Jimmy the troublemaker 2 *update 2014-07-03*

Started by Mouth for war, Sun 12/12/2010 19:38:48

Previous topic - Next topic

NickyNyce

That forest pic looks 3D, very nice. I also loved the original graphics too, so it's a shame to know they won't be used.

Now take your time and hurry up with this, because I've been waiting to get into trouble.

arj0n

Quote from: NickyNyce on Thu 22/05/2014 01:47:07
Now take your time and hurry up with this, because I've been waiting to get into trouble.
Yeh, no hurries but hurry up! (laugh)

miguel

Take your time on your 8-hour-game-making schedule, you can rest on Sundays!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Adeel

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 21/05/2014 09:52:31
Looks good!

One thing though, and it might be just me, but the S in the font you are using looks too much like a G I feel.

Looks like: MUGHROOM and BAD AGG POINTG to me.

This is exactly my opinion too!

Mouth for war

I guess those old bg could become freebie stuff in the contribution thread if anyone wants them :-) maybe that old jimmy character as well...i did a lot of animations so i guess someone could make a game with those. Anyway thanks for showing your support everyone. :-) some features will be day/nightcycles...teleportation will be available...side quests to some degree. I am thinking hard about more stuff. More magical stuff i hope too
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Mouth for war

ok I'll share a new screenshot! I shared a little too much before I think hehe...I will present new screenies every now and then but not so often. Day and night cycles now working!!! :D

Adeel

It's good to see that you changed the font to something more readable. Nice work so far! :)

arj0n

Nice MfW, but I am gonna miss these oldschool graphicstyle...

Mouth for war

Thanks! I liked the other font more but as everyone pointed out...the s was bad. Arjon...how can you miss that crappy graphics i did before ;-) no they have some charm for sure but it just didn't feel fun to do a second game with almost the exact same graphics :-)

AprilSkies

Maybe old graphics was interesting... And it's understandable that many of us liked it a lot (because it's so ol school)... But new graphics, oh wow! It's very professional!!!! Good job, man! I like it.

There's an Italian Game Maker who made a game using "visionaire" that made a similar graphics: http://langolodelmenphis.weebly.com/
Maybe he used the same tool...

Anyway, wow. The last screenshot is Amazing. The moon-light is wonderful.

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Mouth for war

Thanks man! :) Ah well what do you know. I don't know if he used Poser for bg's but I think he used the same toon character pack I have haha! :D

Mouth for war

here's another piece of candy hehe :D

The good ol' shovel has made it's triumphant return so you'd better look for them digspots!!! Jimmy will also be able to learn how to climb....so take off to the treetops to find secrets :) This sequel will have nothing to do with the first game. It's a new world and new characters! Only some references to the first game will be included. Oh and Nicky, I just have to reassure you again that this WILL be  finished ;) Oh! You will also be able to choose Jimmy's behaviour...those who don't mind the insults can choose Bad behaviour it, and those who don't like that stuff can choose Good behaviour :D

Story has changed because the game takes place in a new world called Agimore(at least for now that's the name)

Marlak used to be Master Siphilos's (Not Syphilis as Jimmy will refer to him of course :D ) disciple but it was all a scheme to take his place as the new royal wizard. When they were set to try out a new spell, Marlak made sure that Siphilos would fail. The king banished him for killing innocent people. Marlak sealed Siphilos in a cave and he's the only one who has the power to stop Marlak,who uses his dark magic agains the king. If nothing is done, Marlak will eventually enslave the king and make himself the new ruler. It's up to our foulmouthed,illmannered hero to break the seal. In order to do that he must collect the Mura stones. Those stones contain tears from the ancient gods. With a little help from Vincent, a talking rabbit, those tears can be used to create destructive powers to break the seal...Hope it sounds interesting and that you like the new screenie :)

NickyNyce

Sign me up for the foul mouthed version. I like the bad ass points too.

If you do not release this game, I will hunt you down. No pressure...lol

Mouth for war

Somehow I choose to Believe that ;) Ok here's something new to look at. It's in the first town/village called Wynne (Continued from the last bg)  Where there's a few houses to explore, a shop,a tavern and the king's castle (To be made with interiors) Next will be the beach area! Development is going nice. I've made 27 bg's and about 17 characters since I first called out that Jimmy 2 will get a new look. Pretty fast I think :D Oh and I've also put in a "Notes" GUI to keep track of puzzles/quests etc.

AprilSkies

I'm really looking forward to try it ... so...
I dare you to finish it ASAP!!!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Mouth for war

Thanks! Haha yeah I'm working my ass off with this but I'm taking the weekend off just this once ;)

donkeymilk

I'm looking toward to this game,the graphics look great.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk