MAGS April: "Time" (CLOSED)

Started by Atelier, Fri 01/04/2011 16:28:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Hudders

Quote from: mode7 on Wed 04/05/2011 15:53:55
Quote from: Hudders on Wed 04/05/2011 13:27:35
I'm getting an error, mode7:

QuoteUnable to determine startup path: GetShortPathNameW failed. The specified game file might be missing.

Strange what os are you on?
Anyone else getting this error

I'm using WINE. I will try it on Windows when I get home.

abstauber

@Mode7: Absolutely terrific! Now you have to excuse me, I need to play Another World again until you get the full version done :)

Spoiler
the last door only only let me in after I tried for about 5 times
[close]

hedgefield

Presenting

Weathered special agent Jake Brewer is called upon once more to secure the safety of his nation. But this time he only has 15 minutes before everything goes tits-up. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO STOP THESE TERRORISTS IN TIME?

Download the game HERE.

p.s. Thank god for sprite file compression. It sized the EXE down from 123 mb to 23 mb! Ironically if I zip them both up the resulting files only differ by 1 mb...

Mad

@Mode7: Fantastic! You've done the game that obviously inspired this absolute justice, but I had the same problem as Abstauber:
Spoiler
I actually needed a lot more goes at the final hurdle until I finally succeeded than Abstauber's very respectable five . Although the door was always far from fully closed, the character wouldn't enter! At the end, I think I cheated: I quit the game, as the protagonist was standing right beside the door. After starting the game up again, the autosave feature put the character in that exact same spot, and I could just effortlessly walk through the doorway!
[close]
So, maybe you'll have to look into that for the final game. (Please, sir, I want some more! ;))

Now on to hedgefield's entry, and hopefully some more...

WHAM

God I almost had a friggin' heart attack! No backups and AGS gave me an error how it was unable to compile the exe due to "currupt memory". One reboot later all seems well again. Phew.

Will post the actual game in a few hours, the competition looks tough, though...
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Matti

So, I had to rush it a little but managed to make a stable and hopefully bug-free version of RunAway.

Don't expect too much, I didn't start this for the competition and I only worked on it for approximately 7 days. It was just a little idea I had and started to work on. I had to cut back on a lot of things like music, two-player mode and the graphics in general, but in case I get enough positive feedback I might work on it again later on.

Get it here.

Atelier

Awesome six entries thanks and well done to everybody. Wham the pressures on! :)

WHAM

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1426

Of the Essence
Can you escape impending doom?

If I am not mistaken, this might also be the first AGS game to feature achievements! Correct me if I am mistaken!  ;D
I was mistaken...  :(
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Rocco

Quote from: Atelier on Wed 04/05/2011 19:40:07
Awesome six entries thanks and well done to everybody. Wham the pressures on! :)

i'm awaiting the proofreading badly, so the pressure is on me now, i guess.  :P

Diath

Wow! Very strong entries! Good theme I would have to say

Matti

Nice work, Mode7, but I already told you that.

Spoiler
I can't seem to get through the closing door though, even when it looks like I'm quick enough.
[close]

Rocco

City of Thieves: Rescue Sandy

Burglar Simulation

Download the game HERE.

Bulbapuck

Wow! So many games to play :D

I´m stuck in "concurrence":
Spoiler
I´m at the vines, now what? Feeling like a complete idiot here ::)
[close]

WHAM

Had a quick try at all the games. Good stuff in here. I'll write short few sentence reviews on all of them and post here. At the moment I feel very good about two games, and will give those two a lot more time before deciding on who I will vote.

arj0n

@Bulba:
Spoiler
use an inventory item on them
[close]

Igor Hardy

Wow, so many games! :o This is a great edition of MAGS - too bad I didn't have enough time to participate.

arj0n

Darn, can someone please upload WHAM´s "Of the Essence". His host is down again...

Khris

Wow, a total of seven games, that's got to be a record!

15Minutes:
Very stylish, great overall concept, a bit too easy though.

City of Thieves:
Spoiler
Just finished it, is it possible to get the 20,000? I'm pretty sure I got all the money out of both locations.
[close]
Wow, I definitely see you spending all your nights creating this, can't imagine the amount of work you put into this. The minigames are nicely done and
Spoiler
I felt actual tension when the police showed up during the second burglary
[close]
:D

Concurrence:
Damn impressive, coding the movements must have been a nightmare. The graphics are beautiful, love the birds whooshing by closely in the intro.
Spoiler
I'm still stuck at the screen with the two little platforms. I managed to run-jump to the second one, but I can't jump from standing, he always makes a step first and plunges to his death. Help?  
[close]

Of The Essence:
I finally managed to play through this using JoyToKey, the scripted events were perfectly paced, digging the artillery explosions. Now add diagonal walking and native Joystick support ;D

Run Away:
I couldn't get far, I'm constantly getting stuck behind trees or houses and there seems to be a bug with shooting the bazooka upwards (the nine fields include the one I'm standing on and it's game over).
Will give this another try once I understood the controls properly.

Mirror for OF THE ESSENCE

TomatoesInTheHead

So many entries, great! When was the last time that a MAGS had this many entries?

Congrats to all of you on finishing (or finishing a reduced version)!

Haven't played any of them yet, but will do so tomorrow, probably. :)

Hudders

I thought 15 minutes was hilarious!

Of the Essence is also a lot of fun.

Concurrence is nicely styled but I found the controls awkward and gave up on it in frustration after falling to my death for the billionth time. I'm still stuck in the same place as Khris.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk