Quest for Glory fan projects

Started by Blake00, Mon 04/10/2010 08:02:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Volcan

I just wonder, do you make copies of those fans QFG games in case if websites become gone?

Blake00

Opps sorry I didn't reply to this.. haven't visited these forums in aaaages!

Mostly yes. When I built the site in 2010 I downloaded every demo I could to test them out and take pictures etc. There were many I sadly could find a copy of and are lost forever, but I'm pretty sure I still have copies of all the ones I did find. I'm currently doing a very overdue overhaul on my QFG webpage adding new games, updating projects, and testing links. The kind folks at http://www.infamous-quests.com/ have offered to host any rare demos for me so if there's any dead demo links on my site and I can't locate a new working link for them I'll get them to host my copies soon. :)

Blake's Sanctum - Quest For Glory Series:
fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!

Blake00

Hey everybody! 1.5 years on since my last big update to my Quest for Glory Page and amazingly I've found a whole bunch of new projects and materials so its time for another one! As always thank you to everyone that contacts me with new information! :)

New QFG related projects found:
- Betrayed Alliance - Full tribute page created! Brilliant new & finished QFG1 style SCI game.
- QFG6 Hero's Legend - New project recreating Silmaria in 3D using own engine.
- Heroism: The Art of De-Fence - Full tribute page created! Cool 3D QFG project using the Unity engine. Attracted the attention of the Coles!
- Quest for Glory 1 Extended - AGS remake of QG1 with open mountain pass & extended areas like QFG4.5. Don't know more details. Author ignored attempts to contact.
- Unknown QFG Project: By Dormant - AGS QFG title. Don't know name or details. Author ignored attempts to contact.
- Legacy of Glory - 3D QFG style game. Don't know more details. Author ignored attempts to contact.
- Unknown QFG Project: By Jimbeanus - AGS QFG title. Don't know name or details. Author ignored attempts to contact.

Changes made:
- General - Updated music to mp3, fixed broken links, switched to java frames, forced frame loading, 'sneaky' linking redirects to entry page
- Original QFG1,2,3,4 & 5 - Finally finished my maps! Created slideshow videos with high quality QFG music that show many screenshots that didn't make it to the site.
- Mage's Initiation: Reign Of The Elements - Stunning new pictures found
- Heroine's Quest - Split both Heroine's Quest projects to 2 different tribute pages at authors request. Recorded video of rare Legend of Fair Spring demo.
- Quest for Infamy - Decided to do the same & split QFI pages which means my old 'damp brigand cave theme' QFI page is back from the dead! Stunning new pictures found
- Hero6 - Project re-activated by new team! New demo & more long lost demos found.
- Quest for 3D - New pictures released
- Grim Quest - New graphics & story. New pictures & demo released
- Quest for Glory 1 - 2.5D - New test video released. New host found for demo.

Blake00

Happy new year guys! :) It's been a while but I've been working on my site and have made the following additions to the QFG related games list.

New QFG related projects added:
Quest For Glory IV 3D - Massive new section! My total conversion mod for ZDoom Hexen taking you on a 3D action packed adventure in Mordavia.
QFG6: Hero's Legend - Full tribute page created! Creator of QFG2.5D is working on a 3D QFG sequel based in Silmaria & Tarna.
Quest for Glory I Extended Edition - Full tribute page created! QFG1 remake with many new areas (eg open mountain pass like in QFG4.5).

Changes made to existing QFG content:
General - Contents menu added.
General - All back buttons changed to utilise HTML bookmarks. Now users don't have to re-scroll down the entire page constantly! :)
General - Fixed some missing slashes in code.
Heroism: The Art of DeFence - New HD screenshots and GREATLY enhanced demo now available.
Quest for 3D - New awesome screenshots of his amazing realistic recreation of Spielburg.
Destiny: The Lost Soul - FINALLY the long lost demo has been found & made available by the Hero6 team!
Quest for Infamy (classic) - Finally found the original Brigand theme song I used to use (forgot it was also hero selection track), now the original 2010 tribute page is finally truly restored.

As always, let me know if something is missing. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk