Resource depot

Started by Renegade Implementor, Sun 27/02/2011 21:20:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegade Implementor

The purpose of this thread is to serve as a place for people to display a resource (be it background, character sprite, music, etc) that will periodically be collected and added to one of the resource packs on the RoN site.

To start things off:

Abandoned house in RoN forest (Krysis style)
Front

Rear

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Oh cool.  I'll be happy to drop some of the resources I've made here for your adaptation and use, beginning with:

Frank Malone: Prison Edition

I designed these originally for DC's game, I think, but he didn't really keep in touch so I didn't bother working on it further.  I might be bribed into doing Frank's walkcycles in his suit, and maybe a few other things if you're really nice and shower me with things!

And talk cycles for Melt and Drake!

Looking through my RoN folder, that's pretty much all the stuff I haven't thrown out there, aside from maybe this:

kconan

Those characters look awesome, and lined up like that its as if they are all impatiently waiting for someone to put them in a comedic murder mystery.  

I guess folks are busy with games set in their own universe (I am), but its still kind of surprising there aren't more RON games from the "loner style" developers with the depth of resources out there.

Renegade Implementor

According to his Twitter, DC's currently in Hong Kong.

ProgZmax, wonderful stuff as always.  Who knew Frank could pull off the prison jumpsuit look so well.

Just to run down the list of lined-up characters:

Punk Allen - Recognizable as Punk Allen, the physical presence is fantastic.
Death - Tall, imposing, the fact that you've shown only the eyes gives the character a greater feeling of cosmic importance (for lack of a better term)
Davy - The fact that you've given him different coloured clothes is a welcome break from his standard black outfit.  Great facial expression.
Guido - I like the compromise you came up with regarding Guido's nudist habits.  It's more manageable than a floating "censored" sign.
Chef Lucca - Although physically different, you can still see the family resemblance with Guido in the face.
Melt - Melt's expression is perfect and is his posture.
Drake - His height acts as a great contrast to Melt's, and again you nailed the character's posture.  I might be wrong, but this may be the first (or one of the first) sprites of Drake to give him a nose.  It'd be interesting to see him in his overcoat.
Frank - The subtle differences between both Franks are clear in showing at two opposite emotional points.
? - Great looking figure but I can't place him.  The outfit seems to suggest it's police constable Leon Evans, but the face & figure suggests a pre-teen.  The vest is nicely shaded & I like how you've layered the hair.
Gower - The formal wear looks great (love the top hat), and his tongue is a wonderfully grotesque touch.  Will there perhaps be a two armed version sometime in the future?

Seeing the lineup of who you've done so far makes me want to see them fully animated & more characters done in your style.  Again, great stuff.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I'm pretty sure the kid was something someone asked me for help with some time ago.

As far as implementing ALL of these go, ugh.  Wow.  Money/things/sex would help, because I'm swamped with work right now!  I could probably draw the characters in their 4 direction standing poses for someone else to animate, though.  Does Gower need two arms?  I thought he had one missing...I can fix that.

Also, if you have a screenshot or sprite image of Drake with an overcoat on I can draw him with one.  Initially I drew all of these from a reference but that was ages ago (except for Gower).  I actually showed Davy the designs I had in mind for Melt and Drake and he loved them and even suggested the bands for their shirts ;).

Oh, and I found a few more designs in one of my other folders so I cleaned them up and added them here along with a few new ones.

Renegade Implementor

There's no jaw-drop smiley so you'll just have to imagine one.  The additional characters are amazing.

Oh, and I wasn't trying to imply that you animate everything right away.  Just something that would be nice to see eventually happen one day.  There's no money fund/the things are rather vague/and you're on your own for the last item. :)

Anyway, I'll get that sprite of Drake in overcoat to you later on in the day.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Realized I had some older designs I'd made with hooky and omnikitten so I translated those over to the new style.

Monsieur OUXX

It's such a shame that there isn't a walkcycle for each of these characters. I'd stop using anything else and I'd start designing games strictly based on these characters for the rest of my life.

Armageddon

Freaking awesome character art, RON really needs a face lift, someone should make a game and redraw the entire town and character. I demand a chicken sprite. *points gun at ProgZ*

WHAM

Quote from: ProgZmax on Mon 07/03/2011 00:00:39
Realized I had some older designs I'd made with hooky and omnikitten so I translated those over to the new style.

Really nice looking art. Like many others, I would probably also try making a RON game if there just were some readymade walkcycles for these.
No matter, I just wanted to compliment! =)
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Animating all these guys the way I'd have to do it to be pleased with the result?  I just don't have time for it right now, or the interest to be honest.  Some of these I made as a favor (Frank, Greyson, Melt and Drake and Omnikitten), others I made for fun just to see how they'd look, and to be honest there are some I'd rework and there are also RoN characters I'd never design simply because to me they're too ridiculous and best left in the past (the chicken is one of those, sorry).

Thanks for your comments, though, and if someone is really serious about using these and can animate them I can probably be talked into providing the directional poses at least.

Armageddon

It would be really cool if you made front pose talking for these guys, Because most of them won't even walk at all. And in the future if someone wants to make a RoN game you or them could animate a few for the purposes of the game. I'm just trying to figure out how to remake the town in a new style, or even make a RoN logo. :=

Eggie

Honestly though, there's no reason why someone using these sprites for still NPCs couldn't just jiggle their jaws around a little bit in Paint  for talking without bugging ProgZmax to do a whole animation. It might look crude but it would be perfectly functional, aahh, RON's mantra.

bush_monkey

I've got a couple of backgrounds I've done for Exposed Reality (still on the way, fact fans).

I'll upload them as soon as I get my PC back (I got myself an iMac G4 to tide me over... Couldn't resist, they're so cheap now but still sexy ;D)

Anyway back on topic: These are awesome sprites, ProgZmax. I might steal a couple for my next game.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Eggie's right.  If you really want to make a game then you should be prepared to do some work of your own.

I had some time tonight and was feeling bored so I reworked Davy and gave him some directional poses.

The main thing I focused on with him was trying to design this total geek to somehow be in the realm of attractiveness, at least enough to draw a college grad like Mika.  I mean seriously, he's in high school so he's got to at least look relatively nerd chic.  Anyway, I think he more or less looks pretty good now so I would consider him final.

Edit:

And since Renegade requested it, here's a grown up Leon in his police uniform.  I wanted to make it look more legit so I added a gun and shoulder holster and some fancy while lines down his pants.

Edit:

Directions for the reaper himself.

And Melt.

Armageddon

I love your colors ProgZ. Leon is awesome. I don't care for Davy's red shirt.

And I was only making a suggestion, jeez...

helios123

I had made an updated version of the RON AGS template a few months back. You can read more about it here.
That's all for now,
helios123

Ponch

Quote from: helios123 on Sat 19/03/2011 17:52:14
I had made an updated version of the RON AGS template a few months back. You can read more about it here.

Cool. I'll download it and give it a look. Thanks!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I'm pretty happy with how Dee Vee Ess turned out so I'll probably do some basic anims for him and perhaps use him in a game.  I'll be releasing the main animations I make as I go.

Gave him a nice villain creepwalk.

JD

That looks awesome Progz, love the walk animation!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk