AGS engine PSP port

Started by JJS, Fri 15/07/2011 16:27:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

The PSP builds are now available for download from the build server:
http://teamcity.bigbluecup.org/viewType.html?buildTypeId=AdventureGameStudio_EnginePsp

To download one, choose the version ("master" is latest stable AGS), and click on "Artifacts" column.

I must note that we had trouble running this port on emulator, because as soon as we run any game, emulator crashed. It is possible that PSP build was broken, for last time it was tested on actual device in 2013.

Cassiebsg

I have a PSP, I'll give it a try as soon as I have the time and post here. ;)

EDIT: Errmmm... guess not. It's asking for login and password. ???

EDIT2: Never mind, just noticed a link saying "login as guest". :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 28/09/2015 13:44:10
EDIT2: Never mind, just noticed a link saying "login as guest". :-D
Yes, just login as guest :).

sonneveld

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 28/09/2015 13:44:10
I have a PSP, I'll give it a try as soon as I have the time and post here. ;)
Sweet!  If you have a chance, could you compare with JJS's own builds?

Cassiebsg

I'm actually not sure it'll work with mine, think mine it's a 1000 and readme says 2000/3000/GO. :-\:(
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 29/09/2015 18:22:02
I'm actually not sure it'll work with mine, think mine it's a 1000 and readme says 2000/3000/GO. :-\:(
Try small simple games for starters, which do not require much resources, maybe even create a new game in Editor using default template.

morganw

I just acquired a 1000. I can load a game without any problems using the latest master build from the build server, but it doesn't find the patches.dat file to get MIDI working. I compared it with the last build available from JJS, and with this build it seems to find the patches.dat file (no warning as the game starts, plus a lengthy delay before the game comes up - I guess it's actually caching audio data at this point). I don't actually get any audio with either build, but perhaps that's because the 1000 doesn't have enough memory.

InfernalGrape

Hi. So I have a PSP, which AGS version I need to use to make a game for it?

Is it 3.2.1 basically? Also, which build is best to use? JJS website is still available, but "build server" isn't anymore, right?

By the way, PSP Homebrew Development community just opened a game making jam that would last until 21 October. If anyone is interested.

P.S.
Also, is it possible to turn specific game into sort of standalone eboot instead of basically using AGS port as emulator where you choose needed game from inside?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk