Adventure Heroes - Let's work together!

Started by Moogle, Sun 03/07/2011 20:35:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Moogle

Hey everyone. Has there a time were you wanted to see your favorite AGS heroes team up and solve puzzles together? Well I recently I purchased a game for my iphone called Battleheart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dz_0oeeIdw&feature=related
Here is an example of how the game battleheart works. Please turn off the sound as it was the only video I could find to give you an example of what I am think of.

You play as 1,2,3 or 4 hero(es) in a one room battle game. The has 12 characters that you can play from. Each has there own abilities that you can choose from as you level up.

Recently I talked with Studio3 about working together to  make a medium length game.
He said yes however he is still kinda busy with the other games he is making. However he  suggested that I share the idea with the community and ask if anyone wanted to work together like the Swarm project. Now I know what your thinking and no it is not a RPG. It is a adventure game with RPG elements mixed together.

*Adventure heroes: Journey of the Lion*

Info: play as 4 out of 12 of your favorite AGS characters and venture on the Journey to seek the the great lion god. Play through 12 levels, each level is inspired by a level that is seen in one of the 12 heroes games. Find hiding stones to level up you characters. Some levels even have hiding passages that can only be opened by certain characters.

[*Current characters*]
01|Oceanspirit Dennis - picked by Mog.net
02|
03|
04|
05|
06|
07|
08|
09|
10|
11|
12|

If you want to help just PM studio3 or me. Select a Job from below and PM us with Job title in the Subject line.
[*Job list*]

Backgrounds

Graphics
1)player icons
2)World map

Character design

Object
World objects
Animation

1)character views
2)world views
3)Menu views

Proof reader

Menu design
1)Title Menu
2)Main menu
3)Map/level menu
4)Shop menu
5)Characters selection list
6)Pub(Purchase other playable characters)
7)Stats

Music director

------Possible Jobs---------------------------

Intro maker

Voice Acting
--------------------------------------------------

If you have any characters you wanna see then PM me....or Studio3

Rules!: You can only select up to 1 character from a game that you would want to see. Meaning you could select Dennis from OSD and once Dennis is added no one else from any OSD can be added.

I will sketch out a few examples of how the game will play.

Looking forward to working with you guys :=

OSD online

Baron

Well, good luck to you guys.  Remember, the swarm model isn't so much about farming out work as collaboratively designing and building something with the emphasis on fun and community more than the end result.  I plan on writing a "swarm model retrospective" when our Draculator game is complete, analyzing how my expectations and the reality of the project differed; what worked and what didn't; and the various lessons learned.  I'd be interested in your impressions of the process as your own project unfolds.

Good luck again!

Moogle

Thank you Baron. What I meant when I said Swarm is that this can be group project like it. I seen the Swarm game so thread and game and it looks different from how I thought it would look however it's still looks cool. I plan to keep my game simple so it won't be confusing if I have to make it alone.

And good luck to you too. :)
OSD online

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk