*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

Correct! The link was the animated Japanese remake (overseen by Goro Miyazaki) that's coming to Amazon Prime soon. (And the thing people took for a lemming or squirrel is a "rumpnisse" gnome wearing Ronia's hat. Apparently they're called "rump-hobs" in the new translation.)

Final screencap I had prepared:

Hazel

I knew it :-D

Also, i personally prefer this harpy version. It looks more intimidating than the animated one.

Gilbert

Actually I wrote Lemmings not because of that 'thing' as I didn't even notice something lurking in that forest shot. Instead I was referring to that NSFW shot. :grin:

Snarky

Well you lost me, but OK, sure! ;-D

Hazel, your turn!

Hazel

selmiak

Hazel

Mandle

Hmmmmmm... The map is written in Japanese and seems to be of an island.

A almost was gonna guess "Letters From Iwo Jima", except that the pen appears to be a felt-tip which I don't think existed in that time period...The fashion of the dude's suit does seem to fit the era though so I will still put that in as a possible guess...

But main guess is:

Battle Royale?

LUniqueDan

"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Hazel

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 15/01/2017 08:11:54
Hmmmmmm... The map is written in Japanese and seems to be of an island.

A almost was gonna guess "Letters From Iwo Jima", except that the pen appears to be a felt-tip which I don't think existed in that time period...The fashion of the dude's suit does seem to fit the era though so I will still put that in as a possible guess...

But main guess is:

Battle Royale?

Yes it is Battle Royale, you won Mandle. :)

Quote from: LUniqueDan on Sun 15/01/2017 17:33:33
Blade Runner ?

No, is not.

Mandle

Quote from: Hazel on Sun 15/01/2017 22:34:37
Yes it is Battle Royale, you won Mandle. :)

Woah! I did?!

I'm so glad too because Battle Royale is probably my favorite Japanese movie and I would have kicked myself if I hadn't gotten it.

New screenshot coming soon.

Mandle

Snarky

Is this from some sort of PSA about movie piracy?

I'm gonna guess "You wouldn't steal a car"

Danvzare

It kind of reminds me of that skit in Gremlins, although that had Hulk Hogan, not pirates.
So um... Muppet Treasure Island?

Amayirot Akago

One of the Scary Movie, um, movies?
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Mandle

Nope of the above... although I really like Snarky's guess! That's totally what it looks like! But it's not...

CaptainD

Looks kinda familiar but... dunno.  Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey?

Mandle

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Mandle

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Tue 17/01/2017 10:56:08
Yellowbeard?

I'm a frayed knot...

Okay, here's another screenie:

This movie would make it onto at least my top 40 of favorite comedies...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk