The Cat Lady

Started by Grim, Sun 01/11/2009 00:20:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Cirius

I've literally just finished playing through The Cat Lady, courtesy of a press copy kindly supplied by Screen 7.

I am not holding back when I say it was literally one of the most unique experiences I have ever had from an adventure game. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending it to anyone with even the slightest appreciation of adventure games.

Just a warning to everyone. To say this game involves mature themes would be an understatement. Themes of depression, suicide and violence fill it from start to finish, not letting up for a second. But despite their prominence, they are handled with an intelligence and sincerity that is worthy of respect.

Over the next few days I'll be finishing up a review which will go up at The Reticule, but for now all I have to say is thank you to everyone involved in the project.

m0ds

Thanks Nick, I'm sure Remi will be pleased to hear that - I certainly am! Looking forward to your article, thanks again for supporting such ventures :)

an Urpney

Almost get late for work today because of this game and passing by a cementary at 5 AM was far less plesant than usually. I had to force myself to stop playing just after chapter 1. The game is amazing.
Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

Grim

Thanks Cirius- such a kind comment. I can't wait to read the full review!

Those who preordered should have received the game by now- and everyone else can get it on the 1st of December!:)
I really appreciate your patience and while there have been delays, I hope you'll love The Cat Lady:)
On Saturday a proper thread will be made in Completed Games section.
An Urpney- after a few more chapters you will be scared to pass by your local newsagents, let alone cemetery....;)

Crimson Wizard

'Tis time to remember all the cats you've killed in previous adventure games.

Wait, oh sh...

xenogia

Got my pre-order link yesterday and started playing it last night.  Up to Chapter 3 so far and it is awesome.  I have found a few bugs which I will submit, but other than that.  This game is probably one of the most enthralling AGS games I have played in years.

an Urpney

Started chapter 5 just before I had to go to work. One minor VO bug reported to Mark.
The game is getting better and better (only one slightly annoying part thus far - I'd tell what it was but I don't want to reveal any plot points before the game is officially out).
An Urpney.

m0ds

Thank you, Rem is working on your bug reports. Good to know it hasn't fatally crashed or anything, and that you're enjoying it! I'm busy getting the DVD-rom stuff sorted. Everything looks good for both Screen 7 and Desura release on Dec 1st (sadly the game was rejected by GOG).

Surdy

Hi m0ds,

I am still motivated by translating TCL in french. Are you OK or not ? ;-)
You can contact me via e-mail.

an Urpney

End credits just rolled through my screen and it was great couple of days. Certainly will take this road several more times just to take different paths.
Actually I'm dying to discuss the game but I think it'd be better if I remain silent ultil the game is officially out.
For now, I'll just say:
Spoiler
GIANT ZOMBIE CAT!!1
[close]
And now I just need to sleep with it.
An Urpney.

m0ds

It's Dec 1st, so you can now purchase it at http://www.screen7.co.uk or http://www.thecatlady.co.uk

All song and dance tomorrow I assure you, Grim will be posting a completed games announcement in the coming hours. ENJOY! :)

Grim

Completed Games thread is now in place;) Could moderators kindly lock this for us, please? Thanks!!!:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk