[SOLVED] Unexpected error: access path to " ... exe" refused

Started by Peter Bear, Wed 20/07/2011 12:00:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Bear

Hello

while trying to launch the game project trough AGS ( which I updated to the last version )
I keep receiving an error message : unexpected Error :
( translated from french : access to path "c:/documents and setting .... / compiled/mygame.exe" , access denied

I can't run the game, with or without the debugger, can't create the EXEs ( same error comes with winsetup.exe )
I tryied to move my working game folder to another one, same error.

Disabled the antivirus ( comodo ) , nothing better ...
I don't know what is going on, the only thing I did is to update the AGS editor.
The game files are sync from my different machines with dropbox... ( but I deactivate it when I work on the game project to fasten the whole thing and avoid issues ...)

Maybe can someone help me ???

Thank you
Not much time for gaming neither creating, but keeping an eye on everything :)

Peter Bear

I am using windows XP SP3.
For the record.

I installed another XP distro under linux & VirtualBOX, I dont have any error messages ...

Wyz

Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Peter Bear

This is not the issue, I am already administrator on my session.

+ When I double click on the generated exe, it launches ...
This is not working only INTO AGS Editor. ( and with this configuration, on another one, this is working fine, but slow ... as it is a virtualbox machine on the second hand )

Wyz

Oh right, I just remembered something. Does you AGS game name have special characters in it like accents?
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Peter Bear

not at all, i tryied to move it to a directory without spaces in its name too ... unefficient

Peter Bear

Solvedf ! COMODO antivirus was blocking each .exe AGS made ...

Now this is working after deslecting "defense +" options.

monkey0506

Right, turning a portion of your antivirus software off simply because it thinks AGS is a virus (because it is embedding the engine EXE inside of your game EXE, which is typically suspicious behaviour for a program to do) is not really the best route for you to be taking here. What you should really be doing is adding an exception for the files, or if necessary your Compiled or entire project directory. I'm fairly certain that every antivirus program allows exceptions to its scanning rules.

Khris

Avast. Free, no annoying messages, no false positives so far whatsoever.

Peter Bear

I will search in the rules parameters ...

& I switched from avast to comodo ...  (  free too )
after trying some comparative scans ... Avast didnt recognize as many viruses as Comodo AV did ...

& I had the feeling that Comodo was lighter to load and work.

monkey0506

avast! didn't recognize as many viruses? So are you openly admitting to us that you have multiple viruses on your computer that you are aware of but have not taken steps to rid yourself of? Or do you mean that you have some sort of virus breeding ground on a separate non-web-connected computer which you use for this type of testing?

Unless you meant the latter, please stop using the internet immediately. Forever. :o

@Khris: +1'd on avast!.

Peter Bear

lol !

Actually I figured that I had some viruses on my computer after installing Comodo ( by curiosity ) ... I had Avast before and they were already present without beeing discovered by Avast.

Actually, they looked to be harmless, because they never occured any data loss or anything before I erase them ...

After discovering this anyway, I formated my XP partition then reinstalled it all from scratch.

99% of the time I am under Ubuntu, so I dont care about viruses much ... But when it comes to gaming or game editing, I find windows is a little bit more confortable.

So I dont have any virus breeding machine anymore ! For now !! lol :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk