Bizarre Earthquake

Started by proximity, Fri 31/12/2010 06:36:53

Previous topic - Next topic

proximity

Bizarre Earthquake is a third-person point & click adventure game. The story is about a seismologist and her assistant who try to uncover the mysteries behind a bizarre earthquake they encounter. Cansu, the seismologist, is very ambitious. She will do anything to discover the truth and share it with the world to further her career. Her assistant, Bora, reluctantly assists her in this mysterious adventure.

FEATURES

* 2 playable and switchable characters.
* Each character has their own puzzles to solve. This means the player always has two options to progress through the story.
* Awesome graphics.
* Better animations than the indie standarts.
* Cinematic cutscenes.
* Large variety of bonuses await to be unlocked.

Planned release : February 2016. 

Release date : 2016 February

Thanks for your support to be Greenlit : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=572234923

Features :

* 2 playable and switchable characters.
   * Each character has its own puzzles, issues to deal with. It means player has always 2 options to progress through the story.
   * Awesome graphics.
   * Amazing animations.
   * Cinematic cutscenes.
   * Adventurous player statistics.
   * Large variety of bonuses depend on how adventurous you are.

Download demo (old version) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3R2BuE1oqRYZl9aOGx6am5yNVE/view?usp=sharing

Screenshots :

Proximity Entertainment

poltergeist

It looks great, Proximity!

Definitely looking forward to playing this :)

Kiwi

OMG :o I really want to play this game!! :P

Which program do you use for 3D imagens? I want to do a game like that ;D

Good luck with your project  ;)

proximity

Hi, thanks for comments. I want to show what AGS is capable of. Hope my game and other 3d projects will change Chris's idea to continue to develop AGS :)

I'm using 3d Studio Max 2009 and ArtGem for post effects. There is currently 3d Studio Max 2011 available. Most popular 3d modelling software in the world. Highly recommended.  You can visit Autodesk's web site if you're interested : http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?id=13567410&siteID=123112

I will update the thread with new screenshots soon.
Proximity Entertainment

PuNKKoMmANDO77

Ian Moone

I'm a little curious here...so you used the 3d software to generate the models, exported in formats that could then be used in AGS?

Seeing the dated posting here I was afraid that development was not continuing with AGS...in reviewing the features it looks VERY capable. It's a shame I didn't fall onto this tool years ago.

Kiwi

I'll try the 3d studio max that you said ;D  but i suck in a lot of programs, i'm not very good, even in AGS i suck!  :( I never finish a project  :-\  jajajaja good luck with the project

proximity

Thanks PuNKKoMmANDO77  ;)

@sterlingsmith; I used 3d software to generate those models, added them textures and rendered it to image output so AGS can use it. Like any other AGS games, i'm using old technique that you import sprites and backgrounds into AGS and animate them. The difference is my graphics look 3d, but the truth is they are 2d indeed, that's all :)

@Kiwi; i sucked at the very beginning of using 3ds max, but you know you level up when time passes and make things better. 3d Studio Max has a very detailed help file for so i'm sure you'll get used to it  ;)
Proximity Entertainment

Kiwi

Quote from: proximity on Sun 02/01/2011 05:06:26
@Kiwi; i sucked at the very beginning of using 3ds max, but you know you level up when time passes and make things better. 3d Studio Max has a very detailed help file for so i'm sure you'll get used to it  ;)

Thank you! I'll try it! I won't give up!!  ;D

m0ds

Looks like fun, I like the 3d backgrounds. It'll be interesting to see how you do the exterior locations! Good luck with the game.

proximity

Quote from: Mods on Mon 03/01/2011 16:48:36
Looks like fun, I like the 3d backgrounds. It'll be interesting to see how you do the exterior locations! Good luck with the game.

Thanks. Exterior locations consist of trees, grass, road etc. They are not as detailed as interiors so don't expect much. I will publish them soon.
Proximity Entertainment

proximity

I'd like to share Julia's screen shot :

Proximity Entertainment

T-Pr

as i said before , this is awesome you know , i'm looking forward to play it , and julia's model , but one of my friends told me that the one of the foot of Julia is bigger than the other a bit but i don't think this'll be a big problem in the game ,i  just  want to ask one more question , how many months you spent on 3DS max to do amazing works like this , i mean i tried it before , but i wasn't making organic modelling so i wonder how many months we need to give to model like this :D .

poltergeist

Quote from: T-Pr on Tue 11/01/2011 15:17:23as i said before , this is awesome you know , i'm looking forward to play it , and julia's model , but one of my friends told me that the one of the foot of Julia is bigger than the other a bit

That's just an 'optical illusion'. Sort of. It looks that way because of the angle the image was taken at.

I know I'm not Proximity, but I have some experience in 3D modelling so I'll explain why one foot can't be bigger than the other:

When working with 'symmetric' 3D models, concept artists often only flesh out one half of the character. This image is imported as a texture on a plane inside the modelling software (3DS Max or Maya or whatever) and a 3D model is created in relation to it. Once you're done fleshing out that half of the character, you mirror it and snap the vertices together in order to get a whole model.

So, as you see, the feet must be identical, unless the concept art demands asymmetry (in which case the guy modelling the character could just go in and do 'the thing' that needs to be done).

proximity

poltergeist, thanks for the explanation. Size difference between foots is incorrect. Foots are identical i can assure you, T-Pr :) As poltergeist said, it must be an optical illusion.

Man, i'd really love to make this game with AGS 3d. Please Chris, try at least ! For me ?  :o May be you'd like to anounce AGS 3d on the first of April ?  ::)
Proximity Entertainment

proximity

Proximity Entertainment

proximity

Hi, i published the game's trailer. It contains some Turkish words but don't worry, i just want to show you how the game and animations looks like :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvDJVVQH7qk

You don't need to watch after 1:30  ;)
Proximity Entertainment

Igor Hardy

It looks great in motion, proximity! Especially the earthquake scene. Looking forward to the finished release.

The trailer itself would have really benefited from different music though. The Inception trailer piece is too intense for what you're showing + it has become so widely used in trailer parodies etc. that it only distracts in this case, ruins the game's style even.

TheRoger

Well, what can I say. Epic music makes it epic  ;D
Though I don't really like 3D adventure games, except Sherlock Holmes series.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk