An animated film what I made with two other people, Self Centaured!

Started by Eggie, Sat 18/06/2011 11:24:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggie

I'm following Obi's example and posting up my third year project from my animation course.

Like Obi did, we wanted to buck a few of the trends of student animation and do something with dialogue and jokes and that rather than flashy showreel stuff (though it must be said Anna's character animation is pretty damn lovely). We also made made it seven minutes long, which is a record for our young course. Anyway, here it be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adyM7aDRl3g

The group consisted of me, John Bowen and Anna Pabian. And Scavenger was there too to make us feel good about ourselves by laughing at the jokes.

We wrote the story together.
John did all the backgrounds and music (and animated 'You cowards!')
Anna animated the bits that look good.
I animated the bits that look insane.
The voice of Tambourine Man was a local actor, writer and youth theatre organizer called Martyn and he is probably the best discovery since electricity.
I am proud of all of us.

My co-directors don't share my concerns but I'm a bit dismayed by the quality and the 30 seconds of black at the end so we might be uploading a new version next weekend.

Anyway, hope you enjoy. I haven't shared it anywhere else so far!

Chicky

Fantastic Eggie! Very high quality work, your animation style is so lively, i love it!

TheRoger

This is good quality stuff.  :o  I thought I'll saw something done with paint and movie maker, but that was WAY better. Good job, and voice acting was very good. (Thumbs up)

Maybe I'll show my stuff someday, though I'm not an animation course student (I'm not a student at all...).

hedgefield

Really nice animation, and the voiceacting is top-notch, great stuff! As a fellow animator I know how painful animating seven whole minutes can be :)

Ali

I found it very funny and engaging.

However I did find the arbitrary transitions between your animation and Anna's to be a bit distracting. I do enjoy clashing styles, but perhaps it would have been more consistent if Tambourine Man was consistently animated your style while Centaur was animated in Anna's.

Either way, definitely the wittiest torso-severing scene I've ever seen.

vertigoaddict

It's funny how the nipple shot disturbed me more than the splitting end  ::)

Seriously though, as soon as I saw that nipple, I checked my own.

Cabbage

Made me laugh, in numerous places!

But mostly from my mouth.

Scavenger

This film just doesn't get any less hilarious.

I recommend it to anyone who has ever played a tambourine, and even those that haven't.

Daniel Thomas

Funny!

You guys don't happen to be a John Kricfalusi fan? :)
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

Igor Hardy

Creepy and gross, and also very well made.

ThreeOhFour

Beautiful. I got a very strong Kricfalusi vibe from it as well, which is an awesome thing to see!

Eggie

The Kricfalusi influence is something I believe every cartoonist needs to fight with all the strength they can muster, but there's ultimately no shame in losing to it.

Thanks for all the kind words!

And Ali, you're not the first to say, but there's just so damn much of that character.

Wonkyth

"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Scarab

Impressive on many levels; the voice acting, the animation and the humour were all brilliant.

I pretty much died laughing at the
Spoiler
Equestrian 5000
[close]
and the line
Spoiler
"I must leave you now!"
"But what about the children??"
[close]
Not to mention the movie poster puns XD

Congratulations to the team!

Baron

Eggie

There's a little bit of new content related to the film on my DeviantArt: http://eggheadcheesybird.deviantart.com/gallery/31442672

For the curious.
And the FOOLISH!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk