Fight for Life: A new original Adventure-Thriller

Started by strangechicken, Sun 05/12/2010 20:57:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicky

They look great SC, is there no way to match that quality in-game? AGS supports anti-alias.

strangechicken

Quote from: Chicky on Thu 30/12/2010 14:23:18
They look great SG, is there no way to match that quality in-game? AGS supports anti-alias.

I'm pretty new to the AGS system, so I don't know how to do much stuff, still learning! Maybe i can mess around a bit more for the sequel, unless its easy to do and i don't have to remake everything or fiddle around too much.  but thanks for your comment! I still have to figure how i'm gonna modify Ponch's shooter script to make a house of the dead style shooter interface (I figured i'm gonna have short first person cutscenes, and have created a whole huge 3d street block in poser, and will have the cutscenes play between each different shooter section screen. But I am keeping the on screen reload button, to make it more challenging).

strangechicken

I Would like to apologise, and i thankyou all for your continued patience. However this game is being delayed to mid-late february due to the recent flash flooding disaster in the city where I live in Australia. So there will be some delay due to this unforeseen event, but don't worry, I am still working on this.

Sslaxx

Quote from: strangechicken on Thu 13/01/2011 10:29:54
I Would like to apologise, and i thankyou all for your continued patience. However this game is being delayed to mid-late february due to the recent flash flooding disaster in the city where I live in Australia. So there will be some delay due to this unforeseen event, but don't worry, I am still working on this.
I'd say being dry and safe is more important than an adventure game, so take as long as you need.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Tabata

Quote from: strangechicken on Thu 13/01/2011 10:29:54
I Would like to apologise, ... game is being delayed to mid-late february due to the recent flash flooding disaster in the city where I live in Australia. ...

No need to apologise - this problem is an absolute priority right now for you! I hope you get everything well under control!

All the best and good luck for you and everyone in your city  :-*

strangechicken

Thankyou both for your kind words, its just things here have been a bit hectic, theres no milk, no food (NOT even bread), and the water treatment plants are broken so you can't drink the water because its full of parasites and such. Most of the flood is done with but there is much to rebuild. I'm doing my bit here and there, Such as i'm performing at charity shows to raise funds to help rebuild and give relief to those people affected. So it throws my schedule a bit off balance, but i'll try my best to get this done by february! I've done way too much work on this game to let it rot in development hell!

strangechicken

Heres a lil something for ya... I am aware of the fact is not the best animation since Don Bluth.. But as a wise man once said "Indie: you get what you pay for." I hope you enjoy, this is part of the intro at the beginning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEtvA_5fTRE

posts combined, link updated by Darth
NOTE: you can just use the modify button instead of double-posting!

strangechicken

I just thought i'd post a little update, theres not many more cut scenes to do, and as it was when i started, the story is 100% done, Most of the game is finally built, a fair bit of scripting to do, HOWEVER I do require some voice actors, I need 2 males, and 1 female of any accent or nationality, the roles are as such

The female voice is: Miss Louise Wickham, A teacher of her mid 20's to early 30's

One male voice is: A blinded man reathing in pain (Have fun)

and the other male voice is: A business man (only a short cameo with a few lines)

If there are any takers i would be more than happy to accept anyone.

Its been a fair process, but i'm glad this is almost about to see the light of day.

Antipas

Hey Strangechicken,

I'm looking forward to this one, the story looks right up my street. If you need any beta-testers, just give me a shout!

Sorry I'm so late on this thread, but I;ve just got one comment. In your post of 27th December, you said you're using lots of freeware 3d graphics elements from sites like Renderosity. That's how I'm building my game too. I just wanted to check that you are aware that, if you use that stuff, it's usually a requirement to attribute the creator of any graphics you use in your game's credits, even if your game is non-commercial? You might already know that, but I just thought I ought to tell you, I wouldn't want you to get in trouble! I only found that out part-way through making my game, and then I had to go back to Renderosity, ShareCG etc, track down every graphic I had used, and find the name of the creator, which took me bloody ages!

Anyway, keep us posted wth updates, and keep up the good work.

strangechicken

Quote from: Antipas on Fri 25/02/2011 14:07:51
Hey Strangechicken,

I'm looking forward to this one, the story looks right up my street. If you need any beta-testers, just give me a shout!

Sorry I'm so late on this thread, but I;ve just got one comment. In your post of 27th December, you said you're using lots of freeware 3d graphics elements from sites like Renderosity. That's how I'm building my game too. I just wanted to check that you are aware that, if you use that stuff, it's usually a requirement to attribute the creator of any graphics you use in your game's credits, even if your game is non-commercial? You might already know that, but I just thought I ought to tell you, I wouldn't want you to get in trouble! I only found that out part-way through making my game, and then I had to go back to Renderosity, ShareCG etc, track down every graphic I had used, and find the name of the creator, which took me bloody ages!

Anyway, keep us posted wth updates, and keep up the good work.

yeah man, i'm posting all their names in the credits under the section "renderosity and share cg team," its only fair to the artists, and its also a great reference point to the people who wish to use the artists stuff in their games!,  i've been keeping track on most things as i get them where they came from.  But thanks for the heads up!

Also only need one male voice cameo, and a female cheers!

strangechicken

I've finally got back to this after getting my affairs in order (Alphabetical in fact)... anyways, I thought i'd kick this off again with a trailer I mocked up from some of the cut scene footage (warning i'm no walt disney in animation):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mml5woJ9_CE

Cheers guys

strangechicken

Alrighty, I didn't know wether to post this here or in completed: technically the game is completed! Whats missing is a few pretty pleasantries (1 or 2 inconsequensial interactions) and full voice acting (theres no in game voice acting at the moment),  otherwise its the complete deal, all lovingly put together in a lovingly yet disturbing way (Kinda like a "KFC Classic Bowl") So right now i've just uploaded the version i've got to Rapidshare AND now i'm sending it out to my beta tests. all in all it should be out in the next couple of weeks.

SC

ig299

graphics are really nice looking forward to this

strangechicken

As the observent can observe, I haven't updated this since 2012. The game is "technically" finished.. but unpolished and only about a quarter of the voice acting is done. However since I will probably never finish it, as I've moved on to other things in my life, at least never finish it in a polished version. So i've decided to just release the version i've been sitting on for about a year, its fully playable and completable. Because of the lack of polish I really don't want to make a "completed games thread." 

This was be the first game of an intended trilogy, the plot of which was written. However in light of all of this, it'll probably just be this standalone thing. So I hope you enjoy it.

Anyway, you can get the game here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1768/

Cheers, Aaron

Darth Mandarb

You might want to update the first post (adding a link to the download and maybe updating the screenshots (which are now missing)).  However, since this isn't in production anymore I'm gonna lock this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk