Insta Game: The Strange Planet

Started by Erica McLane, Thu 20/02/2003 13:02:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Erica McLane

Seven hundred years after the extinction of the human race on the desolate planet arrived a group of peaceful aliens and they maked a small village.
One day Sam Davidson, young pilot of the Burron race was flying over one unknow desert planet but suddenly he ran out of fuel. His ship crashed and the story begins here.
After some playing Sam will find the true: this desert planet is The Earth. What happened to the people? You will have to find...

This is my first serious game, made for one month. I hope you will like it.

Download here:
http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?category=6&action=download&game=178

Special thanks to all betatesters.

Sylpher

It's an Insta-Game Shmorgasborg! I just woke up and gotta go to work. But I will play as soon as I get home!

Sylpher

Finally home...

60 Sec opinion:
The switched up Hot-keys is a little confusing (People read the manual or you won't get far, Nice HTML help manual. Looks good!)

But still looks good. Not far yet...

(Double kudos on using erics Inv GUI!!)

180 Sec opinion:
Character walks slow

Story is getting interesting!

Timosity

I've downloaded it but I haven't played it yet, I've been too busy making my February MAGS game, as soon as tha's done, I'll tell you what I think,

Congrats on finishing the game Erica

Neole

I pestered ratracer with his Uncertainty Machine till he changed it - so I'll pester you too - the main character moves too slow! Maybe I'm a little impatient type, but I like to get to the next screen quick as possible when i want to!

Barcik

There is a reason for the Options screen, you know...
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Erica McLane

Barcik - what do you mean by this?
Neole - I don`t thing it`s slow. But I may change it for the next version.

Barcik

I mean you can change the game speed to make the character go faster...
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Erica McLane

I will add an option to speed up the character`s walking in v1.1

Timosity

Hey Erica,

I finally got round to playing the game, It took me quite a while to finish it, but got there in the end, but after I finished something weird happened.

Spoiler
It gave you an option at the end to continue and I chose yes I think, then there was a gui with 3 files and I clicked one and the game aborted, now everytime I try to load a saved game it takes me to the end screen and I can't move or do anything. and every saved game I try takes me to this same spot.

I just wanted to restore a game just before that option near the end where you choose to stay or something else, now I have to start again to get back to that point.
[close]

Good job, I enjoyed it and got stuck in a few places.

ratracer

Erica,
I haven't got very far but I'm enjoying it. Exploring "strange planets" always has a weak spot in my heart.

I don't know if this is a bug:
I have trouble restoring a game that's not the most recent. If I place the cursor on one of the savegames and I click it, the highest on the list (the mostrecent) is the one that gets highlighted and restored...!

And BTW, I also don't think the character is slow - but, then, me and Neole have "difference of opinions" on walking speed heheh!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk