Jimmy the troublemaker 2 *update 2014-07-03*

Started by Mouth for war, Sun 12/12/2010 19:38:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouth for war

Or even better. I've decided to let the player choose how Jimmy shall behave. Early in the game you'll be asked how you want him to behave and you can choose "Be a jerk" or "Don't be a jerk" Hopefully that's a solution for everybody! :D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

arj0n

Mouth for war

I have absolutely no doubts about that Arj0n BUT...beware...the choice you make will affect the game as well ;)

Mouth for war

Hey! Hope everyone's allright today :D

Here's some new info and screenshots

I know that some of you didn't like it when Jimmy called you stupid, idiot, or whatever when you were trying stuff. That's why I'm doing something so everyone can be satisfied. When you arrive in Xandia, a textbox will appear and ask you if you want Jimmy to "Be a jerk" or "dont be a jerk" that way I hope everyone'll happy

The game will also become a little different based on your choice. some puzzles will have different solutions etc. I'll add lots of stuff and make sure there's more than one solution to most puzzles. But remeber that your karma will drop or raise depending on how you solve some puzzles ;)

to conclude "Be a jerk" will have Jimmy saying many negative things about the player if you try stuff Jimmy doesn't like and "Dont' be a jerk" will make Jimmy more understanding and friendly to the player
OH I've also added a teleportation system. You won't have to walk everywhere anymore. New places you visit will be added to the stone. Not EVERY single background though of course. That would be TOO lazy ;)

OH well, over to the new screenshots

Ok...I apologize for this joke...I was tired and hadn't slept much. I hope you can forgive me ;)

A nice little scenery I must say

arj0n

Mouth for war

Thanks :D I just need to keep a little focus now...it can't all be about running around doing stuff for bad or good karma...there must be something more solid to keep the game going forward too.
Oh well I'm doing the first part now carefully. And I'll think things through more careful this time before I decide to go with it. I wouldn't mind to have someone to talk ideas with. It's hard sometimes doing everything on your own :D in JTT 1 it was more "Yeah that's fun" but never thought that other people would like it or understand the puzzles.

Mouth for war

Woohoo screenshot time! I've been lazy lately but now I'm finally working hard on JTT2 again...I've been adding a few minigames and doing the usual bugfixes you always encounter! It's getting pretty big already. There's already 30 different backgrounds and it's very early in the game, AND I have many ideas to work with

I've almost decided that this will become 2 games, so you can probably expect a conclusion in "JTT3 - The final showdown" (not the real title btw :) )

Oh well, here's some semi-bad art to laugh at ;)

NickyNyce

I beg to differ, the style is very cool, I like it. Coming along nicely, all the backgrounds look good.

Mouth for war

thanks! :D I wasn't that serious though, I'm somewhat satisfied with the graphics :) Added a new feature today! Learning how to lockpick! If you encounter a locked chest or whatever a lockpicking minigame will start...I hope to create lots of different minigames this time :D

arj0n

"Still ugly as hell"  ;D

JTT2 is one of the games I'm eagerly waiting for.
I really like the graphical style but man, I love that style of 'hard/cynical humor'. :)

Mouth for war

Yeah I don't want a wimp to be the hero...it's got to be some sort of anti-hero hehe :D

Mouth for war

Here's the lockpick sequence. Yeah I know, it looks incredibly hightech ;)

NickyNyce

Loving the nipple, if all you had to do was squeeze the nipple to beat the mini game I would be satisfied, brilliant!!  :D

Mouth for war

Like I've said before....can't think of a better interact-Icon ;)

Atelier

I loved the first Jimmy the Troublemaker so I'm really looking forward to this one.

Mouth for war

Thanks! Glad you liked it...I mean LOVED it :D Here's a new screenshot...new environment. Can't have those forest screens all the time hehe. I'll probably add a winter environment as well :)

Tabata

It may be unseemly (for me as a girl), but I like your game (including the interact-icon)  

Hope, I am not nitpicking, but shouldn't your windmill turn the other way around?

NickyNyce

Yes Tabata...it appears Mouth for war has created the coolest   8)   interact icon...

Just wait till you see what he does with the new pull icon.....  :o
Quote from: Tabata on Fri 19/08/2011 22:25:01
It may be unseemly (for me as a girl), but I like your game (including the interact-icon)  

I officially like you even more now....  ;)

Oh...and yeah, the game looks great  

Grim

I think the only thing that stopped me from playing the first game was... the tiny little screenshots you had of it. I couldn't see what was on them at all. I actually stopped at that thread, saw how popular it was and thought: should I give this one a go? Then always steered away, thinking it was probably rubbish... ;)

Now, I look at these screens and man, they're really good and LARGE! Excellent! Now, this has already convinced me that I want to play the game and I sure will once it's out.

Also, I think it's bizzare how  your art style doesn't match your avatar... ;) While the game looks really sweet and cute ( fine, there's a boob, okay, but it's a cute boob, too) your avatar looks like a pissed off rock'n'roller surrounded with hungry beasts from hell, fighting for survival... ;)

Cool.    :)

Mouth for war

Tabata I agree with you about the windmill. I will change the direction.
Yeah I have to say I love horror and metal and blood 'n' gore BUT...I love cartoony games as well....so never judge a book by it's cover haha :D  And Grim I'm glad you like my art :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk