Ebay selling tips (Snake's wife speaking)

Started by Snake, Sun 14/11/2010 18:29:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

HI everyone, I hijacked Snake's name since he always says you are all the smartest  people he knows.  I have a bunch of stuff that I'd like to sell on ebay, but after reading the first few pages of selling tips, I needed a drink and it's barely afternoon.  I just thought I took some pics, posted them with a description and had to mail it to the person who paid me.  I don't understand insertion fees and final price fees, and actually how or where to post where I can get the most for a product... Any help that you could provide would be appreciated!  Thanks a lot!  Snakette
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Calin Leafshade

What do you mean your Snake's wife?!

*I'M* Snake's wife!

Snake! Your double life has been exposed!

Anyway on ebay stuff:

It costs a certain amount to list something on ebay. This is called the insertion fee and it's based on how much you list the product for and what reserve you set.
So the higher the starting price and reserve, the higher the insertion fee. This is why you see lots of items starting at 99p with no reserve.. it's to minimise the insertion fee while adding a little risk.

The final price is what the bidder pays. eBay will take a slice of that money (minus the postage fee) once the item sells. You wont have to pay this if the item doesnt sell.

eBays listing procedure is actually pretty good at explaining stuff like this. If you go onto the eBay 'sell' section, it runs you through a little procedure and explains it all as it goes.

My advice is to just try listing something and follow all the instructions.

Snake

Yes, all of AGS is his mistress, I know  :'(... I digress - thanks I have re-read it and it is a little clearer.  I will start with littler things I guess until I understand all the rules. 

Snake

Nice one, Scarab. I made her own account yesterday:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk