*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Quote from: Ponch on Sat 30/07/2011 19:18:20
Sweet biscuits! Is that Gunhed?!?

NOTHING LESS THAN BADASS PONCH TO FIND AN OBSCURE MOVIE! :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ponch

QuoteNOTHING LESS THAN BADASS PONCH TO FIND AN OBSCURE MOVIE!

Find an obscure move? Baby, I OWN that obscure movie. I have an old bootleg VHS tape and I'm watching it as we speak. I had forgotten how much I enjoy this old, strange movie. The actors all speak in their own native languages, and everyone seems to understand each other with no problems whatsoever. It's crazy! :D Plus, in the distant future, the robots run on whiskey, guys named Brooklyn don't know anything about baseball, robots can learn to love, people name their children 7 and 11, and the rarest element in the world is Texmexium. (I think it's what gives Taco Bell it's unique taste!)   8)

Anyhoo, since it's my turn now, here's a pair of screen shots from one of my favorite movies of all time.

Our hero has to face off against the Pimp Army and he also provides the soundtrack for his own love scene. It's AWESOME! Can you dig it?

LimpingFish

Yep, Gunhed is awesome. :D

Hmm. Since that looks like Isaac Hayes, I'm going to hazard a guess...and say...Truck Turner?
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Ponch

Crap. You got it in one. I should have tried harder.  :P

All right, then. Your turn, limp.

Dualnames

I have a feeling we're gonna go from obscure movies to even more obscure movies. :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ponch

Quote from: Dualnames on Sun 31/07/2011 02:58:43
I have a feeling we're gonna go from obscure movies to even more obscure movies. :D

That's the trick, isn't it? If the thread is too easy, then people will lose interest. If it's too hard, then people will give up. It's a tight rope, Dual! Over a pit of lava! Filled with broken glass and rusty nails!

Just think! Limpingfish is under tremendous pressure right now. All eyes are upon that bald hamster. (Whew! I'm sure glad I'm not him!  := )

arj0n

Until CrippleFish has upped another one, try this one:

Sam.

Arjon, If this is to be an actual game, I suggest patience otherwise the thread will get confused with multiple games running at once. Don't get over-excited by the new "Who is the obscurist" side to the fun.
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

LimpingFish

That looks nasty, so I'm gonna pluck the nastiest film I can think of out of the air (one that I haven't even seen!) and wildly guess...

A Serbian Film?

Anyhow, here's mine...obscure to all but those who..it...um...isn't.

arj0n

Quote from: Zooty on Sun 31/07/2011 18:51:43
Arjon, If this is to be an actual game, I suggest patience otherwise the thread will get confused with multiple games running at once. Don't get over-excited by the new "Who is the obscurist" side to the fun.
I know it's an actual game, I started it.
I wasn't try any form of "Who is the obscurist", that movie isn't actually that obscure anyway although the screeny might look like so  ;)

Anyway, Limpingfish is back so: let the game continue.

arj0n

must be 'The Keep'

LimpingFish

Quote from: └» Arj0n «┘ on Sun 31/07/2011 20:18:31
must be 'The Keep'

Yep! Damn, I thought I had a good one there. :P

Still stuck on your one though...hmm.

Ponch

Quote from: └» Arj0n «┘ on Sun 31/07/2011 20:18:31
must be 'The Keep'

Damn it! I can in here to say that very thing!  :P

Also, I have no idea what movie the other pic is from. So I'm going to spam disturbing movie titles in the hope I get it right. Wolf Creek. Hostel 2. Touristas. Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Back to the Future 4. Arjon's Home Movies Volume 32.

Did I guess right with any of those?  ;)

arj0n

Quote from: Ponch on Sun 31/07/2011 20:56:36
Also, I have no idea what movie the other pic is from. So I'm going to spam disturbing movie titles in the hope I get it right. Wolf Creek. Hostel 2. Touristas. Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Back to the Future 4. Arjon's Home Movies Volume 32.

Did I guess right with any of those?  ;)
The last one was soooo close...  :P

Don't tell me I'm the only one who's seen this flick, come on peops  ;)
(and no, it's not pron)

Snake

QuoteArjon's Home Movies Volume 32
Ponch, you are damn near correct with that guess! Close enough where I think he should give it to you anyway.

I believe it is from the OBSCURE version of that collection, Arjon's OBSCURE Home Movies Volume 2.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

LUniqueDan

Ahhhh The Keep.  8) I hope they'll redo it with the same athmospheric feels. But with a less skinny girl.

Seven? Nope.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

arj0n

Quote from: Snake
QuoteArjon's Home Movies Volume 32
I believe it is from the OBSCURE version of that collection, Arjon's OBSCURE Home Movies Volume 2.
Warm.

Quote from: LUniqueDan
Seven? Nope.
Could have been but like you said: nope

Dualnames

Torture Chamber?
Hostel?

Then I'm clueless by that still. I haven't seen it in long years so here goes the longest catch of all time, Princess Bride?
or or or wait, Man of Vendetta?

arj0n

Quote from: Dualnames
Torture Chamber?
Hostel?
Nope
Nope

Quote from: Dualnames
Then I'm clueless by that still. I haven't seen it in long years so here goes the longest catch of all time, Princess Bride?
Ha!
Spoiler
nope
[close]

Dualnames

how about that korean movie called ye saali sintagi or whatever..come on Arjon, change the still!! :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk