Show your progress RoN-a-thing (Jul 20 - Aug 6)

Started by Renegade Implementor, Wed 20/07/2011 13:50:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegade Implementor

Shamelessly borrowing from the "Release Something" concept, now's the opportunity for people to show off RoN-related material that they've been working on such as: backgrounds, music, screenshots from an upcoming game, updated character sprites (such as Mr. Namyah), an excerpt from a fiction/non-fiction piece, or even a demo.

Closing date will be August 6th.

To get things rolling, here's a background from part of a new entertainment centre that I'm constructing.

HandsFree

Cool!
Is that background going to be in a RON game?

I actually released a RON demo in the 'release something' thread but it may have gone a little unnoticed there, so I'm posting it here again if that's OK.
It's my how-does-AGS-work game. I tried to follow the tutorial but never could make even a simple background so abandoned it again until I found out about Reality on the Norm.
With so much art already available it seemed perfect for learning AGS, but after I played the games (not all by far but quite a lot) I was hooked.

I loaded a random background and character and thought 'see if I can give her some money when you click there on the screen'. And it worked! So from there I just tried out different things from the tutorial like dialogues and scripting stuff.

The demo is the first part of the game. As such it is mainly walking and talking, but there will be more to do later on.
I didn't do any art, apart from a few little changes to the backgrounds. I did do the 40 seconds of music during the intro though and I plan to do some more for other locations.

Anyway, all comments are welcome.
http://www.mediafire.com/?h4mymag7cwhiw08

helios123

Just finished my second RoN game. ;D

More details here.
That's all for now,
helios123

Renegade Implementor

HandsFree- If someone wants to use it, then of course.  It and the other rooms of the entertainment centre aren't connected to the game I'm working on at the moment.

helios123 - Congrats on getting your second game done.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk