A RainDog Story

Started by keekee71, Mon 13/09/2010 05:37:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow1000

Quote from: Tabata on Sun 23/01/2011 17:02:39
Can you tell me, what charpter you are right now and what you have in inventory?

I'm in the chapter where
Spoiler
I'm seeking Bob, the guitar player.
[close]

Inventory:
Spoiler
Wallet, guitar, gauze, scissors, lock pick, subway ticket, map, coins, truck keys, cheap wine, pole climbing straps, nest, member's pass, photo of Matilda, remote control, cup with cloth, white paint, fish net, magnifying glass, padlock key from Mr. Black's office, screwdriver, coke, lobster trap, fishing club card, warehouse key
[close]

Since I started the chapter, here's what I've done successfully before I got stuck:

Spoiler
I captured the crow, got the fly hook, gave it to the fisherman, got the pass and warehouse key, got the screwdriver and opened the coke dispenser, corroded the lock and opened the lock. There is just "junk" in the warehouse. The guitar player near the restaurant told me that I need to get to the island. I went back to Mrs. Irving's store and saw the boy with the cart
[close]

I am stuck because
Spoiler
I know I need a trumpet to wake the clerk but I can't purchase it. I know I need to give the magnifying glass to a woman at the police subway station but she's not there. I need to call the flight school but typing "Lindbergh school" doesn't work
[close]

That's as much as I was able to do in this chapter, mostly with help from the forum. I have no idea what's next.  I wonder if other people find this game so difficult to progress in without hints and tips.

Thank you

SHADOW

Tabata

I think, as long as Tom isn't in need of finding the airport, the call won't work and he will only find something in the warehouse, if he can use it.

It seems to me, that you didn't talk to the security-guard from pier-oil, did you?

You should start with this conversation first and after that most of your problems will be lost (hopefully).

Good luck!

EDIT:
I tried some different ways about the phone and after Tom read the poster it worked fine for me to do the call using
Spoiler
"lindbergh school"
[close]
, so you already should be able to do the call.
Or is it only you knowing the name of the school, but not Tom? ;)

EDIT 2:
Found out, that after you have been to the airport the first time, the old lady will be there for you to get Tom's help.

Shadow1000

I spoke to the guard before and I tried speaking to him again. Still nothing. What's next...?

SHADOW

Tabata

Sorry, I missed your last entry while doing the EDIT - could you do the phone call with the first edit?

Shadow1000

Quote from: Tabata on Sun 23/01/2011 19:54:20
Sorry, I missed your last entry while doing the EDIT - could you do the phone call with the first edit?

Guess what! I typed it WITHOUT the capital L and it worked!! What a crazy problem....who would have guessed that?

THANKS!!

SHADOW

Shadow1000

Ok, I'm getting close to the end.

I got back from the island. I'm at the harbour. I went to the restaurant but can't talk to anyone or do anything. What is the next step? I saw a post about a cheque but I don't have a cheque. Nor do I have any money. I must be missing a step...

Thanks!

SHADOW

Tabata

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Mon 24/01/2011 02:29:27
I saw a post about a cheque but I don't have a cheque. Nor do I have any money. I must be missing a step...

Here's my very subtle hint for you/Tom about this:
                                                                                                                                           ;D

Shadow1000

Ohhh...got it! Thank you!

That will keep me busy for a while.

;D

SHADOW

Shadow1000

Wow...I finished the game! Thanks for all the help!

Shadow

Andy

I'm really enjoying this game,, and I have just found Mr. Black who has given me a pass for Good Times, but I try to show it to the bouncer and nothing happens. I dunno if this is a bug or I'm just being dumb, haven't seen anyone else having trouble  :-\

Tabata

I'm not quite sure, if I understand your prob.  ::)

If you enter the „Good Times“ the first time, you:
Spoiler
... ask the bouncer to let you pass (perhaps you didn't talk to him?).
He wants to see your member card and when you show it to him then, he should let you pass.
[close]

Andy

Ahh, hmm, nothing happens when I try that  ???

Never mind, I'll restore an earlier game and play through to see if the problem goes away. Thanks for letting me know

Andy

I just tried playing this game from the beginning, and I am still stuck at this point (post above).

The bouncer says it is too early to enter unless I have a membership pass, and I try to show it to him, but there is just no response at all.

Tabata

Played it to this point again and had no probs.

Spoiler
I only hat to take the card from the inv and point (show) it on the bouncer...
[close]
to get this reaction:

... then he steps aside and you can go in (to the left side).

My very last idea:
Spoiler
I made a save-game now. So if you are still in trouble and want to try it, you can PM me your e-mail-adress and I'll send it to you.
[close]

Andy

Many thanks for your help, I have sent you a PM

Also I notice from the screen capture, there is a van parked behind the car. There is no van at the point I am playing at  :P

It is all very mysterious  :o

Tabata

The van you can see in the pic is parked by me. I am lazy and didn't want to walk that far ;)
You probably parked on the next parking space.

Andy

Hmm, I don't have any van. I have been taking the tram and then the bus. I just went to talk to Mrs. Irving but nothing happens when I talk to her. I'm guessing that's how you get the keys to the van. The last thing she said was to check back later if there are any jobs.

Thanks for your help. I hope there is a way to figure this out  :-[

Tabata

???
Seems to me, you didn't do everything you have to do (but what )

Is there a little note behind Mrs. Irving to be seen?
If so, you should read it (and do this first).

I am pretty sure, after that you should get the second job (and the key for the van)
... and maybe your other prob is solved thereby, too. ::)

EDIT:
Are you still in chapter one?
If so, there is a lot of other stuff do do, too.

Did you ...
Spoiler
clean your clothes and shave? You also have to get Kristie for your band ...
[close]
Having done those things, I was able to get the second job (and the keys) at the beginning of chapter two.

Hope this wil help you to find a your way.

And please note, what you have in inventory next time (it's a lot easier to help you with this info ;))

Andy

Ah I haven't got Kristie for my band yet. I'll try to figure that one out, and let you know what happens  :P

EDIT: YES! Once Kristie has joined my band, I went to Chapter 2 and can now enter the night club. The mystery is solved  :D

I think I would have been stuck forever without your help, Tabata, so I much appreciate your help  :)

SPNVR

I,m sorry that I white in very nold topic.
Help, please
In chapter 2 I can't shatter thw Jean's window. Tom talks what he can shatter, but he do not it. If use beam to window, nothing happens.

Before I visit club and talk wigh security about Matilda.
I use walkthrough and do all that is before moment with Jean's window.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk