Run cycle - WIP

Started by Khris, Wed 06/10/2010 01:18:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Khris

Hey guys,

something I just whipped up:

Very WIP obviously, question is, should I start pushing pixels or is the basic animation lacking? In terms of smoothness, missing frames, etc.

Lufia

That blinking pocket is awesome. How can I sew that on my own shorts?  ;D

Seriously, my main problem is that he looks way too straight to be running. His shoulders should be a bit ahead of his hips, I think, with his arms moving so far back, he looks like he should topple over. His torso definitely should be turning too, following the movement of his arms.

The movement of the arms and legs look alright to me.

cat

Yes, he should lean a bit forward.

Wonkyth

Yeah, he looks more like he's jogging.
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Khris

Heh, funny you'd mention jogging because that's what I tried to convey; he's supposed to move fast (I hate slow walking) without looking like he's training for Olympic walking.

Still, I'll work on the torso.

Thanks for the feedback so far, much appreciated!

Snarky

Aren't the dimensions a bit off? His legs look a bit stunted to me.

Anian

Quote from: Snarky on Wed 06/10/2010 11:49:53
Aren't the dimensions a bit off? His legs look a bit stunted to me.
Yeah, a bit.

When his right wrist is next his body, it looks kind of weird, just for moment.

Hmm, yeah, he's leg stretch looks like he's running, but you basically are going for a jog, so either til his tors and head a bit forward or shorten his leap...
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Khris

Progress!

old   new

Tried to make the legs slightly longer and started giving shape to things, added twist to torso.

What's left is the shirt, and maybe make him lean forward a bit.

Snake

I like it Khris!

The only thing I would suggest is making his legs go just a TAD further outward before hitting the ground in the front. It looks a bit stiff, stopping short. I also like the speed of the old one, seems more fluid. Heh, the new one reminds me of Rocky and Apollo racing each other on the beach in slow motion ;)
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

1mal_volltanken

Well,

the animation-phases are very clean, and I can see, that you've invested much diligence.
Your animation is really succeeded. ;)

Greetings
the upfiller

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk