Jimmy the troublemaker 2 *update 2014-07-03*

Started by Mouth for war, Sun 12/12/2010 19:38:48

Previous topic - Next topic

gameboy

Mouth for war

mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Darth Mandarb

That's a pity man!  Let me know if you pick it back up and I'll unlock this.
Unlocked

Mouth for war

Here's something to look at! Fishingtime!!! :D

Oh! And I've added a hint system. But every time you press the hint button it will cost the player 5$ and I was thinking about how I could prevent people from misusing it (Like saving, get the hint and then reload the game) Should I make it "impossible" for the player to reload for the next 5-10 minutes after getting the hint or maybe just delete the function? hehe. Do you have any good ideas?

Darth Mandarb

My opinion; don't bother wasting time trying to prevent them from cheating!  If they want to cheat and ruin their experience just let 'em. 

Trying to stop people cheating is as futile as trying to stop piracy :) 

Cheater's'goan cheat.

BTW - love the new screen!

cat

Yeah, if anyone wants to cheat they'll use a walkthrough or hints and tips forums anyway.

Graphics are looking great, btw!

Mouth for war

Yeah I guess you're both right (About the graphics awesomeness) ;) no but about the hints...you're right.
There 's no way to prevent it. And thanks! Glad you liked it :D

NickyNyce

Really glad to see you working on this again. As always, love the backgrounds and the nipple icon. Waiting patiently for this

Mouth for war

Thanks NickyNyce! Good to hear that :) Oh allright...one more screen then :D

cpage

Looks way cool. I cant wait to play it. Looks a lot like the old Scurvyliver games  like That Night Before

Mouth for war

Thanks! Glad to hear it! So here's the less humorous part of the game...Wanted to make one part a little more serious (Well...as serious as I can with these types of graphics hehe)Do you dare explore the haunted house? ;) I really hope the frights I'm putting in will make you jump...at least a little :D hehe...Damn this game is getting pretty big. 45 backgrounds made and there's still many more things to be done so expect this to be a lot bigger than JTT1

arj0n

Mouth for war

SO......Do you have the urge to raise your bad karma? Why don't go berserk with the newly added gun?
You'll be able to shoot lots of different things if you want to :D Things are going nice and steady! 52 backgrounds are finished and they just keep on coming hehe

Evil Jimmy ;D

Mouth for war

Ok It sure took some noodlescratching but I just felt like this sequel had no major improvments when it comes to graphics and even though graphics aren't the most important thing I felt that if Jimmy the troublemaker is gonna return, everything should be better (I know some puzzles etc in the first sucked pretty bad) I've learned a lot more about making graphics since that first abomination and even though JTT2 was almost finished I just scrapped everything to present you with

THIS...

this is how Jimmy the troublemaker 2 - A little older, a little...wiser? will look :) It will take a little more time before you can play it of course but I think it will be worth it. The game itself has a little changed story. Instead of going back to the place you were in the first game it will now take place in a brand new world called Agimore (working world name for now, might change that) Jimmy is being taught a lesson for always being a douche...He is sent to that world where other evil things are happening to once again become an anti-hero. Just like in the first game you spend very little time in your own world before being sent to that new place...although there are more screens this time then just grampas old attic ;) I've saved some ideas from the old version of the sequel...like the karmasystem ...but I renamed it badass points...those will be gained when you do bad stuff...for example, sneaking in to your little sisters room and read her diary etc.

Hope you will like this new style :)

miguel

Looking very professional, good job!
What software/methods did you use for the graphics?
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Mouth for war

Thank you sir! I'm using Poser pro 2014 for everything :)

CaptainD

I wish you'd continued working on your Far Side style game, but this still looks cool. 8-)  Jimmy now reminds me of TinTin though!!

Mandle

Looks good!

One thing though, and it might be just me, but the S in the font you are using looks too much like a G I feel.

Looks like: MUGHROOM and BAD AGG POINTG to me.

NickyNyce

I agree, the S looks like a G. This looks really cool, I love the style, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Too many times you've crushed me by cancelling your projects. Hopefully this will get you to follow through this time. This looks really good...please finish it.

Mouth for war

Yeah but everyone knows it's an S ;D I'm actually also a little bothered by the 'S' but I liked the rest of the font so I just kept it. Not a big issue to change it though.

I promise I will finish this Nicky ;) I know some projects has been cancelled and I think that's beacuse I do everything myself...music,coding,graphics,designing (A lot of people do oneman projects I know) and sometimes you just feel "Ahhh to hell with it" but this will not be cancelled. Even my girlfriend told me 15 minutes ago "You really must work on this and finish it" haha. I wanted to make JTT2 for a long time and I did almost finish it when I just felt "No...I want Jimmy to return with POWER god damn it" This is how I wanted JTT to look like in the first place but I just sucked back then :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk