Greetings from Barbarian

Started by Barbarian, Sun 22/05/2011 06:52:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbarian

Eigen: Hey dude, nice to see you here. Yeah, "The Great Stroke Off!" game I think turned out rather well considering the relatively short time we had to work on it. You did a great job on the music for it and it really helped to set the various scenes quite well. For nostalgia, I played through it again recently myself, and I still got a good laugh from it.  ;D I know there was lots of things that could have been better, and a few mistakes in there, but still, we crammed in so much game during such a limited amount of time (1 month from start to finish if I remember correctly). Yep, we had a pretty good team on that project.

Well, perhaps we can work together on some future project(s) together. Now, I'd have to relearn some things about AGS again though (as it's been so long since I've used it, plus the newest version is different in several ways too it appears). I'm eager to get back into making some Adventure-games again, but it's a matter of finding the time, learning (or re-learning) some skills again and coming up with some good ideas. Cheers!
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Peder 🚀

Hey, was gonna try out some of your railworks projects today but I can't seem to access your site :( (I only just bought a legal copy of this game the other day hence why I never tried before now)

[edit]
Works now :)

monkey0506

Hey man. I don't know if I count as an "oldie" yet..guess it depends who you're asking, but I definitely remember you. Too bad about that Jackie Chan film. I remember you were pretty stoked about it. I probably see enough of the railroad while I'm at work now that I work as a van driver chauffeuring the crews around the yard wherever they may need to go, but that railroad simulator sounds pretty cool if there's actually a viable interest for you to be able to make paid extensions instead of just releasing your work for free.

You'll have to pardon my lack of praise for your games because the fact of the matter is that I've actually played very relatively few adventure games, and even fewer AGS games. I'm about to be releasing my second real game (after having officially joined the forums in Feb. 2004!!), but for some reason I can't seem to find the motivation to make anything other than parody/joke games. I've put a lot of serious work into this project, and the bloated download size will have people begging why (why? coz it's packed full of "bonus" content! 8)), but with the intention of creating a game with the longest title of any video game ever produced in all of history, you know you can't be taking things too seriously. :P

Anyway, never leave us here alone so long again. Dual wouldn't stop crying about how everyone worthwhile had left. ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk