*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

No guesses? OK, here's another screencap:

Hint: It's a recent film, not American.

Snarky

OK, another one, then:

As you might glean from the frame, it's a Korean movie.

Snarky

No? OK, here's one last screencap and hints:

It's a 2014 Korean dark-comedy/thriller about a dirty cop having a hard day after he runs over a pedestrian and has get rid of the body, while dealing with lots of other complications. That should be pretty googleable.

Quintaros

All right, let's put this one out of its misery.  I have not seen this movie but I do recognize the actor on the left in your last screenshot so am able to find a 2014 credit that matches your description: "A Hard Day".

Snarky

Thank you! (It was actually your turn anyway, so take it away!)

Quintaros

Quote from: Snarky on Thu 21/05/2015 17:45:33
Thank you! (It was actually your turn anyway, so take it away!)

Yeah, I had one all planned out last time before you scooped me too!  I'll post it later tonight.

Quintaros

Quintaros

LimpingFish

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

jwalt

The quarry looks like it is from Breaking Away. I'm not so sure that the other shot is in Breaking Away, but I guess it might be part of the pan sequence on the rainy day, where the dad was inside the car dealership office, and the boy was oustide on the bike riding the rollers. Might be wrong, however.

Quintaros

Breaking Away is correct.  The first shot is from when the father returns for a visit to the stone cutting mill.

jwalt

Quote from: Quintaros on Tue 26/05/2015 04:17:43
Breaking Away is correct.  The first shot is from when the father returns for a visit to the stone cutting mill.

"I want some American food. I want French Fries."

I continue to have some problems uploading images, so if someone wants to steal this round from me -- feel free. Otherwise, I'll try to get something up later today.

jwalt

I've just about convinced myself that the first time I saw this movie, it was on the mess decks while serving aboard a ship that was only slightly larger than the one in the picture?

The movie actually has two titles. It was released in Europe with a different title. How my ship managed to get the European titled movie, I have no clue. We did make a port visit to Plymouth, England, but I don't think we swapped any flicks with the Limeys while we were there.  ;-)

Quintaros

Is it "You're in the Navy Now"?

jwalt

Yes. The other title, in Europe, was something along the lines of "Operation Teakettle." Well done.

Quintaros

Filmed in my province:

Anke

Looks like "Unforgiven".

nihilyst

Quintaros

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk