*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

VampireWombat

Now I almost want to watch Varsity Blues again to see how James James Van Der Beek handled a Texas accent (assuming his character was supposed to be originally from Texas).
But I'm also very afraid of how bad it might be...

edit: Watched a trailer and many of the accents are as bad as I feared...

milkanannan

Alright how about this one. Bonus points if you make the connection between this and the images of Varsity Blues shared earlier. (laugh)

Ben X

A Simple Plan?

(edit: and a look at the Varsity Blues wikipedia entry suggests to me that perhaps the link is the name "Billy Bob"?)

josiah1221

Quote from: Stupot on Fri 29/06/2018 15:25:12
Oh and Dawson from Dawson's Creek was in Varsity Blues, so we've got a connection with the What's on TV thread.

That's were I got the idea to post the movie, I was wondering if anyone would catch it ;)

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Fri 29/06/2018 20:39:10
A Simple Plan?

Goshdangit!!! Beat me to it! One of my alltime favorite books/movies. So tightly plotted and one of the few movies with Bill Paxton in the lead role!

milkanannan

Quote from: Ben X on Fri 29/06/2018 20:39:10
A Simple Plan?

(edit: and a look at the Varsity Blues wikipedia entry suggests to me that perhaps the link is the name "Billy Bob"?)

Wow! Didn't think anyone would get it from that obscure screen cap. And yes, Billy Bob was the link. Nicely done - your turn!

Ben X

Great film! Okay, here's mine, strong link to previous:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/rBJpkrq.png[/imgzoom]

Mandle

Ben X

Ooh, nice try, but no. Though Billy Bob Thornton is one of the links...

Mandle

Ben X

Nope! As far as I can tell, BBT was not involved in that movie...

EDIT: I now realise my previous post may have been ambiguous: BBT is one of the links between my movie and A Simple Plan)

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Sat 30/06/2018 16:07:40
Nope! As far as I can tell, BBT was not involved in that movie...

I believe he is listed as a character called "Lightning".

Ben X

Ah, you're right, sorry! Wow, that's an impressive roster of character actors, no wonder I missed him.

Mandle

One False Move?

or, if not:

Spoiler
Tombstone?
[close]

Snarky

Ben X

Correct! Also directed by Sam Raimi, and the BBT link is that he wrote it. Probably some other links I'm not thinking of, like Gary Cole etc.

Man, I want to do a Sam Raimi marathon now.

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Mon 02/07/2018 14:15:33
Also directed by Sam Raimi, and the BBT link is that he wrote it.

That was a pretty good movie. I didn't know Billy Bob wrote it. My respect for the man has just grown, even though it was pretty high to begin with, if only for his roles in A Simple Plan, Slingblade (which I know he also wrote and directed), The Man Who Wasn't There, and Chocolate. All worthy of oscar nominations!

Snarky

I can't be arsed coming up with a link to the last one. I'll do like I usually do and just pick the last movie I watched:

Ben X

No idea. Feels Lynch-y or Fincher-y. Ummm, Lost Highway?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk