AGS Awards 2010! [RESULTS!]

Started by , Sat 08/01/2011 17:55:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

Quote from: Dualnames on Sun 06/02/2011 04:04:21
You got nominated goddamn you! You owe this to me! You know how much money did I send to bicilotti?!

Shh! If everyone finds out, they'll know I'm trying to buy this election!

Also, kick ass presentation, Bicilotti.

SSH

I forget, exactly, however this says there were 110 people submitted nominations a few days before voting closed in the awards for 2008, and before that it was write-in rather than the current form, and there were far fewer. There's a retrospective of the awards for 2007 here.

Dualnames

AWESOME POST THEO!! You sir, just made my day. Mostly cause that was the blog post title (almost) that can be found here
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

bicilotti

Quote from: SSH on Mon 07/02/2011 05:55:31
I forget, exactly, however this says there were 110 people submitted nominations a few days before voting closed in the awards for 2008, and before that it was write-in rather than the current form, and there were far fewer. There's a retrospective of the awards for 2007 here.

Thanks for the number! Judging from the first blog post those seem votes rather than noms, am I wrong?

SSH

Oh yes, you're right. Well, unless I posted something on the forums at the time, I don't know the number of noms.

Igor Hardy

Sweet image, Theo :D

But I wonder how Jack is holding himself on that tree. His technique looks pretty suspicious...

Quote from: SSH on Mon 07/02/2011 05:55:31

Thanks for the info. Even without definite numbers for 2008, it seems like it's safe to say the numbers are growing each year.

bicilotti

And since more than someone was interested:

http://shutupload.com/dl/b991c55d5808/ <-- source files of the presentation (one day i should convert it into a "pinball text module", but these months are busy for me)

m0ds

Trippy nominations thingy Mr b ;) Nice one!

Monsieur OUXX

Can't wait to vote.

EDIT: The Journey down is an awesome game, but it doesn't have particularly brilliant puzzles (most of the time you just click on an object to unlock the progress of the story). So I'm not surprised it's nominated in every possible category, except for the "puzzles" one.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I appreciate all the Man-ominations for Hard Space.  It shows that manly men still DO exist, after all, and like to make manly poses with their pants off whilst saving galaxies from certain doom.

To all you manly men (and women) I say thank you.  Just make sure you cast your manly votes as well when the final round surfaces, and perhaps I will make a manlier sequel with more action, sex, and mystery.

And here's a special message from the captain himself to all of his fans:

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Ouxxey_games on Tue 08/02/2011 10:01:23
Can't wait to vote.

EDIT: The Journey down is an awesome game, but it doesn't have particularly brilliant puzzles (most of the time you just click on an object to unlock the progress of the story). So I'm not surprised it's nominated in every possible category, except for the "puzzles" one.

Actually TJD is nominated in puzzles too. It's nominated in every eligible category except for programming.

bicilotti

By the way, there has been some delay on vote-page-setup because of me being thick.
Few more days and all should be cake!

Ponch

To all the Barn Runner fans, I want to say thanks for the nomination. And if I win an AGS award (having never done so in all the years I've been a member here  :'(  ), then I promise I'll release Barn Runner: Fully Automatic Mojo (AGS Award Winning Special Edition) with an especially sexy ending!  :D

That's right! I'm willing to buy your vote with cheesecake!  :=

The choice is yours, AGS Community!*

- Ponch

Calin Leafshade

Were you aware that that police officer seems to have no pants on?

Ponch

Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Thu 10/02/2011 16:59:45

Shh! I'm trying to buy votes here!  ;)

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 10/02/2011 17:15:10
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Thu 10/02/2011 16:59:45

Shh! I'm trying to buy votes here!  ;)

Buy her some pants first!

Dualnames

I'm fine with her pants gone missing. Why isn't her top missing though? FOR REALZ BRO!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk