Font Quest!! [completed succesfully!]

Started by Darth Mandarb, Fri 04/02/2011 01:52:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Mandarb

Greetings y'all.

I put together some mockups for a friend of the family quite a few months back.  He finally came back 'round wanting to pick up where we left off.

Here's the rub;

The development files were on my laptop; which blew up a few months ago.  I was able to hook up the laptop HD to my current rig and was able to get the mockups!  But not the development files :(  The PSD folder in the directory was kaput!  I have scoured the web, my hard-drive, the fonts directory on the laptop HD, and my sanity all to no avail.  I cannot remember the font I used.

That's where you, the good people of AGS, come in!

Here's the font:

If any of you recognize it and/or find it on the web I'd be eternally grateful!  I might even bake you some cookies (shouldn't they be called bakies?)

Anyway... thanks for any/all help!

ddq

Forte MT Regular?
http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/itfmecanorma/forte/regular/

Thanks to my good friend WhatTheFont.com. It's helped me out a number of times.

Darth Mandarb

THANK YOU GOOD SIR!!

What kind of cookies do you like??

ddq

White chocolate chip macadamia nut, please! I mean, uh, all in a day's work for Font Man!

wooshes away...

Dualnames

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Fri 04/02/2011 02:28:07
THANK YOU GOOD SIR!!

What kind of cookies do you like??

Give him poison cookies plz. :D

k thx bai.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

ThreeOhFour

*stabs Dualnames with a poison icecream*

Is your own medicine as delicious now that you have tasted it as you claimed it was when you prescribed it!? IS IT!?  >:(

:=

Back on topic, holy crap, what an awesome idea WhatTheFont is. Thanks for sharing!

Squinky

Totally adding whathefont to my bookmarks. I hate making up something, then coming back months later to find I forgot what font it was.

Darth Mandarb

That is a very cool site!

Usually, in my development files, I keep notes of all fonts, colors, etc.  But the PSDs folder (where I keep all of this) was lost.

It's my own fault really.  I should have made more frequent backups.

I went back to the dying hard-drive and was able to locate the font in the partially fragged fonts folder.  All good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk