(deleted)

Started by (deleted), Wed 18/05/2011 20:28:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim

Oh my God, what a fantastic game! I love every aspect of it! It is a shame that some other games.threads around here get some attention while Cart Life has had relatively little feedback... Maybe it's because people who tried it are too busy to post because they are still playing it?:)

One thing for sure, the title and the introduction doesn't make it look like it's a ground breaking genre-defining game ( which in my opinion it is) and I admit it took me a while to go ahead and try it.  But I'm very glad I did. Actually, I might even get a full version because... well, it really is a wonderful example how games have grown up and turned into this wondeful mature form of entertainment that adults can enjoy without  embarassment.

Well done.

Oh, also, make sure you get some reviews in adventure game sites!!! For a commercial product it's odd I couldn't google anything up about it... I'm certain PC Gamer UK will write about it ( they seem to check best AGS games every month).

The Donut

Great game with a really great atmosphere. I love it!

tordah

very interesting, nice feel!

(deleted)

(deleted)

Fabiano

I just want to say thanks. I hated this game with all my heart. Couldnt finish it and had to delete from my HD. Too many things that looked like my life, so I undestood that is better let this game go and chance my life ;)
Thanks.
Yeah, yeah, It happens. A lot.

tordah

Quote from: hofmeier on Fri 29/07/2011 23:04:35
Maybe you're all real humans. Who knows?

lol...  :) my son pointed me to this site a few days ago,
he wanted to show me something called the journey down.... i was blown away.
i downloaded the music from Simon D'souza's site and got it on repeat for day 2 now..?..
I'm more into photography but always been taken by game-design
(and kinda fiddling with a flash p&c game whenI'm bored of my camera)
realize this also a game-engine, i signed up here.

browsing around this place for many hours, looking at stuff, (Swarm Development....very cool)

.... why am i writing all this again?... oh yeah:
then i saw this thread and your game, decided to try it out and... it's such a fascinating style!
(i'm a real human! i promise!  =) )

InCreator

I loved every moment of it until I realized that making coffee is a series of confusing minigames. :(

kaputtnik

Richard! You finished it! That's so awesome. I thought Cart Life was going to be an unfinished arcade game forever, but it's a real computer game now, and people can play and download it; I won't go rambling about what I love about the game and why, I'll just say one thing: Games like this and people like you who make them are the reason why I believe that video games can be a truly unique form of art.

Now we only need to convince the internet that this is one of the most radical, anti-mainstream narrative experiments in computer gaming today. Web 2.0 time!
I, object.

(deleted)

(deleted)

kaputtnik

Absolutely not. I am completely unbiased, especially towards myself. And it would be quite nice to post something on 56kmodern again, it has been ages! Now I only have to find the right words...and my password. ( ???)
I, object.

Monsieur OUXX

"for Windows". Lolz to the nonsense.

Khris

While I can appreciate the insane amount of planning and work that must have gone into this, the game's rather tedious and hard, sadly.

I gave it a fair shot but soon gave up due to the unforgiving mechanics and gameplay.
It realistically depicts a work day but that's precisely what made me quit.

More play and less work would turn this into a gem, but that's probably the point.

(deleted)

(deleted)

Igor Hardy

(deleted)

(deleted)

Goldmund

I can't play it and can't stop thinking about it at the same time.

I love the idea of the game, graphics, music, writing, yet I really don't want to go back to it.

It is, in my opinion, one of the best and most important adventure games / sims ever, and all the sorrier I am that something has gone wrong.

I think the idea behind the frustrating difficulty of gameplay is faulty.
You see, it is as if you wanted to teach someone about aggression being wrong by pounding him on the head with a baseball bat.

If you allowed the players to explore more on their pace, they would be moved by your superb writing and plot, and probably they would start thinking about ideology of success, people who have financial problems, etc. And as it is, playing Cart Life makes you angry -- not at the society, but at the game.

Of course, a simulator is a simulator, wanted to see how it is? Here you go. But I would love it much more if I could actually play it, not quit in frustration that once again I failed to pick up my girl from school; because Mel must live in her world, I don't.

These issues are, in a way, the issues of a player, not yourself. They don't change it how impressive is your project and how I admire you for making Cart Life.

Igor Hardy

Quote from: hofmeier on Thu 19/01/2012 22:38:29
Also - nice job plugging the Bake Sale so early in the comments. How is it, exactly, that you are everywhere at all times?

Pure coincidence.

For example - you wouldn't guess - but right now I'm deep into the code of my newest (and already somewhat belated) project, succeeding at not getting distracted by the forums or anything else.

gaarias

;D

Good stuff.

BTW I have problems finding the cat... Is it part of the bug? Cannot find it anywhere.

(deleted)

(deleted)

gaarias

Weird, I saw a playthrough in youtube, and aparently some lady shows up during the night. I never got to see her.

Anyway, thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk