Talk view multiple frames [SOLVED]

Started by jjggag, Tue 07/12/2010 22:17:46

Previous topic - Next topic

jjggag

Hi,
The thing is, I have a character like Stan from Monkey Island, and I've made 11 frames for his talk view, however when he talks, he use just the first two of them. just 2 out of 2, repeatedly, what can I do?

Thanks.

Baron

Is your character facing the right direction?  The direction your character is facing determines the speech view.  So if your character is facing left (i.e. Loop 1), then Loop 1 of your speech view will play. 

Barring that, have you checked that each of your 11 frames in fact contain different sprites?  It's hard to tell if the sprites are very similar because of their small size in the View viewer....  And on that note, are you sure you've imported 11 unique sprites?  What does the talking view look like in the preview pane (under character, check animate for your talk view and look through the loops).  If something looks wrong there, it's probably one of the above.  If everything's fine, you've stumped me.

Khris

I know the problem; I guess you're using the MI template which has lip-sync activated.
It's set to use only the first two frames, frame 1 for the vowels and frame 0 for all other characters.
Double-click Lip sync in the project tree, then set the Type property to Disabled.

jjggag

It works! thank u so much Khris. And both for the fast answer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk