Haha but unlike Benidorm, m0ds, no lip contact happened there. And as far as I know, there's no eyeball licking photos in existence, so we're safe for now.
Anyway, now that I've had a suitable night's sleep in my own bed and have had a day of work, I can unleash the sentimentality that's been building up ever since everyone left and I got to spend an extremely Post-Mittens Depressiony time in Dublin.
So, first and foremost: thank you. Thank you to all the Mittens regulars, the recent regulars, and the newbies. You are all the best people I know, and the main reason we all get PMD is because it's a shame to think that we only get to see each other one week out of the year. However, I consider myself extremely lucky to be able to share that week with all of you. The last night in Rosslare, CJ, Layabout and I were talking about vacation time from work and CJ commented how he was impressed I used my one week a year of vacation for Mittens, but honestly I couldn't think of a better use for it.
Despite the minor hiccups (lack of hot water/having to bathe with jugs, travel problems) this was probably the best Mittens I've ever been to.
Individual messages? Sure, why not?abstauber
- You sir, are the most positive and cheerful person I've met in a long time. I hope you attend many more Mittens. I owe you for the help that last night in Dublin when you so kindly got me water before the "volcanic eruption" in the bin outside Abrakebabra. AGA
- You're part of the Mittens furniture, but this year we shared some experiences I'd rather forget. Despite the eyeball licking and having to see your pale Welsh behind though, it was a blast.bicilotti
- Francesco...oh, Francesco. We all know I have developed a man-crush on you. The most stylish and classy pervert I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. Sorry I couldn't "unload."cat
- I've never met anyone so enthusiastic about jacuzzis and drinking in them. You bring a welcome enthusiasm to the group and I'm glad you came back this year.Creed Malay
- I always look forward to spending time with you. Your creativity is amazing, and working together on crazy ideas always proves fruitful.CJ
- Always a pleasure seeing you. Your willingness to play along with all the crazy ideas and enthusiasm to just have a great time is always inspiring. Thank you for making AGS and allowing all of this to exist in the first place.Disco
- Our organizer! Thanks for pulling everything off and for being another entertaining member of the Mittens crew. No thanks for that one night with the towel. You know what I'm talking about.Esseb
- Though I didn't talk to you as much this year, having you around was still fun. I think you made up for Berian sleeping this time around.Jake
- Kissing Chicken? Really? Well, it looks like we're the new Valentine's Day splash screen. Good to see you again, and sorry I only honored my buying pints promise once.Kim
- Also great seeing you again, and thanks for playing along with our movie! Your banshee scream still haunts me to this day. Layabout
- Like I said at The Celt, having Mittens in Ireland without you would just have seemed wrong. Fantastic hanging out again. I haven't laughed as hard as I did with the Banshee Hunter for a while. LimpingFish
- I'm also glad you came, and stayed the full time. I really enjoyed seeing the caterpillar grow wings, and count our drunken conversation in the streets of Wexford among my favorites of the week. The guy I said goodbye to after Cafe En Seine was completely different to the one I greeted at Connoly Station, in the best way possible.Magintz
- Another fun travel companion through the craziness of Dublin. Next time I hope you can make a full Mittens, you're fun to have around.Matt
- Dear Matthew, who would I have touched all week if not you? See you on Skype later... oh god.Miez
- A gentleman and a scholar...as well as a capturer of horrible drunken activities! But you're my favorite Dutchman, and I'm always happy to enjoy your company.m0ds
- What can I say? You're also a main reason Mittens exists, and I can't thank you enough for that. Also, I appreciate the help with the movie. Always a pleasure.Ouxx
- Unfortunately we didn't have too much interaction, but when we did speak it was enjoyable. Sorry we couldn't hang out in Dublin.Snarky
- I really enjoyed our talks this year, and feel I got to know you a lot better. Hey, I told you all about my post-Ben Jordan game, and I wasn't even drunk! That's gotta mean something.Tzach & Noa
- You two were a delight. It's always a bit of a worry when new people show up and you wonder how they'll adapt to the insanity of Mittens, but you fit right in (that's a compliment, I assure you!) Thanks for keeping me company the last couple of days in Dublin.
So, now that all that's overwith, here's my pictures!http://www.grundislavgames.com/mittens2011
And here's the Voyeur Bathroom Panoramahttp://www.grundislavgames.com/mittens2011/panorama.jpg
So that was Mittens! I'll have the movie edited and out after BJ8 so as not to spoil anything, but I'll probably pass along clips via PM as I get them together.
Oh yeah, and I didn't meet a single Seamus! Ireland, I officially want my money back!