A Night At Camp Ravenwood

Started by Secret Fawful, Wed 09/03/2011 03:29:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Secret Fawful

8/17/2011: Updated first post with the final main character and a character synopsis.

Tabata

I am pretty sure, that I will love this game!

Lovingly designed characters, a cool story with a mix of horror and humor topped with that Guybrush- feeling can't get me wrong  ;D

KiraHaraReturns

awesome work, I just feel like back in time in 1991 as I played Monkey Island 2 for the first time

fózi

This is awesome.

You haven't halted production, have you? What is the progress? I enjoyed pretty much the artwork, story, setting and mood. It seems an authentic 1990 classic. I hope you make it happen.

Darth Mandarb

fozi - please read the forum rules before necro-posting any more threads.

secret fawful - when you want/are ready to post an updated let me know!

m0ds

Necro person! Thank you Darth. Some excellent news in the world of Camp Ravenwood, hopefully Micheal won't be too bothered about this :P He's kindly decided to write it under the alcoholic influence of Screen 7. Of course he keeps full creative control, he just gets a nifty forum and a bloody great Screen7 banner at the front of his game! So thanks Micheal. Great of you to go that way.

If you don't know, Mr Fawful is also making the background art for Kinky Island, and we will work together in the future on a new game comissioned to us by John Passfield (Amazon Queen). So watch this space, exciting times... Ravenwood was enjoyed at AdventureX where we saw a rolling demo of the intro with screaming people and Monkey Island campfires. And that, amongst all the other reasons you've read - is why this will be a teh fabulous game! Best of luck guys!

Armageddon

I don't know why anyone would want a Screen7 banner at the start of their game, but I still can't wait for it! And that commissioned game for John Passfield sounds very interesting indeed.

Secret Fawful

Mark and I were already collaborating, and since I have no company of my own, I decided to ask Mark to develop the game under his. I'm very happy for the game to have it's home at Screen7.

Surdy

Hi Secret Fawful,

Ahhh, good old memories from another times: Guybrush and his nice crew, Elaine Marley Lechuck and so on... from my Amiga 500 in 1990.  ;D

If you are interested in a free french translation, I am your man.

Thanks

delancie

Is there a particular pixel editor that you use to create your backgrounds?  I have always been amazed at people who can do this.  Are these drawn into the computer with a light-pen?  Looks great!

Secret Fawful

Some Deluxe Paint 4, some The Gimp....but mostly The Gimp.

Secret Fawful

First post updated with a click by click video showing off the production of a background from the game and some music from the game.

DutchMarco

Just finish the game, OK?it looks so mucch like MI1 & MI2 (plus it has a cool plot) that I want to play!

Fitz

Quote from: Secret Fawful on Mon 02/01/2012 17:16:15
Some Deluxe Paint 4, some The Gimp....but mostly The Gimp.

THE Deluxe Paint? A.k.a. DPaint? My favorite pixel editor back in the 90's!

Aaanyway... A fun little clip - though I was hoping to see the background being drawn from start to finish. And the music - love the way it changes the mood as it goes.

fózi

Hey, everything is looking terrific, the music is awesome too! Keep pushing forward, good work!

m0ds

For your entertainment, I've uploaded the preview Micheal kindly sent to AdventureX in 2011 and he's allowing me to share it here. You can see for yourself the work in progress intro that was presented  8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw943qoUljo

The music in the vid didn't quite sync up, and was written after AdventureX - but  thanks for the comments on that other track :)

fózi

Hey, just watched the video! Great work, very moody, also the sound work fits perfectly! I just think that it could have a bit more of animations like vegetation swaying the in wind.

Looking forward to this! YOU GOT THE TOUCH.... to make an adventure game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYAAbbuEpnw

CosmoQueen

Awww why must you make a game I can die in? Everyone should know by now I'm scared of those! For the love of God plz put in an auto save!!! LOL
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

m0ds

Here's a piece of music from my concept score which is a test - the first time I've tried to emulate sounds of LucasArts days gone by, using the OPL-3 FM 128M soundfont. It was actually a way old AGS thread that led me to this soundfont. Woot!

LTGiants2000

Quote from: m0ds on Thu 24/05/2012 19:59:34
Here's a piece of music from my concept score which is a test - the first time I've tried to emulate sounds of LucasArts days gone by, using the OPL-3 FM 128M soundfont. It was actually a way old AGS thread that led me to this soundfont. Woot!

I like this piece a lot....it actually reminds me of one of my all-time favorite RPG's Earthbound (Mother 2) for SNES. Thanks for sharing!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk