(deleted)

Started by (deleted), Wed 18/05/2011 20:28:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

Not sure what the rules say about posting in old threads, but I half-expected someone else to have bumped this one by now. Cart Life has been nominated for three IGF awards (Excellence In Narrative, the Nuovo Award and Seumas McNally Grand Prize). And very deservedly so, though they're coming a year too late. I still can't get over how great the game is. Congrats Richard!

9cupsoftea

Yeah, I was really surprised to see that a major podcast talked about it recently as if it was a new game, and then giantbomb did a quick look of it! I feel that smug hipster sensation of loving something brilliant before the mainstream did!

Good luck by the way with the IGF, Cart Life definitely deserves to win.

Peder 🚀

Vince Twelve

This was so awesome!  I was watching the live stream and "whoop"ed loud enough to wake my wife.  Dude won $30,000!  Great speeches, too!

Now, since Hofmeier let me in on the super-secret idea for his next game to me at Indiecade, all I have to do is beat him to it and rake in all the moneys and awards! Mwahaha!

edmundito

Congratulations on winning the IGF grand prize! This is so exciting!
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

(deleted)

(deleted)

Rocco

Congratulation for this well deserved price and honor to your work :),
Cart Live is for sure the best and most rememberable indie game i played in the last 2 years.

CaptainD

I'm a bit late I know, but let me add my congratulations.  :-D

miguel

Same here, congratulations! Cart Life is indeed unique.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

ThreeOhFour

Ali

Tramponline

I thought Cat was joking during the AGSA ceremony, but AGS members really DO seem to be taking over the WORLD!

(...is there some secret agenda that I'm not aware of...? :tongue:)

Heartfelt congratulations, hofmeier!
Probing new territories in gaming and what games can also BE is already very commendable in it's own right, but it's
especially awesome to see people acknowledging that 'journey'. (...also that dough! :tongue:)

Sledgy

Somebody has open source of the game? (for translation)

PewDiePie

might play this game for my youtube channel looks good i dont have anything else to play right now just some small games #brofist

LogicalDash

richardhofmeier.com is down -- not just unreachable; when I go there, I get a page indicating that the domain is parked. I tried getting Cart Life 1.6 from archive.org, but it appears the site had a robots.txt that forbid such archiving.

Does anyone have an alternative download link for Cart Life 1.6? And can someone get in touch with Richard to get his site up again?

Danvzare

This might be v1.6 (I honestly don't know), but it's at least a link to the game.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/l11fco2ch1id8gy/cartlife.zip
Enjoy.

fire

Quote from: Sledgy on Fri 08/08/2014 19:45:29
Somebody has open source of the game? (for translation)

if you're still looking, the source code was archived.
https://web.archive.org/web/20150411161022/https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2uu2cdonh3swxz/cartlife_opensores.zip?dl=1

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk