A RainDog Story

Started by keekee71, Mon 13/09/2010 05:37:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Thesaya

Quote from: Tabata on Wed 06/10/2010 17:44:23
Hello sthomannch,

in this game you have to look very thoroughly everywhere in every scene. It's very tricky sometimes (at least for me). For starting I would recommend you to discover all the accessible parts to get a clue, what to do next. Maybe you should try to find
Spoiler
the alley between hospital and music inn
[close]
and don't bother about the crow and the pole (not yet, but later). The branch is already in possible reach. You have to do a little pixel-hunting:
Spoiler
It's still at the tree
[close]

Have fun!

I am stuck with the branch too. I have no idea how to get it, having tried all ways I could possibly think of. Could I please get a description exactly how to get it so I can get on with the game? Thanks.

Tabata

Hello Thesaya,

welcome to RainDog Story.
At the beginning there are not so much scenes to look for a tree, but if you still don't find it:
Spoiler
walk to the left as far as you can get and search this tree thoroughly for the branch
[close]

I had the same problem ;)

have fun

Thesaya

Quote from: Tabata on Sun 07/11/2010 15:01:40
Hello Thesaya,

welcome to RainDog Story.
At the beginning there are not so much scenes to look for a tree, but if you still don't find it:
Spoiler
walk to the left as far as you can get and search this tree thoroughly for the branch
[close]

I had the same problem ;)

No, I've found the tree, my problem is that he keeps claiming the branch is too high up to reach.

Tabata

Sorry, for let you waiting, but I had to download the new version first and play again to be shure, of what I'm telling you:
Spoiler
Before you can get the branch, you have to get your job from Mrs. Irving (You still don't have it, right?).
After that, reaching the branch is no problem any longer.
[close]
So your first goal ist to earn money
Spoiler
so you need to find and read the note from Mrs. Irving, that she's needing help, then call for the job
[close]
and afterwarts you can go on ...

Thesaya

deleted

Thesaya

deleted

Thesaya

Thanks Tabatha!

Now:

How do I find the fisherman again? I saw him once, got the comment that I "Didn't need any fish right now" and then never saw him again. From what I can see of other hints, he is quite vital to getting the crow right? Or do I just fail in figuring that one out?

Also, I couldn't remove my last two messages so I just moved the content from them to this post. Sorry about the doubleposting, but I could find no other way to mark that there were new questions here since editing doesn't show up as new content in the topic list.

Tabata

Hello Thesaya,

you don't need to delete your older postings.
Just modify it with a little edit, that you meanwile solved the problem by your own.

One of the most difficult puzzles in this game is catching the crow:
Spoiler
Think about something to do, that the crow would get more trusting you (coming nearer and nearer and ... then you are able to catch it - but you need an item for that, too)
[close]

Searching the fisherman
Spoiler
simply forget about him   ;)
[close]

But there are still a lot of other things to do for you, believe me  ;D

Thesaya

I don't think I have any such thing...

Tabata

Quote from: Thesaya on Mon 08/11/2010 17:58:56
I don't think I have any such thing...

Ã,,hm - I don't know, if you have it, or not - because I can't watch your inventory  ;)

Thesaya

Ehr yes. Could you tell me how to do the spoiler code? I am trying not to spoil, but being too careful instead it seems... I have nothing edible, and the pennies he won't use. I think at least.

Tabata

Quote from: Thesaya on Mon 08/11/2010 18:09:29
Ehr yes. Could you tell me how to do the spoiler code? ...

That's a question for me to answer  ;)
To build spoilers: use [hide*] your spoiling-text here [/hide*]      (- but without the *!).
You can also do a ââ,¬Å¾reply with quoteââ,¬Å" to a post wich has spoilers - there you can see in the quote, how it's done. After you saw, what you wanted to see, just cut the comlete quote out, if not needed in your post.

Thesaya

Thank you! Well, reforming my earlier question:
can I have another hint?

Tabata

That's hard stuff, because there's such a lot to do and I don't know, what you already have done and what you are carrying ...

Did you take everything wich is possible to take (in the harbour)?
If so, then you should have all the things, you need to catch the crow.

Have you been in the restaurant already?

Have you talked to the fishing boy at the pier?

What is your goal just now?

Thesaya

Fishing boy? I haven't seen anyone like that. I have
Spoiler
money, guitar, gauzes, scissors, lockpick, map, coins, carkeys, member's pass, empty wine bottle,  remote control, climbing stuff, nest, envelope, cheque, tin cup, paint, lobster tin, magnifying glass, key from mr. Blacks office, beam, fishnet, screwdriver, coke bottle, batteries and cart.
[close]
(phew)
My big objective is to get to the island, but I have a feeling I need the crow somehow first.

Tabata

Aah, now I see, you already have, what you need to catch it.

Let's try another little hint
Spoiler
For catching a butterfly you need a ? The crow is much bigger, than a butterfly. Have you something like that? Yes, you have!
[close]

So have a good hunting  :)

edit: (sorry, I forgot this point):

To find the fishing boy
Spoiler
you need to go to the sequence, where the ship is on the left side. There ist the path nearly in the middle of the screen. You also can klick the pier direktly from the big view before (seen left of the ship then)
[close]

Thesaya

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! THERE it is! Now I might be getting somewhere!

Also I feel stupid. I still can't figure out how to catch the crow.
[hint]I have banged the house to scare the crow, climbed the pole and tried to catch it from there and it didn't work. I have tried giving it pennies, tried hanging the net from various places, I have pretty much tried everything on everything in the scene with the house, even trying to hang the net from the window next door. [/hint]
I STILL don't get it.   :-[

Tabata

its hide, not hint  ;)

That dosen't sound, like i told you
Spoiler
to do something let the crow trust you more to come nearer?
[close]

more clearly
Spoiler
you heard about the power of musik?
[close]

But to be honest: We all did those things to the poor crow  :o

Thesaya

That was just too easy... I read the hints about
Spoiler
music
[close]
over and over, and never got it... *feels super stupid* :P

Tabata

I warned you, that it's hard to do! But don't worry, I'd like to say that so far nearly no one could catch the crow without any cheating. ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk