(deleted)

Started by (deleted), Wed 18/05/2011 20:28:06

Previous topic - Next topic

(deleted)

(deleted)

Dualnames

OMFG CART LIFE IS OUT!!!!
WOW, I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR YEARS. (Really!)

:D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Igor Hardy

Wow! Congratulations, Richard! Now I must quickly finish Night of the Testicle (not to mention some chores), so I can escape into the wonderful world of retail!

arj0n

The music from the trailer ROCKS!!!

Armageddon

Aren't you the guy that made that waffle game?

LRH

Woah o.O

The amount of detail is insane.

I'll be checking this out very soon.

nads

Downloading now. Can't wait!

Edit: Download, followed the readme part but still won't run.
Comes up saying that it's unable to load plugin 'ags_shell.dll'

I might just try redownloading and try again.

Edit on Edit: Downloaded again and still has the same problem :( moh, was looking forward to playing that.

Khris

Yeah, I had the same issue. I think you have to deactivate the plugin in the editor before compiling the game.
http://www.caverider.com/temp/ags_shell.dll

Just copy it into the game dir and you're good to go.

kconan

Cart Life certainly looks innovative, and like alot of work!  I'll have to check this one out  8)

barefoot

Hi

I always put a copy of a plugin into the games compiled folder before uploading else when it runs it will error saying it can't find it.

Great work so far...

barefoot
I May Not Be Perfect but I Have A Big Heart ..

Dualnames

I just bought the Everything Edition, and I'm planning on a review for the AGS Blog. I played a bit on the free version, but those 5 dollars price seemed nothing really to me, so I bought the game to support an amazing developer. ;)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

(deleted)

(deleted)

Digital Mosaic Games

Only someone on lsd could make such a game. Cool stuff. ;)

9cupsoftea

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I just played this and I have to say it is amazing. One of the best games I've played from ags for sure. So much superbly done detail, really rich art style, and the music is fantastic.

Took me a while to get to grips with the actual gameplay, but more than worth it. Thanks so much for making this!

(deleted)

(deleted)

9cupsoftea

Yeah, that's it pretty much. It's such a strange concept, I really thought it would just be a shopping game with some nice character, so all the other stuff caught me off-guard (but totally sucked me in). That's pretty much what I loved about it though.

It was a really brave choice to make a game like this I think - it goes against a lot of expectations I think people have, and I guess that's why there aren't a dozen pages of comments on the game (there should be!). I'm slightly jaded with formulaic games at the moment, so something like this really reminds me what I love about games.

Carl

Right. Usually I just browse through this board in search of new games, but I have to write something this time. I mean, fifteen comments in two months? That's just wrong. This is a unique, amazing game. I love how the story is about real people struggling to get by with their everyday life in a consumer driven world. I've wanted games to deal with these kind of topics for ages. I don't think I've ever played anything quite like Cart Life before though.

Perhaps its biggest achievement is how it manages to communicate abstract feelings like angst and low self-esteem with such great precision. The game really made me feel guilty when I forgot to pick up Laura at school and then realised that she hadn't made her way home on her own. I felt even worse when I had the custody hearing the day after and still hadn't been able to assemble my coffee stand. I love how the game picks up on these things. Not just how they affect your character but how other characters react to your mistakes and struggles. In this case my mistakes meant that Laura's father got custody over her until a new meeting could be held a week later.

And don't get me started on the style! Some of the animations in there are simply breathtaking. The level of detail is surreal too. The minimalistic expression really fits the tone of the game. You've found a perfect balance between metaphor and visual representation. Its limited in a strictly graphical sense but limitless in scope.

I love you for making this game.

(deleted)

(deleted)

KodiakBehr

There is so much to love about this game, particularly in regards to style and character design.  Truly inspirational.

DrWhite

Wow, I think it was about last week, when I suddenly wondered, how this game was called and what became of it. Didn´t have much time to look into this forum this year. So I´m glad that I accidently took a look and found this today. Downloading.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk