*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

I feel like I recognise this scene but can't quite place it.  Is it an Ealing Comedy by any chance?

CaesarCub

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 28/11/2016 08:46:20
I feel like I recognise this scene but can't quite place it.  Is it an Ealing Comedy by any chance?

Yes it is.

CaptainD

In that case, and since they're on a ship, I think it may be Whiskey Galore.

Kumpel

Snarky

Kind Hearts and Coronets. I don't recognize the first shot, though.

Also, could we please keep the images to maybe 800 px width? At this size they don't fit on any computer I use.

CaesarCub

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 28/11/2016 16:11:49
Kind Hearts and Coronets. I don't recognize the first shot, though.

Yes, we have a winner. That's Alec Guinness portraying Lady Agatha D'Ascoyne rioting for the female vote.

I had planned to pick all scenes with him playing all the different D'Ascoyne characters:

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 28/11/2016 16:11:49
Also, could we please keep the images to maybe 800 px width? At this size they don't fit on any computer I use.

Sorry, I got carried away with trying to show the images as good as possible.

CaptainD

Gah... I honestly had wondered if that was Alec Guinness too.  But I'd still not have remembered this particular film I don't think! :-[

Snarky

I've only seen the Alec Guinness Ealings, but KH&C is probably my favorite, or maybe tied with The Ladykillers.

While we're on black and white movies:

Snarky

Quintaros

Snarky

No. You're entirely on the wrong track.

Quintaros

Quote from: Snarky on Thu 01/12/2016 14:38:51
No. You're entirely on the wrong track.

Yeah no surpise there; I was just taking a shot.  I thought I recognized Anthony Quinn as one of the guys in the first screenshot and Googled for Film Noirs that he'd been in. 

Snarky

This film considerably pre-dates film noir. Also, don't Google Image "naked street" with Safe Search turned off.

Quintaros

Okay well let's try a Screwball Comedy with Anthony Quinn in a bit part.  "The Milky Way"?

Snarky

Much closer, but still no.

This might be a giveaway:

Quintaros

Snarky

Quintaros

I had to work for that one.  I've only seen one Marx Brothers movie and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.  Guess I should check out some more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk