Waldo - The Within City 60%

Started by x0z, Tue 25/02/2003 18:20:44

Previous topic - Next topic

x0z

Waldo - The Within City facts:

Game size now: 7.28MB (60% ready)

We need more voice characters! Mail to wademan@luukku.com

- Only one playable characters (not two like i said)
- 640*480 resolution
- Funny characters and rooms
- Over 30 rooms
- Great music (By: Trapezoid)
- Voices (By: Petteri A...)
- Good humor

Screenshots and pictures:

Waldo Cool (Igor's tutorial)

Wallace McCool (Igor's tutorial)

First room

This is for Neole. Airports toilet

Within city map (will not used)

More screenshot coming....

Jokes:

Osama bin laden - Ozama bin Lager
G.W.Bush - G.W.Brush
Lord of the rings - Lard of the Kings
Tolkien - Talkier
Ericson - Erkkison
Sony - Pony
7Up - 9Down
Batman and Robin - Hatman and cabin

Music: (Trapezoid)

Waldo theme
Fork Arts theme
Music 1
Music 2
Music 3

I need more music! If somebody want to make MIDIs to Waldo, tell me! ;D

Vel

WOW!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Trapezoid

Hooray for Waldo! By the way x0z, if there are more midis you'd like me to make, just send me a PM.

Neole

No fair, you posted the screens I had already seen. *sulk*

Squinky

Cool crap man, This looks promising...

x0z

Game is going to be big...  :(

Better have adsl...

Game is going to be about 10-20MB... Sorry everyone...

Trapezoid

Ooh, cool. Bigness. If anything that just makes the game seem even more promising (I was worried that it would end up being too short.)

x0z

x0z

What you like about airports toilet screenshot?

Neole

Thanks x0z! The cartoony style in the backgrounds is great - it continues looking real fun! Only, why dont the backgrounds fill the whole screen?

Yellow is a Flavor

Wow, looks like it'll be great...

Quickstrike

I just soiled myself because it looks so good.  You owe me that game and a new pair of boxers!
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

x0z

Neole,

I drawed many, many pictures (about 9) then I resized them to 640*280,
OUTLINES WAS TOO FAT! Oh no what i'm going to do now... Then I got idea, I resized them to 400*296... Wow!!

Gilbert

Actually that "small screen" in the middle can be viewed as a style, and it looks cool too (probably has a better impact than they're fullscreen).

Furthermore, one thingie about point & clock adventure games is that sometimes a hotspot/edge/object is put too close to the screen edge, making you difficult to click on it (for example in SCI games sometimes it's difficult to click on a spot near the top of the screen without bringing up the ocmmand icon bar). But that way you shrinked the bgs in the middle of the screen, will never have this problem. Good thing.

I'll suggest that if you want, you can make some random animations on the border of teh screen (can enrich it, but NOT REALLY necessary), such as in rare occations, a face pops up from the right edge and yells "YAY" etc.

--EDIT--
HAHAHA point & clock, I won't edit the original words so you can have a good laugh at me. ;D

x0z

Gilbert I love your idea! THANKS!

nightmairs

I seriously wish i could draw like that!

Cool Game!

x0z

Neole

Some games do have smaller screens for scenes like closets and toilets, but not all the scenes. But Gilbot's idea will work really well! So if you solve a puzzle or crack a joke with a silly look at or use, you could have an audience laugh or someone appear in the side area and pass a snide comment instead of the main character saying "I cant do that".

x0z

Do you wanna be Wallace McCool's voice... Waldo-game needs some voice actors... Petteri A is one of them... Are you the another...  8)

Someone...? ???

Pet Terry

Yep, I'm voice of Waldo... but we need more voices! I know there's many people how can do voices :)
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk