bad week

Started by Matti, Fri 22/04/2011 02:36:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Matti

Okay, so I lost my cell phone on saturday, my wallet on tuesday and today I almost got beaten up (well, it ended in one punch on the ear).

Do you have weeks of disproportionate misfortunes? Gimme some ease, guys..

Chicky

That sucks dude!

I've had a pretty shitty month, found my mini in the car park with a crumpled nose  :'( broke up with my girlfriend and i have crap all money and no car. But hey, things always wind up getting better! The only way is up!  :=

Dualnames

Well, Marvin said something I always found out funny and true.

"Funny, how just when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does."

There was this month in my life when I my car crashed, I almost got fired, I had no money (had to fix the damages on the car), I couldn't go out with my friends, I almost was about to fail my classes at the uni, and it was December 17th.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

ThreeOhFour

Now I can have you for me, Chooky!

Come to Ben  :=

Matti

Hey Ben, this thread's sole purpose is to comfort me in some way, your post didn't help at all..

..shame on ye..

ThreeOhFour

...I suppose you could join in with me and Chooker, if that would help  ;)

I don't think I've ever had a week bad enough to post about in here! (Or maybe I only ever remember the good stuff :P)

Matti

If my ear wouldn't still be "deafly" I'd only remember the good stuff from today too  ;)

..and yeah, have your way with Chooky..

Stupot

I've had possibly the shittiest month and a half of my life and it's not finished yet.
My "year abroad" in Japan has been left in tatters... not by the quake itself (clearly that couldn't be helped and far more people have suffered far worse than me as a result), but by some very bad decision making by my university, which has simply caused me more effort and administrative hassle than anyone should have to bother with.  I won't go into it here but for the general gist, read the penultimate and antepenultimate posts in My Blog.

On top of that, which I haven't mentioned in the blog, is that I've had to go to the doctors for a problem 'downstairs' and he's sending me for a scan... I'm sure is nothing serious, but it's going to delay my return to Japan even more... To say this month has been a 'ball-ache' is an understatement  :-\

straydogstrut

You have my sincere sympathies mate, that's pretty shit=(

I hope you manage to get back to Japan and that everything works out okay at the Doctors.

nihilyst

Two days ago, I sucked at my final exams. Out of all the the possible text passages, both profs confronted me with those that I found the hardest. As I result, I sucked at the translation and came out with the worst possible grades. And as sugar on top, the guy from the examination office shook his head and asked me, how I, apparently having no sense for language whatsoever, could have made it this far at all. Thanks, bitch ...
Now to decide whether to do the exams again or just live with it.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: nihilyst on Fri 22/04/2011 20:21:07
And as sugar on top, the guy from the examination office shook his head and asked me, how I, apparently having no sense for language whatsoever, could have made it this far at all.

What the hell is wrong with people? You should get that guy fired!

Chicky

Quote from: Ben304 on Fri 22/04/2011 03:42:17
I don't think I've ever had a week bad enough to post about in here! (Or maybe I only ever remember the good stuff :P)

"That was a pretty shitty week... oh wait! I made another game! COMPLETED GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS, NEW POST, GO!!!"

3 way  :=

dbuske

The university for me was the best years of my life.
I was a solid A student in Religious Studies and philosophy.
During that time I was with the Sacred Heart Fathers and Brothers.
Lots of community support and great friendships.
I eventually decided to leave the Order because I wanted to be married at some time.
I should have stayed, because I couldn't do anything with a religion and philosophy degree.
Although I am Married with no kids...
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

R4L

Well, this week is my last week of college. I'm failing every class, and it's supposed to be my last semester. I really messed up this time... just didn't get my priorities straight.

Oh, and possibly getting evicted from my apartment. AND, as an added bonus, my car is on the verge of breaking down. Tomorrow will be spent working and then replacing spark plugs and plug wires... yay.

I don't know what my deal is, but I feel like I'm seeing myself in a third perspective, just watching myself not giving a shit about anything.

Tuomas

My gf's got her periods :(

Igor Hardy

Wow, has this become a neverending bad week of AGS members!? When the thread started on April the 22th it was already in progress.

Wish you all some good luck for a change!

Mr Flibble

Quote from: Tuomas on Tue 03/05/2011 17:45:32
My gf's got her periods :(

Would you rather she hadn't?
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Tuomas

Not really, I could always sue.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk