the sleeping guy from subway-station
[close]
To get it, just  
Spoiler
grab it
[close]

Otherwise I'm sorry - I'm currently running around in the harbour, Mr. Blacks office and the airport. Perhaps you're a lot further than I.

Even if I don't need the oil right now: I saw a bottle
Spoiler
in Mrs. Irvings shop
[close]

keekee71

Quote from: Tabata on Fri 01/10/2010 22:29:27
Quote from: keekee71 on Fri 01/10/2010 04:37:36
... and how to get into club also key from sleepin clerk?? ...

Hello Keekee71,

do you mean the restaurant at the harbour? If so, you can unlock the door
Spoiler
with the key from the sleeping guy from subway-station
[close]
To get it, just  
Spoiler
grab it
[close]

Otherwise I'm sorry - I'm currently running around in the harbour, Mr. Blacks office and the airport. Perhaps you're a lot further than I.

Even if I don't need the oil right now: I saw a bottle
Spoiler
in Mrs. Irvings shop
[close]

ya i did all that but the oil in the shop is not enough that is wat he says well i guess i will be stuck until u get there LOL LOL

Tabata

I spent hours by trying to distract the security guard from pier oil, but now I run out of ideas, even if I have a lot of (strange) items in inventory with lot's of choices. A little hint avaliable?

Meanwhile I'll do a little more pixel-hunting, maybe I'm lucky by chance  ;)

btw - Since I used the magnifying-glass the first time, the „look at“-icon from the cursor changed into this picture!?
Gameplay still seems to work, but it's a bit confusing, having the picture of this magnifying-glass two times (1. as inventory-item and 2. for the command to look).

Eli

Tabata, Romeo, hi!

When  I used the magnifying-glass the inventory-item disappeared so I used another saved game and never used again that item.

???

Romeo

Hi Eli:

That should be the last bug of the game...at least it's been the last one reported by a "second bug-tester". So, I have to advice you on not using the magnifying glass on objects or hot-spots (although it could decrease your gaming pleasure). Sorry but doing all myself has been really, really hard. In chapter 4 you just have to give the magnifying glass to a person, not using it on something. In chapter 5 you'll have to use it on an inventory item.
Cheers,

P.S.
Did anybody catch the crow? Ajajaj  ;D
Good luck...

Tabata

Hi,

I got:
Spoiler
wallet, guitar, gauzes, scissors, pick lock, subw. ticket, coins, car keys, empty bottle, pole straps, crows nest, members pass, mathildas photo, tin cup/cleaning cloth, remote control/batteries, envelope, cheque, petrol hose, white paint, lobster cage, fish net, key (restaurant), key (petrol oil), magnifying-glass, beam, town map, hand cart
[close]

I have some ideas about
Spoiler
cheque ~ Mr. Irving; petrol hose ~ nozzle; fish net ~ crow; key (petrol oil) ~ padlock
[close]
but no action is possible right now, because I have to do something before this or I'm missing something.
I did a lot of other actions, like to switch on and off the spotlight, but I think that's a red herring (if not only items, but also actions are allowed to be called this).

What's driving me crazy is: I can't get rid of the security-guard and need to know the model of the airplane which I want the
Spoiler
veteran to fly
[close]
„grrrrr“

Romeo:
Your game is awesome.
I can live/play with the two magnifyin-glasses. But maybe we have to talk again later about the point of making a fool of ourself while trying crow catching  ;)

Aussiebloke81

Well I'm stuck once again. Am up to the harbour bit, have no idea how to cross the pond to get the key off the hook near the sleeping booking clerk, don't even have the airport on the map and don't know how to distract that guard. And I don't know how to get the hand cart off that kid outside the shop. Apart from that at the harbour I have talked to the guitarist and the fisherman, have gotten the net and the lobster cage. I wonder is there anything I have to do to that fisherman carrying the heavy load? Anyways any hints would be much appreciated, I may find out for myself what to do but otherwise I await for answers if I am hell bent stuck.

Have to say this is an excellent game, very very challenging!!!

keekee71

Quote from: Romeo on Sat 02/10/2010 17:59:03
Hi Eli:

That should be the last bug of the game...at least it's been the last one reported by a "second bug-tester". So, I have to advice you on not using the magnifying glass on objects or hot-spots (although it could decrease your gaming pleasure). Sorry but doing all myself has been really, really hard. In chapter 4 you just have to give the magnifying glass to a person, not using it on something. In chapter 5 you'll have to use it on an inventory item.
Cheers,

P.S.
Did anybody catch the crow? Ajajaj  ;D
Good luck...

Yes I have. but I'm stuck tring to enter warehouse, gettin clerk to wake up used beam but that didn't work  and gettin rid of sercirty gaurd, gettin the model of plane          what a good game congrads

keekee71

Quote from: Aussiebloke81 on Sun 03/10/2010 00:52:06
Well I'm stuck once again. Am up to the harbour bit, have no idea how to cross the pond to get the key off the hook near the sleeping booking clerk, don't even have the airport on the map and don't know how to distract that guard. And I don't know how to get the hand cart off that kid outside the shop. Apart from that at the harbour I have talked to the guitarist and the fisherman, have gotten the net and the lobster cage. I wonder is there anything I have to do to that fisherman carrying the heavy load? Anyways any hints would be much appreciated, I may find out for myself what to do but otherwise I await for answers if I am hell bent stuck.

Have to say this is an excellent game, very very challenging!!!

go back to the police train station you will see a lady

Aussiebloke81

Quote from: keekee71 on Sun 03/10/2010 06:01:44

go back to the police train station you will see a lady

I did that but there is no lady at the police train station.

So far I have in inventory: wallet, guitar, gauzes, scissors, lock pick, town map, train ticket, truck keys, coins, cheap wine bottle, pole straps, crows nest, members pass, Matilda's photo, beam, remote, envelope, cheque, batteries, paint, petrol hose, tin cup, cloth, lobster cage, magnifying glass, pier oil key and fish net. Am I missing anything?

At the harbour I have talked to the fisherman and to the guitarist and to the guard, I have picked up a lobster cage and a fish net. Back at Mr Black's office I've picked up the pier oil key and the magnifying glass.

Is there anything I haven't done yet for that woman to appear at the police train station?

Cheers
Troy

Tabata

Hello again,

is my english such bad  :'(, or was it a bug in my game, because as I told before: To get the key near the sleeping clerk, I just had to
Spoiler
grab it (If you wake him up, he would notice that, so you better don't  ;) )
[close]

About the airport
Spoiler
Did you notice the advertisment in subway-station about the free flying-lesson?
[close]

I'm not one step further, than before  :'(. I still can't distract the security-guard.

Nobody there to help us all with this guard?

Romeo

Hi everybody and thanks for the compliments about the game,

Tabata:
I still can't understand how you picked up the restaurant key from the lodge!! :o I tested the game 10 times and also all the other players can't pick it up...please tell me, cause it seems to be a bug but a strange one...
About the crow I can help you with a hint: try to think that you can't play the guitar in the street...but some music could help the crow to get closer. The crow can't fly and the fisherman lost a fly fish. Only after entering the warehouse you'll find a way to distract the guard.

Keekee71:
congrats for catching the crow!! That was the hardest puzzle in the whole game. Hint: to enter the warehouse you now need a coke to corrode the old and rusty lock.

Aussiebloke81:
Maybe you didn't go to the airport: the fastest way to reach Blackwell island is a plane. Do you remember the flight school name?

Regards,

Tabata

Quote from: Romeo on Sun 03/10/2010 14:05:07

Tabata:
I still can't understand how you picked up the restaurant key from the lodge!! :o I tested the game 10 times and also all the other players can't pick it up...please tell me, cause it seems to be a bug but a strange one...
About the crow I can help you with a hint: try to think that you can't play the guitar in the street...but some music could help the crow to get closer. The crow can't fly and the fisherman lost a fly fish. Only after entering the warehouse you'll find a way to distract the guard.

Regards,

Uuups ~ so I'll try to explain my "difficoult" way of catching the key: If I remember it right, it was about the second time I came to the pond and did a little pixle-hunting. So I saw the key when Tom stands near the pond. Then I simply used the "hand-Icon" on the key. Tom goes in the direction of subway-station (It looks, like he goes behind the hut of the clerk to steal the key, while standing on the stairs) and the scene changes to subway-station. First I thought, I didn't hit the target and went back. But then I saw, that the key is missing now and - ta,ta,taa: It was in inventory.  
I'm not really sure, but maybe this all happens after my "cursor-changing" fom the "look at"-command (because of the bug with the magnifying-glass I told about). Maybe it's better to start this chapter all over again?

Hopefully it helps you to go on with the research.

Thank you very much for your helping ...
and SORRY to all of the others, I was irritating with my wrong hint. ::)

EDIT:
I just dit it again (hi, hi) + would it help you to get the save-game (immediately before taking the key)?

Aussiebloke81

Tabata:

Keekee71:
congrats for catching the crow!! That was the hardest puzzle in the whole game. Hint: to enter the warehouse you now need a coke to corrode the old and rusty lock.

Aussiebloke81:
Maybe you didn't go to the airport: the fastest way to reach Blackwell island is a plane. Do you remember the flight school name?

Regards,

I am unable to go to the airport because it simply doesn't show up on the train map nor the town map even after looking at the flight school advertisement at the police train station.

I've now just gotten the key from the booking clerk lodge, initially it said I had to get inside the booking clerk lodge but when I moved Tom further to the front left edge of the pond Tom walks down into the subway as mentioned and the key is in possession. Seeing it's a bug I guess getting the key was suppose to be at a later stage in the game???

Tabata

Quote from: Aussiebloke81 on Sun 03/10/2010 17:30:20

Aussiebloke81:

Regards,

I am unable to go to the airport because it simply doesn't show up on the train map nor the town map even after looking at the flight school advertisement at the police train station.

I've now just gotten the key from the booking clerk lodge, initially it said I had to get inside the booking clerk lodge but when I moved Tom further to the front left edge of the pond Tom walks down into the subway as mentioned and the key is in possession. Seeing it's a bug I guess getting the key was suppose to be at a later stage in the game???

airport
Spoiler
Have you called for the free flying-lesson? Otherwise Tom don't know the adress (and it can't show up on the map)
[close]

Eli

you said "to enter the warehouse you now need a coke to corrode the old and rusty lock"

I have been looking for a coke 2 days... where can I find it?

I went to the airport but there is not any way to know the characteristics of the airplane in order to obtain help in the subway... or I didn't see that?

This game is really nice and I´m having a very good time playing it.

Sorry my English but my mother tongue is Spanish... I´m chilean

By and thanks to all you that have helped me!

Aussiebloke81

Thanks for the hint Tabata, I didn't even know you can type names of places to call on the pay phones, thought you could only dial numbers, that's me not reading the instructions given hahahaha.

Anyways I have now been to the airport, am unable to fly the plane due to no fuel, as for that veteran at the Harbor train station requesting the plane's model number, I have been unable to get the number as when i look at the plane Tom says something like he hopes he can fly it properly. I pixel hunted for anything else on the plane but to no avail.

I have also now helped that old lady at the police train station and have gotten a pack of chewy from her, swapped it with the kid for his toy cart.

Backtracking to the sleeping booking clerk at Harbor station entrance, as it seems getting the key straight away from the hook without having to do anything to cross the pond means there's a bug in the game. Does this mean that I'm gonna miss a few vital parts of the game and get forever stuck or does it not matter all and I can just keep going along with the game?

Now I have to somehow get a hold of a screwdriver to get that coke dispenser at the restaurant open, any ideas where to find a screwdriver?

Eli

Aussiebloke 81

Hi, I think the screwdriver is in the storeroom  at the Harbor because of that I need the coke!!!

Thanks you

Tabata

Hi everybody,

I think, we're all stuck at the same point and have to wait for Romeo to tell us if and how to go on.

I also couldn't awaken the clerk  (to get the key „officially“) and don't know, wether we can go on further without doing it the right way.

The only thing I found out during the meantime is how to manipulate the members-card. So I became an official member. But every time I put it back into inventory, it changes to originally. So I couldn't show it to anybody.
???

Romeo

Hi,
Ok...maybe the game is a little tricky..
about the screwdriver: you need it to open the coke's dispenser at the harbour. You could find it in the hardware store but it's closed. They work for emergency repairs and elevators maintenance only (as written in the note). So you have to damage the elevator electrical system at the st. John hospital station (use picklock on elevator button to make a short circuit) and wait for the workers to go to repair it. Then interact with the worker by the toolbox (but only when the train is coming (otherwise the workers will hear your steps) to steal the screwdriver. Go to the harbour and use the screwdriver on the dispenser to unlock it. Then interact the dispenser to pick up a coke. With the coke you'll be able to corrode the warehouse's lock and if you caught the crow and you have the key you'll finally be able to enter the warehouse...
Tabata: if I'll make a new game I'll ask you to be my bugs tester...you have a special ability in finding bugs... ;D . Anyway it's not the right moment to manipulate the fishermen's card...

Eli

Si abbastanza difficile direi io ma mi piace molto, é divertente et anche fatto bene. Ti ringrazio e felicitazione! Per favore fa un altro!

Tabata

Hello Romeo,
thank's for the flowers ;D, but I'm shure, it's impossible to guess every possible try, that an desperate gamer will do. You made a large game with a lot of detailed puzzles and we are having a lot of fun playing it! So  you did a very good job!

Now I will test your hint - thanks a lot for helping.

sthomannch

I started this game and I'm already stuck at the beginning
Spoiler

I can enter the subway and travel one station. Nothing to do there, so I suspect I'm too early here. Cannot get the branch and cannot catch the crow. I also cannot climb the pole in front of the house.
[close]

Tabata

Hello sthomannch,

in this game you have to look very thoroughly everywhere in every scene. It's very tricky sometimes (at least for me). For starting I would recommend you to discover all the accessible parts to get a clue, what to do next. Maybe you should try to find
Spoiler
the alley between hospital and music inn
[close]
and don't bother about the crow and the pole (not yet, but later). The branch is already in possible reach. You have to do a little pixel-hunting:
Spoiler
It's still at the tree
[close]

Have fun!

Eli

HELLO

Please, did somebody find the manual to the aeroplane, in order to lear how to fly?

Thanks a lot in advance

by

keekee71

ok maybe someone can help me...... I'm stuck at the thetre and can't get to the stage cause i don't have back stage pass.... called mr black and good times he not there .............went to music store and brought tuba flute......... put it on alarm ..and now i can't do anything with it............ i can't go anywhere but if i use the keys on the car i can go places  BUT THAT IS A BUG!!!!!! cause it shows me my house is repaired but anyway i don't know what to do........ HELP PLEASE!

Aussiebloke81

Man this game sure is a challenge, I am stuck once again.

I have finally gotten the screwdriver and gotten the coke and corroded the lock but can't get in and backtracking to a post, you have to have caught the crow to get into that warehouse. I need to know how to catch the crow as I have absolutely no idea whatsoever???

I have finally gotten the toy cart off the kid, I have finally gotten to the airport to fly after calling them though the plane has no fuel, I am unable to find the model number of the plane to tell the veteran, and I can't get rid of that security guard at the docks. I have also tried to get Mrs Irving to cash the cheque but she doesn't have the money.

Also that fisherman walking with the heavy load of fish at the docks, do I need to do anything with him before he disappears to the left???

Anyways I look forward to some hints. Hopefully I might find out for myself beforehand what to do.

Tabata

Eli:                  Sorry, but I couldn't find the manual till now, too  ???

Keekee:          Sorry, but I'm not that far  ::)

Aussiebloke:   Yes, now is the time to catch that crow!  Romeo gave a hint to me on 03. Oct. 15:15 about that, you recognised it?  ;)

Aussiebloke81

Thanks Tabata, when I went over Romeo's hint it finally clicked what to do to catch the crow. So now I am up to trying to find the aircraft manual wherever that may be.

Tabata

Quote from: Aussiebloke81 on Sat 09/10/2010 11:37:26
Thanks Tabata, when I went over Romeo's hint it finally clicked what to do to catch the crow. So now I am up to trying to find the aircraft manual wherever that may be.

I knew you are clever and will do with that. So now it's your turn  ;)

I give up, finding the manual.
In my desperation I even search through the game folder about it   ::)

keekee71

ok guess i have to wait til someone can help me!!

anyway to get the coke you have to do something to the elervator,
and to know wat kind of plane it is just go back to airport
it is a bit of a pixel hunt but look at the sign and just keep movin around it then you will see it say plane model there u have it ok............. good luck to alll............... and please hurry and get where i'm at!!!       been stuck for days now in same thing LOOK AT EARILER POST PLEASE anyone that can help Thanks

Tabata

Quote from: keekee71 on Sun 10/10/2010 02:11:13
ok guess i have to wait til someone can help me!!

anyway to get the coke you have to do something to the elervator,
and to know wat kind of plane it is just go back to airport
it is a bit of a pixel hunt but look at the sign and just keep movin around it then you will see it say plane model thereyou have it ok............. good luck to alll............... and please hurry and get where i'm at!!!       been stuck for days now in same thing LOOK AT EARILER POST PLEASE anyone that can help Thanks

puuuh,

that was hidden very well - I wouldn't have found it for years!  

Thanks a very, very, very lot keekee!

Now I'll go on my flight!  

Attention - I'm coming (hopefully)   ;)

EDIT:

AAAH,
now I know, what you mean - I saw the new house of Tom, you talked about, but only, because romeo forgot to remove the key of the truck from the inventory  ;) (you used it on the picture of kristy's car, right?) Tom surely gave it back to the owner, as he was told, during the chapter (and time) was changing  

The mute is
Spoiler
to use it (together with the horn) on the sleeping clerk. He will leave then and you can get the key for the restaurant (but we simply grabbed it to let despair romeo)  ;D
[close]

Now I'l try to get the guitar and the pass ...  

Tabata

Hi Keekee,

here we go (I can't believe it by my own)!   :D

You can (and must) call mr. black
first
Spoiler
try to find out, where he is in the moment
[close]
did you
Spoiler
take a closer look on the envelope (magnifiyng glass)?
[close]
after that you can ask someone else
Spoiler
at the good times they know him very well
[close]

@Romeo: I LOVE HAPPY ENDINGS!

Wow - that was a hard, but realy a great trip!

Congratiolations for this very fine and interesting game!

I'll keep my fingers crossed, that you will handle those little problems, which every new game comes along with. It will become a "must-have"!   8)

Romeo

Thanks Tabata for the bugs report and for the compliments... and thanks everybody for playing the game.
I was just waiting for you to complete the game before fixing all the 7 minor bugs. Then I'll upload it again.
Eli: espero que vos también hayas terminado el juego y que te haya gustado.

Regards,

Eli

Romeo, I like very much the game, but I´m stuck. I went to the faro with the airplane, I came back to the harbor with the boat and I didn´t find the guitarrista . Yet the clerk in the entrance of the subway is sleeping... maybe he is Bob????

I'm going to read again all the hints... aunque me confundo bastante ... dicen que se arregló la casa? cómo?

Ayyy aiuto per favore!

Tabata

Hi Eli,

you have to buy
Spoiler
a mute at music store and put it on the horn to wake up the clerk
[close]

then get the
Spoiler
key officiálly  ::)  - if you already grabbed the key "illegal"  ;D you don't have to (because it's not Bob) but you can, if you wish to  -  and go to restaurant
[close]

but maybe I didn't understand your post the right way, because if you already have been to the island you only have to go
Spoiler
in the restaurant again to find Bob
[close]

Eli

I finished the game, thanks for all the help you gave me and thanks Romeo for so nice adventure. I had a very good time playing it.
It was very fun when I was driving the truck inside the subway or inside the theatre
Maybe you will make another one??

I hope so!

Chao y felicitaciones

keekee71

I want to say i finshed the game it was awsome gooooood game when will u be makin another one just as long and hard LOVE IT!!!!!!! I love games that is long and hard give you something to keep comin back to congdrads!!!!!

Aussiebloke81

I've finished the game a couple of days ago and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it :) well done Romeo!!! ;D

I am wondering however, was there meant to be an ending sequence in which Tom's house gets renovated and Tom celebrates in some way? I notice that when going back to his house from the last part of the game his house is renovated looking nice and new, yet the game ends at the theater with the credits and then exits, it has got me puzzled there.

Anyways it was an awesome game!!!!! ;D

keekee71

Quote from: Aussiebloke81 on Tue 12/10/2010 08:47:38
I've finished the game a couple of days ago and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it :) well done Romeo!!! ;D

I am wondering however, was there meant to be an ending sequence in which Tom's house gets renovated and Tom celebrates in some way? I notice that when going back to his house from the last part of the game his house is renovated looking nice and new, yet the game ends at the theater with the credits and then exits, it has got me puzzled there.

Anyways it was an awesome game!!!!! ;D

Ya i notice that too soooo is there a part 2 or something or was that a bug????

Romeo

Hi Aussiebloke81 and Keekee71,

yes. It was one of the 7 bugs that you reported (thanks...). In the original "script" chapter 5 was longer and included a part by night at the harbour and the house repairing. Then unfortunately I didn't have the time to complete the game as I liked. That's why the house is repaired in chapter five.

Anyway, I fixed all the bugs and uploaded the game again. So, if somebody didn't play it yet I recommend to download the fixed bugs version. Here's the new link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?a293cgjrdr3t7hr

Cheers

keekee71

Quote from: Romeo on Wed 13/10/2010 12:41:38

Hi Aussiebloke81 and Keekee71,

yes. It was one of the 7 bugs that you reported (thanks...). In the original "script" chapter 5 was longer and included a part by night at the harbour and the house repairing. Then unfortunately I didn't have the time to complete the game as I liked. That's why the house is repaired in chapter five.

Anyway, I fixed all the bugs and uploaded the game again. So, if somebody didn't play it yet I recommend to download the fixed bugs version. Here's the new link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?a293cgjrdr3t7hr

Cheers

well since there is no new games i like I'm playin it again THANKS and again GOod game MORE PLEASE

Thesaya

Quote from: Tabata on Wed 06/10/2010 17:44:23
Hello sthomannch,

in this game you have to look very thoroughly everywhere in every scene. It's very tricky sometimes (at least for me). For starting I would recommend you to discover all the accessible parts to get a clue, what to do next. Maybe you should try to find
Spoiler
[close]
and don't bother about the crow and the pole (not yet, but later). The branch is already in possible reach. You have to do a little pixel-hunting:
Spoiler
It's still at the tree
[close]

Have fun!

I am stuck with the branch too. I have no idea how to get it, having tried all ways I could possibly think of. Could I please get a description exactly how to get it so I can get on with the game? Thanks.

Tabata

Hello Thesaya,

welcome to RainDog Story.
At the beginning there are not so much scenes to look for a tree, but if you still don't find it:
Spoiler
walk to the left as far as you can get and search this tree thoroughly for the branch
[close]

I had the same problem ;)

have fun

Thesaya

Quote from: Tabata on Sun 07/11/2010 15:01:40
Hello Thesaya,

welcome to RainDog Story.
At the beginning there are not so much scenes to look for a tree, but if you still don't find it:
Spoiler
walk to the left as far as you can get and search this tree thoroughly for the branch
[close]

I had the same problem ;)

No, I've found the tree, my problem is that he keeps claiming the branch is too high up to reach.

Tabata

Sorry, for let you waiting, but I had to download the new version first and play again to be shure, of what I'm telling you:
Spoiler
Before you can get the branch, you have to get your job from Mrs. Irving (You still don't have it, right?).
After that, reaching the branch is no problem any longer.
[close]
So your first goal ist to earn money
Spoiler
so you need to find and read the note from Mrs. Irving, that she's needing help, then call for the job
[close]
and afterwarts you can go on ...

Thesaya

deleted

Thesaya

deleted

Thesaya

Thanks Tabatha!

Now:

How do I find the fisherman again? I saw him once, got the comment that I "Didn't need any fish right now" and then never saw him again. From what I can see of other hints, he is quite vital to getting the crow right? Or do I just fail in figuring that one out?

Also, I couldn't remove my last two messages so I just moved the content from them to this post. Sorry about the doubleposting, but I could find no other way to mark that there were new questions here since editing doesn't show up as new content in the topic list.

Tabata

Hello Thesaya,

you don't need to delete your older postings.
Just modify it with a little edit, that you meanwile solved the problem by your own.

One of the most difficult puzzles in this game is catching the crow:
Spoiler
Think about something to do, that the crow would get more trusting you (coming nearer and nearer and ... then you are able to catch it - but you need an item for that, too)
[close]

Searching the fisherman
Spoiler
simply forget about him   ;)
[close]

But there are still a lot of other things to do for you, believe me  ;D

Thesaya

I don't think I have any such thing...

Tabata

Quote from: Thesaya on Mon 08/11/2010 17:58:56
I don't think I have any such thing...

Ã,,hm - I don't know, if you have it, or not - because I can't watch your inventory  ;)

Thesaya

Ehr yes. Could you tell me how to do the spoiler code? I am trying not to spoil, but being too careful instead it seems... I have nothing edible, and the pennies he won't use. I think at least.

Tabata

Quote from: Thesaya on Mon 08/11/2010 18:09:29
Ehr yes. Could you tell me how to do the spoiler code? ...

That's a question for me to answer  ;)
To build spoilers: use [hide*] your spoiling-text here [/hide*]      (- but without the *!).
You can also do a ââ,¬Å¾reply with quoteââ,¬Å" to a post wich has spoilers - there you can see in the quote, how it's done. After you saw, what you wanted to see, just cut the comlete quote out, if not needed in your post.

Thesaya

Thank you! Well, reforming my earlier question:
can I have another hint?

Tabata

That's hard stuff, because there's such a lot to do and I don't know, what you already have done and what you are carrying ...

Did you take everything wich is possible to take (in the harbour)?
If so, then you should have all the things, you need to catch the crow.

Have you been in the restaurant already?

Have you talked to the fishing boy at the pier?

What is your goal just now?

Thesaya

Fishing boy? I haven't seen anyone like that. I have
Spoiler
money, guitar, gauzes, scissors, lockpick, map, coins, carkeys, member's pass, empty wine bottle,  remote control, climbing stuff, nest, envelope, cheque, tin cup, paint, lobster tin, magnifying glass, key from mr. Blacks office, beam, fishnet, screwdriver, coke bottle, batteries and cart.
[close]
(phew)
My big objective is to get to the island, but I have a feeling I need the crow somehow first.

Tabata

Aah, now I see, you already have, what you need to catch it.

Let's try another little hint
Spoiler
For catching a butterfly you need a ? The crow is much bigger, than a butterfly. Have you something like that? Yes, you have!
[close]

So have a good hunting  :)

edit: (sorry, I forgot this point):

To find the fishing boy
Spoiler
you need to go to the sequence, where the ship is on the left side. There ist the path nearly in the middle of the screen. You also can klick the pier direktly from the big view before (seen left of the ship then)
[close]

Thesaya

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! THERE it is! Now I might be getting somewhere!

Also I feel stupid. I still can't figure out how to catch the crow.
[hint]I have banged the house to scare the crow, climbed the pole and tried to catch it from there and it didn't work. I have tried giving it pennies, tried hanging the net from various places, I have pretty much tried everything on everything in the scene with the house, even trying to hang the net from the window next door. [/hint]
I STILL don't get it.   :-[

Tabata

its hide, not hint  ;)

That dosen't sound, like i told you
Spoiler
to do something let the crow trust you more to come nearer?
[close]

more clearly
Spoiler
you heard about the power of musik?
[close]

But to be honest: We all did those things to the poor crow  :o

Thesaya

That was just too easy... I read the hints about
Spoiler
music
[close]
over and over, and never got it... *feels super stupid* :P

Tabata

I warned you, that it's hard to do! But don't worry, I'd like to say that so far nearly no one could catch the crow without any cheating. ::)

Thesaya

That you did. Warn me that is.

Well, I am stuck again. I have
Spoiler
been to the island, found out I was tricked and went back to the harbour. I have been in the restaurant and talked to the bartender and the violin player.
[close]
What am I supposed to do now? I have no idea how to
Spoiler
find Bob
[close]

Tabata

Hi Thesaya,

when you came back from the island you
Spoiler
„lost“ your Cash, so it would be usefull to refill your wallet first.
[close]

Still no idea, what you could do? So what about to
Spoiler
redeem the Check?
Maybe you tried that earlier (but failed), so now is the right time to try it again at this place.
[close]

After this, you should find Ben easily.
Spoiler
Hey, no cheating before you tried it!  ;)
[close]

Still no luck?
Spoiler
Simply go back to restaurant, as they told you.
[close]

FinnFan

Great game.. but hard, so I'm stuck.

I just have "moved" the bum to the motel and I reckon that I should get the climbing straps to advance, but I can't. The man won't leave. What to do?

Also how to boil the water in the tin cup? ("handle would be too hot", when trying to do it)

I've already spent too much time trying everything (yeah, well maybe not everything because I'm stuck :)), help needed. Thanks!

Tabata

Wellcome FinnFan,

what do you normally do, not to burn your fingers on something which is getting hot? It's the same way here.

In the hotel there is needed more, than bringing the bum there.

You are right about the sign with the white letters. But you need more, than climbing up to fullfill this part of your job.

You also have to spoil the appetite of the guests (Did you see, what is served in the dining room?).

FinnFan

Hi Tabata, thanks for taking the time to answer.

In real world I would use almost any of the items I'm carrying in the game to boil the water without getting my fingers burnt.. but this is game world, I've tried, believe me. Please don't answer in riddles, thanks.

I believe that I know what to do after I get the straps and boil the water. How do I do those? Please, no riddles, like I said, I've used tons of hours already and if I'm not going to advance in the game, I must leave it, I don't have time to mess around with it forever (which is beginning to get irritating, while games should be enjoyed).. when I was a young kid, I had time (sometimes many months) to play Police Quest 1 and such games, but not anymore.

mahli

I'm stuck with Matilda in Mr. Blacks office.

So far I've got the following items:
wallet, guitar, gauzes, scissors, pick lock, subw. ticket, coins, car keys, empty bottle, pole straps, crows nest, members pass, mathildas photo, tin cup/cleaning cloth, remote control (but no batteries), envelope, cheque, petrol hose, white paint, beam, town map, token

I know how to peek in the office.
Painted the vacancy sign white.

a little help is appreciated

Tabata

Okay FinnFan,
let's do it the way, you want it:

Quote from: FinnFan on Mon 22/11/2010 17:58:47
Also how to boil the water in the tin cup? ("handle would be too hot", when trying to do it)
Spoiler
put the cleaning cltoh at the cup in inventory
[close]

Quote from: FinnFan on Mon 22/11/2010 17:58:47
I just have "moved" the bum to the motel and I reckon that I should get the climbing straps to advance, but I can't. The man won't leave. What to do?
Spoiler
Yes, you have to use the straps (on pole) to climb up to the sign
[close]

I'm not sure, that you can do better with this - but everyone, as he likes.

Hello mahli,

it's very helpfull to note, what you have in your inventory, so I will be able to reload a save-game and search the point, where you are.

I'll come back later for (hopefully) giving you a hint in the right direction.

Tabata

Hello mahli,

if you still have the token, then it seems to me, that you are still trying to solve the „motel-riddle“?

There are three things to do/manipulate over there to convince the owner for joining your band.

- what you did already 
Spoiler
is to manipulate the sign
[close]
- but have you 
Spoiler
send the bum to the motel? You need the token for this.
[close]
- what I'm not really sure about is 
Spoiler
did you manipulate the guest's dinner?
[close]

If I'm at the wrong part, please tell me a bit more about what you did at least and I'll try again.

FinnFan

Quote from: Tabata on Tue 23/11/2010 16:21:32
Spoiler
put the cleaning cltoh at the cup in inventory
[close]
I suspected this, this is the reason I asked no riddles. I've to ask: what
Spoiler
cleaning cloth
[close]
??? Where do I get that?

This game is very hard because of the pixel hunting needed. Also that "screen/location exits" are not "hotspotted" (It took me a visit here to know that I can go behind the bar and after then found the barber, etc... I was stuck for a long time because of that).. I hope the author sees these problems if he's going to make a new game (YES PLEASE!)

Quote from: Tabata on Tue 23/11/2010 16:21:32
Spoiler
Yes, you have to use the straps (on pole) to climb up to the sign
[close]
It seems that there is a misunderstanding here. I don't have them yet. I asked how to get them. I can't currently because there's a man reading a newspaper. How do I get them from the telephone pole? Distract the man somehow? How?

Thanks!

Tabata

You'll find the cleaning cloth
Spoiler
in the very first scene (in front of Toms house) - I recommend you to start searching for the the sign at the house on the left side and then go to the right with the cursor carefully.
[close]

The pole straps will be „avaliable“ after you did other things
Spoiler
Did you get your second job from Mrs. Irving and fullfill it? (getting the check from Mr. Jean)
[close]

Helping you would be much easier, if you tell a bit more, which chapter you are and what's in your inventory, because it's not only a tricky game including pixel-hunting - it's also a long one.  

I know very well, how frustrating it can be, not finding an item or to have overseen a sideway, but where would be the chalenge, if every game would be so easy? There is a way and even if there are things, that (in your oppinion) should have been done in an other way please don't forget, that this is the very first game from Romeo and all done by himself.

But, what ever you think about it, I think Romeo is interested in getting feedback about his game and I hope, he'll do another one (or more).

FinnFan

Ok, cloth found, it was really nicely blended into the background and easily missed. Thanks.

Check gotten and given to Irving some time ago. I don't actually remember which chapter I'm in.. third? (getting the drummer?)

The guy is standing next to the phone pole where the straps are. What do I have to do to that guy for him to leave and be able to pick up the straps? It's probably something easy but I'm just not getting it right.

I've not listed the inventory before this because it takes a while.. this would be much easier, or rather we wouldn't talk about it, if somebody would write a walkthrough. ;)

inventory: wallet, guitar, gauzes, map, scissors, lock pick, ticket, keys, coins, wine, pass, photo, remote control, batteries, hose, beam, cup w/ cloth, paint.

Thanks again!

Tabata

If I remember correctly, you should either have been arrested or have disconnected the telephone-line, when you have "convinced" Mr. Jean to issue the check.
Thereafter, the straps are supposed to be at the pole. The man was already gone with me when I went back there. But I don't remember, what I did in the meantime, sorry.

I must point out again and look for new play. Unfortunately, that has to wait until tomorrow, because here it is an hour later already and I have to go to work in a few hours. ::)

But I promise you, that I care about tomorrow and will then re-sign me.

Tabata

Hello FinnFan,

I just came home and beginn re-playing the third chapter now.

When I thought about this prob at work, I remembered, that it might be a still missing action, which is possible to do very much earlier. If so, I can't find it without re-playing the whole game, so I'd like to know, if you saw the post-it behind Mrs. Irwing.

It shows a possibility for Tom, to earn a little more money and might be „the key“ for getting this newspaper-reading man away, because you also need those straps to solve that task.
Spoiler
It's about to find the lost ring of your neighbor and getting a reward.
[close]

EDIT:

Yes, that should to the trick!

I had to go to chapter two until I found the man standing at the pole.
After reading
Spoiler
the post-it (and talking about it to Mrs. Irving) I went back to the pole
[close]
and the man was gone ...  :D

So you should be able to go on with the game, after doing this.

Good luck and have fun

Tabata

FinnFan

THAT'S IT!! What can I say? Thanks a million billion trillion GAZILLION for the help!! You're a really really special kind of human being for taking the time to re-play and help me, and others.

P.S. I have to say this (maybe the author reads this board), the music in the music shop is mesmerizing. Many times when I've traveled past it, I've popped in to the shop just for listening the tune for a while. :D

FinnFan

Aaaand finished. Nice game, good mood, story, characters, visually, but too many pixel hunts (the plane model is insanely hard to catch, even when knowing what to look, it's still hard to catch it!), and few location finding problems (no "hotspots" for screen exits). We want more! (without pixel hunts ;))

And at least one bug: in the beginning, if you use the branch in the fan, wait for the barber to open the window and then exit the scene and come back, the window is closed. It's a dead end. No new branch.

mahli

Thanks Tabata for your reply

Help!

I'm in the third part finding the guitar player.

I've:
Got the plane model and talked to the veteran
Talked with the guitar player by the restaurant and the fisherman.

Can't get the key from the harbour Subway clerk
Get gasoline for the plane
Get rid of the Pier oil inc. guard
Catch the crow (I dont see why I must)

Help appreciated

So far I've got the following items:
wallet, guitar, gauzes, scissors, pick lock, subw. ticket, coins, car keys, empty bottle, pole straps, crows nest, members pass, mathildas photo, tin cup/cleaning cloth, remote control , batteries, envelope, cheque, petrol hose, white paint, beam, town map, cart, coke bottle.

Tabata

@FinnFan:   
Congratulations! Maybe you want to vote that game or leave a comment for the users.
You can do it here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1350

There have been more, than 630 downloads, but no comments and not enough votes yet, to rate it. Since you are a member of the forum, you are allowed to do so.

@mahli:
I recommend you, first to look around in all of the harbour-scenes again much more carefully, because there are two items missing in your inventory, which you are already able, to pick up (for other/more items, you first need to go to other locations and/or act).

It seems to me, that you didn't talk to the fishing-boy on the pier already?

I'm a little irritated about the cart in your inventory, because if you got that, you should have some other items, too, but they are not listed.
I don't want to send you in the wrong direction, so: How did you get that cart (or did you simply forget to list some of your inventory-items?)

mahli

@Tabata:
Yes I did talk to the fishing boy (I meant him, not the fisherman hauling the enormous catch) on the pier. He had lost his fly or something.

I got the cart when I helped a old lady at the police station subway station. She gave
juicy-fruits, which I gave to a boy playing in front of Mrs. Irwings shop in  exchange for the cart.

My items:
wallet, guitar, gauzes, scissors, pick lock, subw. ticket, coins, car keys, empty bottle, pole straps, crows nest, members pass, mathildas photo, tin cup/cleaning cloth, remote control , batteries, envelope, cheque, petrol hose, white paint, beam, town map, cart, coke bottle.

Oh yes I forgot:
screwdriver, Pier Oil key, fishing net, lobster cage.

I've tried to catch the crow by throwing the net at it. Scared it off Tom's burnt house by whacking the house with the beam.

Tabata

@mahli:
You also should have a magnifying glass.  ??? You found that in
Spoiler
Mr. Black's office and got it back from the old lady (she can't read the map, you gave her without it).
[close]
It's not necessary for crow-catching, but you need it for taking a look at some items.

Okay, then let's catch the crow now.
Did you already read the hints about it in this thread?

You couldn't get it after scaring, so you may think about the opposite way...
â€" how to make it trust you?

Let's do it in little steps (maybe, you don't need all of them):
hint
Spoiler
the power of music
[close]

next hint
Spoiler
remember special abilitys of tom
[close]

next hint
Spoiler
you need using guitar and fishing net and â€" the most tricky of all: a place near the crow to play
[close]

last hint
Spoiler
if you are standing „in the house“ (right side of the sign you can do one step „inside“), Tom isn't on the street anymore
[close]
You will know, why catching this little (poor) thing is nessecary for you, after you did (and don't forget to look at it) ;)

another task:
Did you talk to the guard and have you been in the storage-sheet (near the sleeping clerk) after that talk? There you will get an item to help you make him move away.

another task:
You have to wake up the sleeping clerk  (but there are still some more items missing in your inventory for that, so I'll recommend you to start with the missing item (my first sentence) , after that catch the crow and go on with the guard and the clerk).

puh ~ done

mahli

Thank you Tabata!

Spoiler

I would have never found that crevis in front by Tom's house
[close]

Now I managed to finish the game.

Romeo:
Here are some comments on the game

Spoiler

Seem's there's a bug in the flight sequence. Sometimes the plane gets stuck in the storm clouds, in particular the one on the top in the lower left screen (where the island is). You cant see the plane after that and the text "I can't fly there, not enough gasoline (funny, I filled it with oil)" keeps coming up.

Wasn't the wallet empty after paying the lighthouse keeper. Cashing the check gave fifty. After buying the mute there's 40 $ in the wallet. Matilda gave just a hundred dollars and I  still managed to buy the guitar?

What about the tune at the 'Good times' pub. I thought it sounded classical?

When on top of mr Blacks offices roofing by the window using (hand pointer) the truck leads the screen rolling slowly to the left and then to the normal truck driving routine.
Shouldn't Tom first climb down and then he can take truck?

The end is rather arrupt.
[close]

Romeo

Thanks everybody for playing the game

Thank you Mahli for your comments and bugs report, although I'd have liked to read a better "feedback" (I mean positive comments too...) :(

Tabata: A thousand thanks for voting the game, for helping the players and for trying to convince them to vote...
If I'll make a new game you'll be the first one to know it

Cheers

Tabata

Quote from: Romeo on Tue 30/11/2010 11:58:15
Tabata: A thousand thanks for voting the game, for helping the players and for trying to convince them to vote...

It was a pleasure.
It's not so easy for everyone to find the „newly added games“-site, because it isn't mentioned in the menue.
So I thought of giving a hint to this also  ;D

Quote from: Romeo on Tue 30/11/2010 11:58:15
If I'll make a new game you'll be the first one to know it

I'll take you up on that - when does it start?   ;)

9cupsoftea

Gorgeous game, I love the aesthetic (I'm a big hopper fan!) and references. I'm finding the pixel-hunt nature of the puzzles is a bit irritating though.

Ok having read the thread I think I can't progress any further. I've brought the bum to the motel, and I know I'm now looking to either ruin the chicken or paint the sign. I can't get the pole straps because the man hasn't left, and it seems like that should have happened way earlier in the game (Previously the man was only half-size! so I think this is a bug.)

Please please make a walkthrough for the game though!

Tabata

... have you also read this (and done it)?

Quote from: Tabata on Tue 23/11/2010 22:39:31
The pole straps will be „avaliable“ after you did other things
Spoiler
Did you get your second job from Mrs. Irving and fullfill it? (getting the check from Mr. Jean)
[close]

EDIT: Sorry, forgot this one:
Quote from: Tabata on Wed 24/11/2010 18:08:41
When I thought about this prob at work, I remembered, that it might be a still missing action, which is possible to do very much earlier. If so, I can't find it without re-playing the whole game, so I'd like to know, if you saw the post-it behind Mrs. Irwing.

It shows a possibility for Tom, to earn a little more money and might be „the key“ for getting this newspaper-reading man away, because you also need those straps to solve that task.
Spoiler
It's about to find the lost ring of your neighbor and getting a reward.
[close]

EDIT:

Yes, that should to the trick!

I had to go to chapter two until I found the man standing at the pole.
After reading
Spoiler
the post-it (and talking about it to Mrs. Irving) I went back to the pole
[close]
and the man was gone ...  :D

So you should be able to go on with the game, after doing this.

9cupsoftea

Yes, I completed the second job, I'm on the third chapter, in which I need to persuade the other two musicians to join my band. I've done all the stuff with mathilda and unless I can 'ruin' the chicken without getting the pole straps I don't see how I can progress.

Tabata

... and also read the post-it?

9cupsoftea

Yeah, I read the post-it to discover the first job. I read it again after seeing someone else with a similar problem and it says something like 'the text has been cleared'. Do you think this is a bug?

Edit: O also, to the person who liked the music in the music shop. I think it's from the 'Elevator to the Gallows' soundtrack by Miles Davis. I might be mistaken though.

Tabata

... so you didn't read the post-it
Spoiler
behind Mrs. Irving.
[close]
- You should do ;)

If you are still stuck after that - it whould be a job for Romeo, but first try this.

9cupsoftea

A-ha! Thanks a ton! That did the trick. I hadn't noticed that post-it before, and I guess I confused it in previous messages with the post it from the booth.

So glad that I can carry on, cheers!

Edit: Christ this game is hard. I'm now stuck trying to get rid of the security guard.

Spoiler
I've got the key to the restaurant, got the handcart from the kid, got the model number of the plane, and modified the member's pass.
[close]

Any hints?

AndyfromVA

I started the game an hour ago and I'm stuck.  I have the wine bottle, score, guitar, wallet, beam, cleaning cloth, nails, town map, gauze.  I got the town map in the subway station but the policeman keeps kicking me out.  What do I do now?

Tabata

Welcome AndyfromVA,

I recommend you first to read this thread, because about most of the problems you can already find hints.

This way you won't have to wait (getting crazy) until someone is online for answering.  ;D

...in this game you have to look very thoroughly everywhere in every scene. It's very tricky sometimes (at least for me). For starting I would recommend you to discover all the accessible parts to get a clue, what to do next. Maybe you should try to find
Spoiler
[close]
Have fun!

But to get you more on the road, you should try finding a job/money. So don't forget to search/ask everywhere for this possibilities also
Spoiler
Sometimes you find very interesting posts in phone booths   ;)
[close]

AndyfromVA

Quote from: Tabata on Fri 03/12/2010 19:23:23
Welcome AndyfromVA,

I recommend you first to read this thread, because about most of the problems you can already find hints.

This way you won't have to wait (getting crazy) until someone is online for answering.  ;D

...in this game you have to look very thoroughly everywhere in every scene. It's very tricky sometimes (at least for me). For starting I would recommend you to discover all the accessible parts to get a clue, what to do next. Maybe you should try to find
Spoiler
[close]
Have fun!

But to get you more on the road, you should try finding a job/money. So don't forget to search/ask everywhere for this possibilities also
Spoiler
Sometimes you find very interesting posts in phone booths   ;)
[close]

Thanks, I read the thread and it didn't help me.  I recall that hint about the alley but I searched for it but couldn't find it.  Oh well, time to look again.

Tabata

If you are standing near the entrance of the musicians of the music in
Spoiler
a little left of the door you can go to the right behind the house in the alley
[close]

AndyfromVA

Quote from: Tabata on Fri 03/12/2010 20:04:29
If you are standing near the entrance of the musicians of the music in
Spoiler
a little left of the door you can go to the right behind the house in the alley
[close]

Thanks.  I'm at the point now where I've shaved, but I can't wash my clothes because I have no change.  I'm stuck.

Tabata

Did you get a job, like I told about?

If you earn some money, you can for example
Spoiler
buy a ticket, repair your guitar ....
[close]
but first there have to be solved some other probs during your job ;D

AndyfromVA

Quote from: Tabata on Fri 03/12/2010 21:13:55
Did you get a job, like I told about?

If you earn some money, you can for example
Spoiler
buy a ticket, repair your guitar ....
[close]
but first there have to be solved some other probs during your job ;D

Okay, I bought the ticket, repaired the guitar, washed my clothes.  The store owner won't talk to me about a new job.  I can't do anything in Music Inn except sit at the table and drink water.

I'm stuck again - what do I do?

Tabata

Well, she will give you a second job, but not now - call back later there.

I don't know, what you have in your inventory and I can guess only, that you are still in chapter one (would be helpfull, not to send you in the wrong direction), but let's try something else:

It seems, that you didn't talk
Spoiler
(again) to the waitress for to get informations (they have a stage and Tom can play guitar â€" job?).
[close]

And there should be another possibility to get some money (but maybe you did this already?).
Spoiler
Did you see (and read) the post it behind Mrs. Irving? Talk about it to her and and try to solve this.
[close]

Hope one of this hints will help a bit.

AndyfromVA

Quote from: Tabata on Sat 04/12/2010 18:05:48
Well, she will give you a second job, but not now - call back later there.

I don't know, what you have in your inventory and I can guess only, that you are still in chapter one (would be helpfull, not to send you in the wrong direction), but let's try something else:

It seems, that you didn't talk
Spoiler
(again) to the waitress for to get informations (they have a stage and Tom can play guitar â€" job?).
[close]

And there should be another possibility to get some money (but maybe you did this already?).
Spoiler
Did you see (and read) the post it behind Mrs. Irving? Talk about it to her and and try to solve this.
[close]

Hope one of this hints will help a bit.

Sorry, neither hint helps me.
Spoiler
The waitress tells me she can't give me permission to play
[close]
And also
Spoiler
I didn't see any post it behind Mrs. Irving.  There's nothing behind her and she's not talking to me any more.
[close]
Maybe I did something earlier that screwed up the game?

Tabata

As I told you before:
I don't know, what you have in your inventory and I can guess only, where you are now if you don't tell a bit more.

But for now stay with the waitress and ask her more.
If she is „shy“, think about what they often do in films to get more informations from staff.
Spoiler
How about a little tip for her to remember ?
[close]

The other hint was too early for you now, so next time do not only tell about your prob. Please also list your inventory-items, or you (and me) will only become more confused.  ::)

Good luck for now.

no roads

Quote from: keekee71 on Wed 22/09/2010 03:00:20
Ok how do i get in the window with the stripper. I try to reach He says I can't reach it! Then i try to use things on it and He says i daon't have to do anything more with window cause i can reach it! What's up can someone help me Tried to walk and everything Nothing.
keekee71, are you referring to the window above the bouncer?  I'm stuck there too!  I read a hint about using the box on the upper level...but there's no hotspot higher than the shop roof I can find. When I try using the box on either the house roof or the shop roof, there's no reply.  Used box on Tom and he said he didn't know how to use it.  I used the wood beam to span the 2 roofs, but when I walk about halfway across the shop roof the bouncer stops Tom, saying he'll call the police.  Same when I try to just walk to the window hotspot. 
Bleeding Romeo,
Great game, by the way! One other problem-the game crashes when I try to grab the handicap sticker, both before and after using steam on it.  I get an error message about room3.asc line 989-Face character:characters in different rooms. I downloaded & extracted the game again (reusing the old saves which were in a different folder) and same problem.  Please help, I really want to finish playing.

Shadow1000

I got the shave and the money for the milk-bottle job. I am in the laundromat but I don't know how to get coins. Any tips?

SHADOW

Meystari F

1.How can I get rid of MR. Black Secretary?

2. What shall I type if I call to flight lesson school to get the address?

3. What am I suppose to do with the orange and the wine?

4. And  how do I get the coffee cup?

5. What am I suppose to do with the nest?

I have no clue what to do now.

Tabata

Hi there,

@Shadow
Have you repaired the guitar? If so, think about earning some coins by using it.

@Fribbi
1.  scare her
2.  the name of the school
3.  use orange to make wine better
4.  you need to find a special coin (under a cushion) â€" it is worth a free cup of coffee
5.  get it  - okay, okay... you already have it - so you should watch it again

have fun

Shadow1000

Thank you, Tabatha! On with the game...

SHADOW

Meystari F

1.  scare her

How? What do I need to have to scare her and where do I get a item to scare her?

2.  the name of the school

I have try typed  "Lindbergh" before but it didn't work.

3.  use orange to make wine better

I have tryed with that orange on everthing including the wine but it didn't work.

4.  you need to find a special coin (under a cushion) â€" it is worth a free cup of coffee

What cushion and where is it?

5.  get it  - okay, okay... you already have it - so you should watch it again

I have already got the worms and ring from the nest but I have no clue what else I am suppose to do with the nest.

So far I'm still stuck in the game.   :'(

I have a another question.  What am I suppose to do with the old man and Iris. But she won't talk to me because she is still talking to the old guy.

Tabata

@Fribbi
I would recommend you to concentrate on the secretary first. There is a lot of work to do ...

1. There is a nice little cockroach around. Catch it and try this.

3. Tom needs to know, why he should change/mix it (have you already talked to the door-security?).

Rest will come laaaaater  ;)

also about 2.
using telephone (did you try ...school?).
As far, as I remember, it worked for me. But at this point shouldn't be a need to get the adress - so if this one isn't working, maybe you should wait and try it again, when you are in need of calling there.

hope this helps a bit to go on

Edit:
... about old man and Iris (nothing to do  ;D)

Shadow1000

Ok, stuck again  ;D

Here's where I'm at:
Spoiler
Finished the second job for Mrs. Irving. Got the ring back to Mrs. Collins. I have the pole straps and the worms and the cockroach in the cup. I snuck up behind Mr. Black from the window behind his office but I don't know how to scare the secretary with the roach. I looked at everything in Mr Black's office for a clue but nothing...
[close]

@Tabatha: thanks for telling me about the game!

SHADOW

Meystari F

About the roach
Spoiler
Go again to music inn and speak with the waitress.  Go then to Mr. Black. While the secretary is looking on pass, use the roach in the tin cup on the green floor.
[close]

I am also stuck now.  But where can I find medicine or doctor for Mathilda? The drug dealer won't sell me anything.

Shadow1000

Quote from: Fribbi on Thu 20/01/2011 03:19:12
About the roach
Spoiler
Go again to music inn and speak with the waitress.  Go then to Mr. Black. While the secretary is looking on pass, use the roach in the tin cup on the green floor.
[close]

I went back to the Music Inn and I can't sit down because it says I have to speak to Mr. Black and have no time to waste. THe waitress is not there (I think she comes when you sit down). What do you mean "looking on pass"?

Thank you

Shadow1000

Is it my imagination or is the nervous man in the Music Inn using a cell phone?? That would be a bit anachronistic :)

SHADOW

Meystari F

You can always sit down if you touch the glass to drink it again. The waitress will come after few seconds. Just wait for the waitress ans she will give you a hint about the secretary.

The pass for the stripclub is on the table where you will speak to secretary.  Ask her for the pass. And while she is looking on the pass you can use the croach on the green floor to scare her.

Have you already made a phone call on "Mr. Black" ?

Shadow1000

Quote from: Fribbi on Thu 20/01/2011 05:15:37
You can always sit down if you touch the glass to drink it again. The waitress will come after few seconds.

What glass...?

Have you already made a phone call on "Mr. Black" ?

I've tried a dozen times and it says that I have to try another way to speak to Mr. Black.

Thanks for the help! I really need it!

SHADOW

Tabata

First allow me, to give a general hint:
I know, that waiting for help sometimes seems lasting endlessly.
If so, try to find answers while reading the older posts. This thread has a very lot of hints and you often will have luck to find, what you need.
This way you don't have to wait for someone to reply.   ;)

@Shadow:
I don't think, that this is a cellphone (the man in the Music Inn is using), because Tom tells you, that he is smoking (if you look at him).

Did you see the business cards on the table?
Spoiler
Try to get one. After that ask the secretary for to give one to you.
[close]
.... and now there is your chance to ...

@Fribbi
You can change something for to get the medicine.
Spoiler
Search in Mathildas room for it (it's hidden very well). If you find it, you will know, that the dealer would like to have it.
[close]

Hopefully I didn't miss a question. You two have been really busy this night :o

Shadow1000

Quote from: Tabata on Thu 20/01/2011 17:46:31
First allow me, to give a general hint:
I know, that waiting for help sometimes seems lasting endlessly.
If so, try to find answers while reading the older posts. This thread has a very lot of hints and you often will have luck to find, what you need.
This way you don't have to wait for someone to reply.   ;)

I don't think anyone answered this specific question so far. I do read every post every time I'm stuck. I probably spend more time reading posts than playing the game! :o

Quote from: Tabata
I don't think, that this is a cellphone (the man in the Music Inn is using), because Tom tells you, that he is smoking (if you look at him).

I know that it's probably supposed to be smoking but it looks a LOT more like using a cell phone. I didn't know people can smoke using their ears  ;)

Quote from: Tabata
Did you see the business cards on the table?
Spoiler
Try to get one. After that ask the secretary for to give one to you.
[close]
.... and now there is your chance to ...

YAY!! Thanks! You are the best!!  8)

SHADOW

Tabata

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 20/01/2011 18:19:39
I know that it's probably supposed to be smoking but it looks a LOT more like using a cell phone. I didn't know people can smoke using their ears  ;)

Yes, you are right about this - that's a very big point for you  ;D

Meystari F

Thanks for alll the helps Tabata.

I have finally finished the game.

That game was hard but that was very good game.  It took me 1 week to finish it. One of the best game from 2010.

Tabata

@Fribbi
You're welcome and not to forget: Congratulations!  :D

@no roads
Even if you called for keekee and Romeo ~ May I ask, if your probs are solved in the meantime?

If you are still trying to reach the window
Spoiler
you should think about how the bouncer won't stop you. Maybe talking to him will bring you an idea, what you can do about this.
[close]

No clue and still stuck?
Spoiler
Alcohol won't sharpen his mind for watch out.
[close]

Meystari F

Thanks. I noticed some spelling errors in the game. 

Bounce is spelled Boucer.  There was another spelling error I found in the game but I don't remember where it is now. I guess I'm getting to old to memory everything hehehe. ;D   Anyway thanks again.  ;)

Shadow1000

Me again - stuck!

Most of my progress in this game has been from finding hints on this board. I spend more time on the board than playing.

Most recently:
Spoiler
I got into the warehouse and he says "Just junk" and leaves
[close]

So here's where I'm stuck:
Spoiler
I can't call the flight school. When I type in "Lindbergh School" it says it doesn't want to phone at random. There isn't enough room for the l in school so I probably have to type something else?
[close]

Next:
Spoiler
I've read that I'm supposed to wake the clerk by using the trumpet with the mute from the music store. When I try buying them it says that I don't need them
[close]

Next problem:
Spoiler
I've read that I'm supposed to help a lady at the police station subway. I've been there over and over and she's not there. How do I get her to come?
[close]

Thank you

SHADOW

Tabata

Mmmmh â€" that's not so easy now, because I don't know exactly, where you are and what you did (or didn't).

Can you tell me, what charpter you are right now and what you have in inventory?

With knowing this, I can reload a savegame, try to find the right point and ... maybe help you.
(There are some actions needed to be done in the right order, so maybe I can find out , which one is missing to get you „on the road again“)

Shadow1000

Quote from: Tabata on Sun 23/01/2011 17:02:39
Can you tell me, what charpter you are right now and what you have in inventory?

I'm in the chapter where
Spoiler
I'm seeking Bob, the guitar player.
[close]

Inventory:
Spoiler
Wallet, guitar, gauze, scissors, lock pick, subway ticket, map, coins, truck keys, cheap wine, pole climbing straps, nest, member's pass, photo of Matilda, remote control, cup with cloth, white paint, fish net, magnifying glass, padlock key from Mr. Black's office, screwdriver, coke, lobster trap, fishing club card, warehouse key
[close]

Since I started the chapter, here's what I've done successfully before I got stuck:

Spoiler
I captured the crow, got the fly hook, gave it to the fisherman, got the pass and warehouse key, got the screwdriver and opened the coke dispenser, corroded the lock and opened the lock. There is just "junk" in the warehouse. The guitar player near the restaurant told me that I need to get to the island. I went back to Mrs. Irving's store and saw the boy with the cart
[close]

I am stuck because
Spoiler
I know I need a trumpet to wake the clerk but I can't purchase it. I know I need to give the magnifying glass to a woman at the police subway station but she's not there. I need to call the flight school but typing "Lindbergh school" doesn't work
[close]

That's as much as I was able to do in this chapter, mostly with help from the forum. I have no idea what's next.  I wonder if other people find this game so difficult to progress in without hints and tips.

Thank you

SHADOW

Tabata

I think, as long as Tom isn't in need of finding the airport, the call won't work and he will only find something in the warehouse, if he can use it.

It seems to me, that you didn't talk to the security-guard from pier-oil, did you?

You should start with this conversation first and after that most of your problems will be lost (hopefully).

Good luck!

EDIT:
I tried some different ways about the phone and after Tom read the poster it worked fine for me to do the call using
Spoiler
"lindbergh school"
[close]
, so you already should be able to do the call.
Or is it only you knowing the name of the school, but not Tom? ;)

EDIT 2:
Found out, that after you have been to the airport the first time, the old lady will be there for you to get Tom's help.

Shadow1000

I spoke to the guard before and I tried speaking to him again. Still nothing. What's next...?

SHADOW

Tabata

Sorry, I missed your last entry while doing the EDIT - could you do the phone call with the first edit?

Shadow1000

Quote from: Tabata on Sun 23/01/2011 19:54:20
Sorry, I missed your last entry while doing the EDIT - could you do the phone call with the first edit?

Guess what! I typed it WITHOUT the capital L and it worked!! What a crazy problem....who would have guessed that?

THANKS!!

SHADOW

Shadow1000

Ok, I'm getting close to the end.

I got back from the island. I'm at the harbour. I went to the restaurant but can't talk to anyone or do anything. What is the next step? I saw a post about a cheque but I don't have a cheque. Nor do I have any money. I must be missing a step...

Thanks!

SHADOW

Tabata

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Mon 24/01/2011 02:29:27
I saw a post about a cheque but I don't have a cheque. Nor do I have any money. I must be missing a step...

Here's my very subtle hint for you/Tom about this:
                                                                                                                                           ;D

Shadow1000

Ohhh...got it! Thank you!

That will keep me busy for a while.

;D

SHADOW

Shadow1000

Wow...I finished the game! Thanks for all the help!

Shadow

Andy

I'm really enjoying this game,, and I have just found Mr. Black who has given me a pass for Good Times, but I try to show it to the bouncer and nothing happens. I dunno if this is a bug or I'm just being dumb, haven't seen anyone else having trouble  :-\

Tabata

I'm not quite sure, if I understand your prob.  ::)

If you enter the „Good Times“ the first time, you:
Spoiler
... ask the bouncer to let you pass (perhaps you didn't talk to him?).
He wants to see your member card and when you show it to him then, he should let you pass.
[close]

Andy

Ahh, hmm, nothing happens when I try that  ???

Never mind, I'll restore an earlier game and play through to see if the problem goes away. Thanks for letting me know

Andy

I just tried playing this game from the beginning, and I am still stuck at this point (post above).

The bouncer says it is too early to enter unless I have a membership pass, and I try to show it to him, but there is just no response at all.

Tabata

Played it to this point again and had no probs.

Spoiler
I only hat to take the card from the inv and point (show) it on the bouncer...
[close]
to get this reaction:

... then he steps aside and you can go in (to the left side).

My very last idea:
Spoiler
I made a save-game now. So if you are still in trouble and want to try it, you can PM me your e-mail-adress and I'll send it to you.
[close]

Andy

Many thanks for your help, I have sent you a PM

Also I notice from the screen capture, there is a van parked behind the car. There is no van at the point I am playing at  :P

It is all very mysterious  :o

Tabata

The van you can see in the pic is parked by me. I am lazy and didn't want to walk that far ;)
You probably parked on the next parking space.

Andy

Hmm, I don't have any van. I have been taking the tram and then the bus. I just went to talk to Mrs. Irving but nothing happens when I talk to her. I'm guessing that's how you get the keys to the van. The last thing she said was to check back later if there are any jobs.

Thanks for your help. I hope there is a way to figure this out  :-[

Tabata

???
Seems to me, you didn't do everything you have to do (but what )

Is there a little note behind Mrs. Irving to be seen?
If so, you should read it (and do this first).

I am pretty sure, after that you should get the second job (and the key for the van)
... and maybe your other prob is solved thereby, too. ::)

EDIT:
Are you still in chapter one?
If so, there is a lot of other stuff do do, too.

Did you ...
Spoiler
clean your clothes and shave? You also have to get Kristie for your band ...
[close]
Having done those things, I was able to get the second job (and the keys) at the beginning of chapter two.

Hope this wil help you to find a your way.

And please note, what you have in inventory next time (it's a lot easier to help you with this info ;))

Andy

Ah I haven't got Kristie for my band yet. I'll try to figure that one out, and let you know what happens  :P

EDIT: YES! Once Kristie has joined my band, I went to Chapter 2 and can now enter the night club. The mystery is solved  :D

I think I would have been stuck forever without your help, Tabata, so I much appreciate your help  :)

SPNVR

I,m sorry that I white in very nold topic.
Help, please
In chapter 2 I can't shatter thw Jean's window. Tom talks what he can shatter, but he do not it. If use beam to window, nothing happens.

Before I visit club and talk wigh security about Matilda.
I use walkthrough and do all that is before moment with Jean's window.

Tabata

Phew - that memory is seven years back - (roll)
Well, Tom needs to be angry (about Jean not paying) to be willing for to destroy the window.
Did you at least talk twice to Jean and try to get the money?

Ciara

Help! Please can anyone tell me where to find the cockroach?
EDIT: Thank you, no help needed as I've just found a walkthrough! I had this crazy idea to play this when I got stuck on Doc Apocalypse but it has turned out to be even harder! (laugh)   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk