InstaGame: Grok

Started by Soft, Gooey, Delicious., Tue 18/02/2003 15:32:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

I AM MIGHTY!

I made an instagame over the past few days. It has about 9 rooms, no sound and no music. Find it here http://www.iprimus.com.au/ljn/grok.zip

comments appreciated.
Kant was a dirty deontologist fuck.
the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

Squinky

Yay! another insta-game! I'm downloading now...

MillsJROSS

Great game so far! Very clever puzzles.

However...I think I'm stuck, and I'd just like to know if its my fault or yours.

More comments upon completion of game.

Spoiler
I built the hot air balloon, with radio, and have used it on the hole. I tried mixing the rope with it, and that didn't do anything. I tried it on myself. I don't want the solution...I just want to know if there isn't some glitch. So please don't tell me the answer, just tell me if I can proceed.
[close]

-MillsJROSS

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

Quote from: MillsJROSS on Wed 19/02/2003 00:21:39
Great game so far! Very clever puzzles.

However...I think I'm stuck, and I'd just like to know if its my fault or yours.

-MillsJROSS

Ok, It's not a glitch. A hint is below

Spoiler
Pay more attention to the room where the hole is.
[close]
the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

Sylpher

Kick arse...

* Sylpher downloads

Back with my thoughts in a jiffy

72 Second opinion:
Kick super-batman-ass!

A pixel point on the Inv objects or something would be nice but no biggie at all...

167 second opinon:
Heh whoops died..

Finished. Very nice! Tuff calll on if I like Mills or yours better...So I will just leave it at the both rock in there own way.

Go ahead and add the music just make it an optional download...games feel very dry with no music...

There were a couple minor bugs here and there. Only one that really made the game unplayable...

Spoiler
If you get the survival kit out of the ship twice and shot the water twice you end up at the top of the screen or some weird things happen
[close]

Otherwise Great job!

MillsJROSS

I finished it! Great game. It has plenty of  puzzles for a nine room game. I loved some of the inventory items you allowed the player to use, and how the character actually used them. Great job...all you need is music.

-MillsJROSS

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

Thanks guys.

I'm thinking of putting in some music, but it'd be in mp3 or ogg and people might not want to download it all.  
the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

Squinky

My stupid computer freezes when I try to play it...But I'll keep plugging away till I get it going...

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

Quote from: Squinky on Wed 19/02/2003 02:27:26
My stupid computer freezes when I try to play it...But I'll keep plugging away till I get it going...

What OS are you running?
the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

Squinky

Windows ME, I've never had problems with ags before tho...

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

Quote from: Squinky on Wed 19/02/2003 02:33:30
Windows ME, I've never had problems with ags before tho...

Freakout.  Does it not load at all or what happens? If anyone else has win me can you d/l and see if it works?
the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

Gilbert

hmmm win ME here, works for me...

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

Quote from: Sylpher on Wed 19/02/2003 01:17:01
Kick arse...

* Sylpher downloads

There were a couple minor bugs here and there. Only one that really made the game unplayable...

Spoiler
If you get the survival kit out of the ship twice and shot the water twice you end up at the top of the screen or some weird things happen
[close]

I couldn't get the game to do this.  
Spoiler
The Water should disappear after you shoot it and not come back
[close]

the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

Sylpher

Might have been a one time weird thing...I will try to replicate it and see if it happens again.

Timosity

tricky game so far fangyrabbit,

it took me a while to get going and now I'm very stuck

Spoiler
I'm under ground, I have the cup of sunshine, a platic cape, the broken rope, the transmitter, a piece of sun and the vaporiser, I've looked, touched and clicked with every inventory everywhere on all the screens,

Is there an item i missed somewhere, can you go across the water or climb down the shaft somehow, I can't think of anything logical or not left to do, I'm sure I'll kick myself when I find out, I just need a hint in the right direction. I'll keeptrying.

Just one bug, (It only happened once, but I can't remeber the order of things I did or where i was standing) but one time when I clicked the vaporiser on the lake near the start, the character ended up on a non walkable area, The top right hand corner of the screen
[close]

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

Quote from: Timosity on Fri 28/02/2003 12:08:14
tricky game so far fangyrabbit,

it took me a while to get going and now I'm very stuck
Yes, you're stuck. Time to start again. Look below for what you missed.

Spoiler

You've missed an item right at the start. You can grab a handful of air in the first screen. Someone else reported that bug, but I can't seem to reproduce it.
[close]
the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

Which of you punks voted the game down on the games page? I'll kill you all.
the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

Timosity

You trickster,

I finished it, I can't believe I missed that click, quite a hard game for a short one.

Spoiler
I didn't get the Pat Rafter joke with the dunes?
[close]

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

The dune thing.

Spoiler
Pat Rafter did some commercials for Coastcare, which is an organisation that replants vegetation on sand dunes to prevent erosion and basically looks after beaches. I needed something to say about the dunes and I used that as a tribute to the worst celebrity appearance I had ever seen in an ad. This has since been eclipsed by an as featuring tatiana grigorieva and her husband. If you don't watch australian tv you probably wouldn't get it.
[close]
the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

Timosity

I am Australian, It rings a bell, I wasn't thinking of beach sand dunes as it was desert. I haven't seen the tatiana grigorieva one yet

Potch

I can't seem to get anywhere on this game.  Can anyone help?

Spoiler
I vaporized the water, adn I can't do anything else.
[close]
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

splat44

Quote from: Potch on Mon 22/11/2004 18:37:35
I can't seem to get anywhere on this game.Ã,  Can anyone help?

Spoiler
I vaporized the water, adn I can't do anything else.
[close]

Potch:
Spoiler
You need to get sun, sky near escape pod by simply using hand and use the sun melt the hole. Therefore, if you go inside hole, end of game.
[close]

I need help:
Spoiler
What I need to do before going inside hole? I couldn't get survival pack.
[close]

Ieremiou

Spoiler
Use the hand icon on the ship and you get a vaporizer and a rope (that's the survival kit). Get a piece of sky and a piece of sun from the same screen. You use the vaporizer on the water. Use the piece of sun on the plastic cover. Use the rope on the hole that you made to go down into it otherwise you die trying to go into it. Get the plastic cape and use the piece of sky on it. Go right and get the transmitter with the rope and then use the transmitter on the balloon thingy to attach it. Full your cup of death with the piece of sun and attach that to the transmitter/balloon thingy. Go left all the way and use the hand icon on the floor to get it covered in dust. Then use the hand icon on the wall. Then use the ballon transmitter cup thingy in the air. Game over.
[close]
Ieremiou
-----------

Love of Adventure games everywhere :)

viktor

Quote from: Ieremiou on Tue 23/11/2004 08:49:30
Spoiler
Use the hand icon on the ship and you get a vaporizer and a rope (that's the survival kit). Get a piece of sky and a piece of sun from the same screen. You use the vaporizer on the water. Use the piece of sun on the plastic cover. Use the rope on the hole that you made to go down into it otherwise you die trying to go into it. Get the plastic cape and use the piece of sky on it. Go right and get the transmitter with the rope and then use the transmitter on the balloon thingy to attach it. Full your cup of death with the piece of sun and attach that to the transmitter/balloon thingy. Go left all the way and use the hand icon on the floor to get it covered in dust. Then use the hand icon on the wall. Then use the ballon transmitter cup thingy in the air. Game over.
[close]

Spoiler

for some strange reason I can't use the baloon with the sky. Why not? Am I supose to use it on the screen when I come out of the hole?
[close]
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk