*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurok

Babar got it! It's Great Expectations (the 1946 version). Your turn, Babar!

And here's the final pic, where some light was shed on the situation, Estella!

[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Babar

Yay!
Here is yours to guess now:
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Mandle

Ray?
Shaft?
Ali?

(Hmmmm... movies with black main characters sure do have single-name titles a lot...)

dayowlron

Really????

Guess whos coming to dinner?
The Color Purple?
Boyz in the Hood?
Coming to America?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Babar

None of these are correct.
And not ALL the main characters are black :D.

Mandle

Babar

It is not any of these.

The movie is not as old as it looks.

Snarky

Is it City of God? It looks similar to the shots from the last time we had it in this thread.

Babar

UGH! Didn't see the last time it was posted, or I'd have chosen a different scene. You're right, of course.

Snarky

Quintaros

Reminds me of a typical Wes Anderson shot but I don't recognize it.  Maybe "Bottlerocket"?

Mandle

Snarky

Mandle

Okay, so from some hints in the picture I managed to track the movie down... But I don't feel good about solving it...

Snarky

Well, then I'll post another screencap, and maybe someone else will identify it before you overcome your scruples (laugh)

(Of course, if you're pretty sure you'd have gotten it from this one, feel free to claim it.)

Mandle

Quote from: Snarky on Sat 15/04/2017 16:00:08
(Of course, if you're pretty sure you'd have gotten it from this one, feel free to claim it.)

Yeah, that one would have done it.... I have seen this movie by coincidence as my wife rented it and I ended up watching it and she didn't...

It's Paddington. (basically Stuart Little with a bear, or a more family-friendly Ted...But the visuals were amazing!)

Snarky

Yes!

Most people probably only know the movie (if at all) from the off-putting promotional shot that turned into a "murderbear" meme, but the film is sweet and surprisingly hilarious. From the enthusiastically old-timey voice over about "Darkest Peru!" that opens the movie, to Peter Capaldi and Nicole Kidman as the slapstick villains, I pretty much had a grin on my face the whole way through. The first shot has one of my favorite gags, as the girl listens to a Chinese language lesson with the phrase "I have been accused of insider trading and require legal representation."

Mandle

Yeah, I enjoyed the movie much more than I thought I would. I really only watched it because I thought it was a waste of money having rented it and my wife decided she didn't really want to see it after all...

Anyway: Next screenie:

Amayirot Akago

Is that Jaws' girlfriend from Moonraker?
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Danvzare

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk