Lightning Master

Started by Cogliostro, Wed 22/09/2010 16:56:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogliostro

Old Guy,

Spoiler

Okay, I have delivered two letters.

I can get a lightning rod started at Castle Rock but cannot seem to complete it.  At the moment all I have is a big copper rod stuck in the hole.

I've put two "spheres" into the sculpture in the garden.

I was able to get to the silo and start the windmill there, but the one at the lighthouse will not start.  At the lighthouse the combo is already entered correctly and the brake is off, but no action out of the windmill.

*I ASSUME* that I'm supposed to find actual circuit board components to plug into the various locks that I've found and not wing it with plastic bottles and tin foil (neither of which I've actually found.)

So far I haven't been able to unlock a single door.  Haven't found a use for the shovel either.

Possessions: knife, keys, message, letter, baseball, duct tape, jumper cables, shovel, and notebook.

Hmmm... I think you'd say I'm stuck.   Any general hints?

[close]

- Cogliostro

EDIT

Of course the minute I post the request I find the spot where I can...

Spoiler

Go behind the Masonic Lodge!  Got my hands on two keys and am now in the silo.
[close]
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Cogliostro

Okay new set of problems...

Spoiler

In the silo, started generator and turned on batteries.  Setup lightning rod on Castle Rock.

Got the device fron under the manhole cover, set it up at the church.

I cannot get upstairs in the silo.  Am I supposed to know what the password is?

I cannot get into the lighthouse.  I have the capacitor.  The handle on the windmill shows unlocked.  The combo on the windmill looks good.  But the windmill isn't turning and thus no power for the door.

[close]

- Cogliostro

EDIT

Spoiler

I swear I tried that password three times before it worked?!

[close]
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Tabata

Hi,

I walked a lot of miles and dit some time-traveling but now I have a problem with understanding the turbine at the lighthouse, ...
Spoiler
because the handle for the brakes is "off" but it's not rotating!? So there is no power at the doorlock and I can't put the capacitor in. The lock has set automaticaly in right order when I put it in at the other turbine (or will I get an other code with a note later?) - but anyway the brakes aren't on. So I'm stuck here and can't solve a problem I don't understand. :'(

The turbine at the silo is rotating with no problem and the control panel inside says, that only the batteries must go online for to get the keypad working. Maybe because until now I couldn't manage to crack the code for the door in the cellar?
[close]

I think I missed something important on my way and mayby there is someone to give me a hint in the right direction? That whould be very kind. Meanwhile I will go on searching ...

Old Guy

Tabata,

Spoiler
Each turbine has a separate code. To solve the door code, check out the notebook once again, then consult the AGS Programming Book in the office.
[close]

sthomannch

Nice game!
I'm also stuck at the lighthouse
Spoiler

I have no idea where to find the setting for the brake. Tried to lubricate the turbine, impossible. I set up the rods at the church, castle rock and set up everything in the silo (all lights green)
[close]

Spoiler

got it! Had to find this little note first
[close]

Tabata

thank you very much for helping Old Guy

batteries are online now
(and the "rest" will have to wait until tomorrow)

Stumblebum

This is a fantastic game.  I am so close to the end that I hate to ask for a hint, but it's driving me out of my mind.  I also found a minor glitch.
Spoiler
I have placed all three attractors, activated everything in the silo(all lights lit, used code from mansion basement), set the switch in the lighthouse to connect the red and green wires, and I'm stumped.  The glitch involves the attractor in the lighthouse vanishing if you look at the painting before using the hand icon on it after switching the switch.  I have not been inside the church, and still have duct tape, car keys and the knife along with all sorts of notes.
[close]

Monkey Mind

Alun

You never do end up going
Spoiler
inside the church
[close]
or using
Spoiler
the knife or the duct tape
[close]
.  (At least, I didn't, unless there's some alternate solution involving them.)

You are, however, very close to the end.

Uncover one hint at a time until you're no longer stuck.

Spoiler
If you've been inside the lighthouse, you must have traveled to 1985, right?  (Otherwise you wouldn't have gotten the notebook entry that gave you the code for the lighthouse turbine.)  Did you accomplish anything there?
[close]

Spoiler
Yes, besides seeing the guy wave to you on the sailboat.  There's something else you needed to look at.
[close]

Spoiler
Did you take a close look at the photo on the table on the patio?
[close]

Spoiler
Make a note of which brick is circled on the photo.
[close]

Spoiler
Now, go back to 2008 and return to the patio in that time frame...
[close]

Spoiler
Find the right brick and interact with it.
[close]

Spoiler
OK, now interact with the control panel that should have come up.
[close]

Spoiler
If you've done all you say you've done, all the lights on the control panel should already be lit.  All you have to do is press the big button at the bottom...
[close]

Soup - The Comic Strip
http://www.soupcomic.com
Gods, heroes, monsters, and soup

Stumblebum

Thanks Alun,

Spoiler
For some reason it never registered that the circle was around a brick rather than the walkable area in front of it.
[close]

how foolish of me.  Great game.
Monkey Mind

Tabata

Okay, I give up to it! I 'm stuck - totally stuck!   :'(
I think I need another letter or something like this
Spoiler
for timetravel to 1985
[close]
but I don't know where to find or what to do now.
???
I got:
Spoiler
knife, keys, message, letter, folder, notebook, tape, shovel, oil, cutter (and the capacitor for the lighthouse)
[close]
and I think there is still something to do at castle rock because the hotspot of the
Spoiler
eye-bolt
[close]
is still appearing.
???
Would someone give me a hint please!
Thanks

Tabata

Huhuuuuu - is no one out there willing (or able) to help a "fallen girl" on?      :(

Old Guy

Quote from: Tabata on Sun 03/10/2010 16:02:24
Huhuuuuu - is no one out there willing (or able) to help a "fallen girl" on?      :(

Sorry you’ve been left stranded. I will endeavor to help, but first a few questions…

Spoiler
Have you done any time travel yet?  Are you checking the notebook after you do? Do you visit the park in back of the Bluewater from time to time? Have you found your way to Aldove Island yet?
[close]

lenzery

Spoiler
You have to time travel and use the letter with the mail box in the past
[close]

Tabata

First: Thank you for answering (I really feel lost)!

Until now I did two time-travels
Spoiler
went to 1968 and 1974 to put letters in mailbox, getting new messages in the notebook afterwards but I'm still missing the travel to 1985
[close]
I don't know anything about
Spoiler
Aldove Island
[close]

Can you help me?

Old Guy

Quote from: Tabata on Mon 04/10/2010 18:43:24

Spoiler
Aldove Island
[close]

Spoiler
Aldove Island is mentioned in the notebook. You need to find a way to travel from the dock on the beach to the island across the way.
[close]

Tabata

Quote from: Old Guy on Mon 04/10/2010 20:26:00
Quote from: Tabata on Mon 04/10/2010 18:43:24

Spoiler
Aldove Island
[close]

Spoiler
Aldove Island is mentioned in the notebook. You need to find a way to travel from the dock on the beach to the island across the way.
[close]

Oh, oh - I'm sorry!
You mean the island with the silo? - Of course I've been there
Spoiler
(a lot of times) - turbine there is working and i have been inside . At the control pannel just the last light ist off. But I can't get the turbine from lighthouse working because the code is still missing and you told me, that I will get it later (I think after the third travel?) - the capacitor is in my inventory
[close]

frederic09

hello,

i'm just stucked, i was able to deliver
Spoiler
the 1st letter in 1968
[close]
, but after i walked so much and i'm still stucked.
Spoiler
I'm unable to pass the gate at 1968, and unable to get a bubble gum.
[close]
(not sure if i'll get it one day)

i just found
Spoiler
a key
[close]
and got
Spoiler
the Tesla photo
[close]
with it but it's all.

Any help please.

edit : maybe by telling what i have will help you :

Spoiler
the pocket knife, the car keys, a showel, a duct tape, the boosters cables, 2 beer cans, the notebook, the tesla fileproject and 2 letters (the first i got it in my mailbox, and the 2nd one was in the notebook).
[close]

Tabata

Quote from: frederic09 on Mon 04/10/2010 21:33:35
hello,

i'm just stucked, i was able to deliver
Spoiler
the 1st letter in 1968
[close]
, but after i walked so much and i'm still stucked.
Spoiler
I'm unable to pass the gate at 1968, and unable to get a bubble gum.
[close]
(not sure if i'll get it one day)

i just found
Spoiler
a key
[close]
and got
Spoiler
the Tesla photo
[close]
with it but it's all.

Any help please.

edit : maybe by telling what i have will help you :

Spoiler
the pocket knife, the car keys, a showel, a duct tape, the boosters cables, 2 beer cans, the notebook, the tesla fileproject and 2 letters (the first i got it in my mailbox, and the 2nd one was in the notebook).
[close]

Have you visited
Spoiler
the park in back of the Bluewater again (and again and ...)?
[close]
Did you find the
Spoiler
cellar from the mension?
[close]

frederic09

wow thanks for your fast answer.

Quote from: Tabata on Mon 04/10/2010 22:13:14
Have you visited
Spoiler
[close]
Did you find the
Spoiler
cellar from the mension?
[close]

For
Spoiler
the park with the statues ?
[close]
i didn't saw anything new from the last time. It's a small item ?

And for
Spoiler
the cellar,
[close]
i just have to find the key for the lock :p

Tabata

Quote from: frederic09 on Mon 04/10/2010 22:20:54
wow thanks for your fast answer.

Quote from: Tabata on Mon 04/10/2010 22:13:14
Have you visited
Spoiler
[close]
Did you find the
Spoiler
cellar from the mension?
[close]

For
Spoiler
the park with the statues ?
[close]
i didn't saw anything new from the last time. It's a small item ?

And for
Spoiler
the cellar,
[close]
i just have to find the key for the lock :p

Spoiler
You said, you found a key? And not the sculpure-garden is to check from time to time, but the back of the bluewater (where the device  ist standing)
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk